Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Degrassi Spoilers & Specs #51-Because Craig is a eppy whore!

SEASON 5 PRESS RELEASE

Many Degrassi 25th Anniversary celebrations, promotions and appearances will take place throughout the season. Further announcements will be made in the coming months.

Returning cast regulars are Sarah Barrable-Tishauer as Liberty; Deanna Casaluce as Alex; Lauren Collins as Paige; Ryan Cooley as JT; Jake Epstein as Craig; Stacey Farber as Ellie; Jake Goldsbie as Toby; Aubrey Graham as Jimmy; Shane Kippel as Spinner; Andrea Lewis as Hazel; Mike Lobel as Jay; Miriam McDonald as Emma; Adamo Ruggiero as Marco; and Cassie Steele as Manny. Also returning are Dalmar Abuzeid as Danny and Shenae Grimes as Darcy. Jamie Johnston will be a new addition to the cast as Peter.

Also returning are Stefan Brogren as Archie "Snake" Simpson; Pat Mastroianni as Joey Jeremiah; and Amanda Stepto as Snake's missus, Christine "Spike" Nelson.

After four years following the teens of Degrassi, this is the year that viewers will see the first class of students graduate. Season Five begins with Manny anxious to pursue an acting career. Unfortunately, she is not prepared for the harsh realities of living out her Hollywood dream. Meanwhile, Craig receives an unwelcome birthday present from Ashley.

Always prepared to tackle tough issues in a realistic way - a key element in the broadening of the audience age range - this season's Degrassi will deal with topics including sexuality, drugs, religion and self-esteem.

News from the Exec:

11/27/04
We'll be interested in the reactions to Secret Part 1 and Part 2. The 'secret' relates to oral sex, which is not something that is often dealt with on television--but it is important that it be dealt with honestly and authentically and that is what we have tried to do!

1/15/05
the final episode has a whole range of emotions. Yes, you will cry (even I can't help crying when I see it, and I've seen it a million times). But you will probably laugh out loud more than you ever have in any other Degrassi episode, there are some hilarious moments, starting with the very first scene!!!

1/19/25
We're already working, as you know, on 501/502 AND you don't know that we are also working on a SECRET project very closely related to Degrassi... BUT we won't know if there will officially be a Season 5 of Degrassi until CTV orders us, which is unlikely to happen before mid-February, and may take as long as the beginning of March!!!

2/23/05
We heard late this evening from CTva bout Degrassi, still no word on Instant Star we are hoping for that by the end of this week.

And the news is: Degrassi has officially been ordered for 19 episodes in Season 5!!!

This means that the final episode of Season 5 will be the 100th episode of Degrassi: The Next Generation!!!

And it all happens in the year we are celebrating 25 years of Degrassi being on the air!!

3/7/05
A whole bunch of the Degrassi cast were in today, because a photographer from a major U.S. publication (don't want to say which one because I don't want to jinx having the story appear!) was at the studio to do some photos for a large story!

3/18/05
I have just received a preview fax copy of the Sunday New York Times Magazine which will be coming out in two days (on Sunday naturally!)... it's pretty amazing, and I'm looking forward to seeing it for real... a full six-page spread on Degrassi with some big pictures... and it's very complimentary!!! Yes, they don't come much more prestigious than the Sunday NY Times Magazine... Woohoo!!!

3/26/05
I never said where DVD signings would be, because I don't know!! I do know that The N will be organizing mall tours again this summer, and I certainly would not be surprised if there were some signing events for the Season 2 DVD, but I haven't heard about any specific plans yet!!
p.s. New York was great and the showcase fesaturing Instant Star and Alexz Johnson was fantastic...

4/1/05
I'm now in Winnipeg, because as many of you know I am an Executive Producer of the Juno Awards, which are Canada's Music Awards like the Grammy's for the U.S. (They air this Sunday evening.)

But earlier this week Linda and I were in L.A. having meetings about a big project related to Degrassi that has to remain secret for the time being, but if it happens I think you will be very pleased, very pleased indeed!!!

4/17/05
I've been off at a television convention (hehe, in the south of France) and boy do people around the world love Degrassi!

Later this week I'm heading down to Los Angeles and maybe after returning we can give you a hint about what the potential big thing that might be happening this year is.

In the meantime, the writers are busy writing, because we're only a few weeks away from starting to shoot Season 5!!! We just had a read-through of 501 and 502, it was great to see the cast again, and see how they've grown again over the winter!

4/24/05
Just back from Los Angeles, and I'll be heading back there in three weeks (in two weeks of course it's the first week of filming of Season 5 so I've GOT to be here for that!) We're making some progress on the big secret project but it's stll a bit early to give out any hints. I can confirm though that whatever Linda said on the radio about next season is true!! (And you might be be surprised!) In answer to one question, the book is coming out in August...

4/30/05
Actually filming is going to start May 6th (originally we were going to shoot the new generic opening on the 6th but we've decided to push that to later)... last nigth our book publisher came over to the house to deliver the galley proofs of the Degrassi: Generations book that will be released in late August. It is AMAZING. Hundreds of pictures, and tons of facts about Degrassi that even Lidna and I had forgotten or never knew! The book will initially be released in Canada, the U.S. and Australia!

5/6/05
Just walked back from set to my office, the opening Scene 113 Take 1 of Season 5 was just shot (remember we shoot scenes out of order) as Manny walks through the front door of Degrassi to the appreciate words of JT and Toby. It's great to be back!!

5/19/05
I just watched another car crash, it went off perfectly!!! (A bit expensive to keep crashing cars I know, but very satisfying when you know it's going to look good on screen.)

Episode titles for Season 4

401/402-Ghost of the Machine
403-King of Pain
404-Mercy Street
405-Anywhere I Lay My Head
406-Islands in the Stream
407/408- Time stands Still
409-Back in Black
410-Neutron Dance
411/412- Voices Carry
413- Bark At The Moon
414/415- Secret
416- Eye Of The Tiger
417-Queen of Hearts
418-Love Will Tear Us Apart
419-Moonlight Desires
420-West End Girls
421-Going Down The Road 1
422-Going Down The Road 2

Working titles for Season 5

501 Venus Part 1
502 Venus Part 2
503 Death of a Disco Dancer
504 Foolin'
505 Weddings, Parties, Anything
506 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
507 Turned Out
508 Tell it to My Heart

Season 5 hints

-There is a new character name Peter (played by Jamie Johnston)

-Scene 113 has Manny, JT, and Toby invovled.

-Someone will get pregnant...with a twist

Degrassi Unscripted

Starting June 3!

-Stacey Farber~June 3rd

-Aubrey Graham~June 10th

-Melissa McIntyre~June 17th

The N Presents Three New Installments of the Half-Hour Biography Series, Degrassi: Unscripted premiering Friday, June 3

New York, NY, May 10, 2005 - The N, will premiere a new slate of Degrassi: Unscripted, the nighttime network for teens' behind-the-scenes biography specials featuring the stars from the hit series, Degrassi: The Next Generations. Beginning Friday, June 3 at 8:00pm (ET), The N will unveil three new half-hour specials which focus on a different Degrassi star each week.

Filled with never-before-seen footage, Degrassi fans will see the actors like never before -- in their homes, with their families, hanging out on set and going out with their friends. The new Degrassi: Unscripted specials will air Friday nights at 8:00pm ET leading up to new summer episodes of Degrassi: The Next Generation on Friday, July 1.

Degrassi: Unscripted gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the real lives of their favorite stars from, Degrassi: the Next Generation. This June, viewers will joins Stacey Farber ("Ellie"), Aubrey Graham ("Jimmy") and Melissa McIntyre ("Ashley"), as cameras follow each star through their daily routines. The specials will feature exclusive interviews with each cast member's family, friends, and crew from the set. Degrassi: Unscripted will reveal how each star got their start and what they are like on and off the set when the cameras stop rolling. Additionally, Degrassi: Unscripted will give fans a sneak peek into the highly-anticipated new Degrassi episodes premiering this summer.

Beginning Monday, May 30, The N's website www.the-n.com, will feature descriptive episode guides, exclusive on-air promos and unseen clips from each of the Degrassi: Unscripted episodes. To gear up for the new summer episodes, the show page will launch "The Tao of Degrassi" game, where characters "Paige," "Spinner" and "Liberty" will give fans a daily dose of Degrassi wisdom culled from actual Degrassi: The Next Generation episodes. In addition the website will feature sneak peeks of new upcoming Degrassi summer episodes.

The following is a rundown of The N's Degrassi: Unscripted schedule in June:
Friday, June 3, (8:00pm & 10:00pm ET) Stacey Farber ("Ellie") - Cameras follow Stacey as she goes home and then on to a spa vacation with real life buddy Lauren Collins, who plays "Paige" on Degrassi. Viewers go along for the ride with Stacey as she travels to the Big Apple for a fabulous trip to New York's Fashion Week!

Friday, June 10, (8:00pm & 10:00pm ET) Aubrey Graham ("Jimmy") - Aubrey takes viewers with him on a cross-country promotional tour for Degrassi, and then into the recording studio to work on his debut album. Viewers will get a sneak peek at upcoming Degrassi episodes, as they see clips of Jimmy in a wheelchair for the very first time. Join Aubrey as he talks about what it was like prepping for his character's life-changing events.

Friday, June 17, (8:00pm & 10:00pm ET) Melissa McIntyre ("Ashley") - Melissa shows off her fabulous new Toronto apartment and takes viewers along for the ride as she goes antique-ing with her boyfriend. Viewers join Melissa as she goes inside the recording studio to work on the song that "Ashley" and "Craig" perform at the prom in an upcoming new Degrassi episode.

SEASON 4 EPISODES

4.14 Secret Part 1

CTV: November 30th
The-N July 1st

(Credit: Icygrrl02 from FF and Icyblugurl from LJ)

Craig's prejudices about illness; Emma connects with Jay.
Emma discovers the dark secret of what goes on in the van down in the ravine. At the beginning of the episode, Emma's parents, Spike and Snake (Mr. Simpson) wonder if Emma is okay. Ever since the school shooting, Emma hasn't been herself. The problem is, nobody, including Emma, really knows why. And when Emma discovers what it takes to earn a bracelet like Amy has -- oral sex -- she is both shocked and intrigued. For some reason, she decides to go to the ravine, and get into the van with Jay, to "earn" her bracelet. We, like Emma, are left to wonder why she would ever do such a thing.
And when her parents catch her sneaking into her bedroom in the middle of the night, she bursts into tears, telling them that she has been scared, that she can't sleep, ever since the shooting at school. But, after her parents leave and Emma looks, almost proudly, at the bracelet she's earned, the question is: Do you believe her?

4.15 Secret Part 2

CTV: December 7th
The-N July 8th

Emma disrupts the school play; Jimmy breaks out of rehab facility.

Emma quickly discovers that there's more than one way to become afflicted with STDs such as gonorrhea. The day after visiting Jay in the van in the ravine, Emma finds out that oral sex isn't "safe" sex. When Jay's girlfriend Alex is diagnosed with gonorrhea, Emma quickly realizes that her sore throat might be a lot more than just a cold. And, predictably, the word about Emma's condition spreads through the school gossip channels, to the point that her Dracula co-star Nate refuses to kiss her during their performance, afraid he'll get the disease.
Emma blames Jay for giving her a "social disease," despite the fact that Emma freely chose to do what she did with Jay down in the ravine. Jay insists he didn't do anything wrong, and on some level she knows he's right. The virtue Jay sees in her is no longer something she can see in herself. When Jay tells Emma the "real" her wasn't the girl in the ravine, Emma's not so sure.
Finally, Emma decides to face up to the fact that she may have an STD, and tells her parents she needs to go to the clinic to get tested. When Snake realizes what she means by this, he can't look at her in the eyes. Perhaps he wonders where the "real" Emma has gone as well.

4.16 Eye of the Tiger

CTV: December 14th
The-N July 15th

Jimmy returns to school in a wheel chair; Danny's jealous of JT and Liberty.

Jimmy has finally returned to Degrassi after staying in the hospital and the school is glad to have him back, all but one: Spinner. With guilt tearing at his soul, Spinner tries to make it up to Jimmy by helping him with everyday things from getting him water to getting the basketball coach to name the MVP trophy after him. While glad to be back, Jimmy is still dealing with his fate: being confined to a chair for life and knowing Spinner had something to do with setting Rick off doesn't help. Finally Spinner can't take it no more and confesses to Jimmy the reason why Rick came after him; Spinner and Jay made Rick think the paint and feathers incident was Jimmy's idea. Understandibly Jimmy is upset and severes ties with Spinner.

By the next day the whole school has learned the truth and Spinner must walk a mile in Rick's shoes, all his friends stay away, even his girlfriend Manny ignores him. Looking for an escape, Spinner comes across Jay and the two proceed to drink their problems away. Later Spinner crashes a party in Jimmy's honor and proceeds to nearly drive away drunk, until Jimmy and the others stop him. Jimmy lets Spinner know that he is dead to him. Now without friends, Spinner faces the music and confesses to Ms H. about his and Jay's involvement in the paint and feathers incident. Ms.H. is left with no choice and Spinner and Jay are expelled from Degrassi.

Meanwhile JT and Liberty's relationship continues, but its clear that someone named Danny is very jealous, feeling that JT is spending too much time with his sister. So when Liberty askes Danny to watch out for their father while she spends time with JT, Danny doesn't let Mr. Van Zant know and the couple is caught by none other than Liberty and Danny's father. Sending JT away and forbiding them to see each other causes a rift between brother and sister and even results in a fight between JT and Danny at school. However after everything is talked out amoung the Van Zants, JT and Liberty are back and sweeter than ever.

4.17 Queen of Hearts

CTV: January 17th
The-N: July 22nd

Ellie, still adjusting to life without Sean, finds herself going through the gamut. From losing Bueller 'Sean's baby' to having to rely on her mother for rent money, Ellie is stretched thin.Not to mention her mom is back from rehab and wants Ellie to come home. But fortunately she finds a means for comfort by playing cards with her friends. She finds herself enjoying these games until Alex, who seems to be hanging with the group more and more, suggests playing for money.Ellie is unsure at first until she sees it as a way to get rent money without her mothers help. So the games begin and Thursday nights at Ellie's become the place to be for card games, attended also by Marco and Dylan's hockey teamates. As the games go on, the stakes go higher and even Ellie's rent money is brought in. She is ready to back out of it all when Alex pulls out a win, saving the day. After all this, Ellie's feelings of loneliness finally overtake her and she calls her mother, saying that if she promises to stay sober, she will come home.

Meanwhile Paige is still dealing with matters of the heart, namely seeing Mr. O secretly.The two find every opportunity to be together at school, weither in the halls or in the boiler room.But Manny has picked up whats being going on, namely since she has been slowly taking over the spirit squad in Paige's abscence. While sorting through new uniforms,Manny talks to Paige about Mr.O, and raises doubts in Paige's head as to weither there maybe someone else in the picture, as only Manny would know.Also bugging Paige is the fact that Mr.O has never taken her to his place. When she does visit, its a mess, due to another tennant flushing his toliet through his roof. Paige feels more at ease at least for now and the two make up.

4.18 Modern Love

CTV: January 24th
The-N: July 29th

In school, matters of the heart make the most drama and for Paige, its no exception. Her relationship with Matt is still going strong to where they are brave enough to have a picnic in the park, that is until Mr. Simpson nearly discovers everything. Adding to the list of matters is Matt is being evaluated the next day, as part of the student teacher program and he wants all to go well. But fate has other plans, due to Paige skipping out on the spirit squad to hang with Matt and Manny has been slowly taking over,which Hazel doesnt like. When Hazel confronts Manny, Paige's relationship comes up and leaves Hazel upset that Manny supposedly knows more than she does. During part of the evaluation Hazel cant contain herself and reveals Paige and Matt's secret to the whole class. Needless to say, the couple isnt happy and must try to keep things under control.

But thats doesnt last when Paige and Manny cross paths in the hallway,leading to an argument of Paige's lack of involvement in the squad due to her love life and Manny's inability to mind her own buisness and a fight ensues. Matt and Ms. H the principal break things up and Manny narcs the secret further and the lovers are in real hot water. In the office,Hazel apologizes and Marco tries to help calm Paige down, but to no avail when Matt comes out of a conference and Ms. H relays Matt's claims of her stalking him. Confronting him later, Paige agrees to go along to keep him out of trouble. But the next day, Paige puts it all on the line to save Matt, which convinces him to come clean, costing him his future as a teacher, but allowing them to finally be open about their feelings.

In another part of Matt's evaluation, Emma is the focal point, still dealing with her trip to the ravine and having everyone talk about her. She realizes what her friends have gone though before and its getting to her. Manny, trying to patch things up, offers a girls only weekend along with Chante and Darcy, to cheer her up. Spa treatments and tye-dye shirts are on the schedual and its fun for all until Emma's new neighbor, Chester, Manny's former flirtation along with his brothers set out to ruin the girl's fun.All but Emma try to play along but it doesnt work. Wanting some revenge, the girls teach the guys a lesson in creative decorating, decorating the trees with femenine products. But before they finish, the cops show up. Emma gets off with a warning,but gains an ally in Chester.

4.19 Moonlight Desires

CTV: January 31th
The-N: August 5th

A- plot

There's a blood drive, and Marco is denied the ability to donate blood because he answered yes to the question of whether he's had sex with another male. With a push from Alex, Marco seizes Caitlin, who's filming a story on the blood drive, as a soap box. They confront the nurse, who says Marco was turned away because of an increased risk within the gay community of HIV infection. Ms. H steps in and asks if Marco might want to spend the rest of the day at home. Later, Marco heads to Dylan's dorm, where he catches Dylan making out with another guy. When Dylan catches up to Marco, he tells him that he wants to open up their relationship a little bit. Later, we see Marco, Ellie, Craig and Alex again talking about what a jerk Dylan is. Well, Craig wonders aloud if it's just different for guys in University. Marco decides he wants to fix the relationship, rather than give up on it, so he and Craig decide to go to his dorm party that night. Marco grabs Dylan to watch the story that Caitlin does on the blood drive, but there's nothing about him being denied the ability to donate in the piece. Eric, the guy who Marco caught kissing Dylan, comes into Dylan's room about something in the party happening. Marco tells Dylan to go, that he'll be fine. Marco is back at the dorm party and sees a guy and starts flirting with him, catching the attention of Dylan, who's standing with Eric and others in another section of the room. Marco arranges to meet up with the guy he's flirting with in a few minutes after said guy cleans his room up a little bit. Marco's too nervous to go and Craig finds him sitting on a stairwell. Later, Marco turns to see Dylan standing at the top of the stairwell and he feeks and grabs Craig and kisses him on the lips. Later, Marco goes to Dylan's room and Dylan asks him what the kiss to Craig was about. After Marco tells him it was to smack some sense into Dylan, Dylan reminds him that it was Craig that he kissed. Marco tells Dylan that he doesn't want him to see other people. Dylan tells him that it doesn't change how he feels about Marco, but his freedom is important now. Marco then breaks up with him. Later we see Marco at Caitlin's studio. He asks her about the story she did at the blood drive and she says that some people she works for would rather bury it. Caitlin then goes on a little rant about how she's sick of seeing AIDS being viewed as a homosexual disease. Marco asks if there's anything he can do? She then asks him if he's interested in possibly spending some time in the summer in Africa or the Craribbean to help educate on AIDS awareness. She asks if he has any plans for the summer? He tells her he did, but plans change.

B- plot

We first see Spin running around The Dot dealing with a very demanding customer. Jay is also there, drinking coffee and clearly amused at Spinner's
predicament. We later see Spinner walk into Ms. H's office asking for a second chance. He tells her that he's been keeping up in his textbooks. She offers him summer school- take it or leave it. He mentions that it's only two credits and it will still leave him behind, which isn't fair. She tells him that what happened to Rick because of his bullying isn't fair. Spinner begs to come back to school. She tells him no. He storms off. Outside the school Spinner discovers Jay trying to steal a bike- his bike. Jay tells him that his problem is that he keeps letting them get to you, it's about time that he got to them. Spinner then brings up the notion of stealing, which brings a wide grin across Jay's face. Later that evening, we see the two of them shooting layups at opposite ends of the gym- Jay is doing it with toilet paper rolls. Later in the cafe, Jay raids the snack counter while Spin builds a sculpture with chairs. We then see Jay cross off the Hat in Hatzilakos's name on the door to her office and replace it with "God." We later see the two of them in the MI lab scouting for loot. Spin spots a box with yearbooks in it. 'Degrassi: A year of memories.' He starts flipping through it. Jay also grabs one. Spin stops at a page featuring the picture of him and Manny at the car wash. He then sees a picture of Downtown Sasquatch playing, but the picture that really gets to him is a "Friends Forever" collage featuring Craig, Jimmy, Hazel, Paige, Marco and him. All while Spinner is looking at the year, Jay is looking at his copy wondering how small his picture is going to be. He then asks if maybe he should sign them all- 'Have a great summer- Jay Hogart.' Spinner freaks and tears the yearbook in two. He then tells Jay to follow him and grab some more yearbooks. We then see Spin carrying a clear bottle of liquid, which turns out to be lighter fluid, which he poors on a pile of the books. Spin then pulls a lighter from his pocket and flicks the light. Jay tells him that if he lights that fire the whole place is going to burn down. Spinner ignores him and flicks the light again. Jay tells him to put the toy away. Spin is surprised that Jay's trying to stop him, which Jay does admit is ironic. He than whacks the lighter out of Spinner's hand and it files across the room, a safe distance away. Spin tries to go after the lighter and the two of them fight a little bit. Spinner yells that he wants all those who want him gone to suffer. After they fight awhile, Spin breaks down and says he wants 'em back. As he friend substitute (Jay's words), Jay tells him that doing that isn't going to make him feel any better while he's in jail. Jay then helps Spinner up and Spin says they've got things to fix. The next school day, Spin is back in Ms. H's office and asks about the summer school again. She mentions that he already declined it. He then asks what if he takes it by correspondence or at another school. Impress me, she says. He tells her that there's two things he wants- to finish school and his friends back. She then pulls out forms and the summer schedule- a.k.a. his chance.

4.20 West End Girls

CTV: January 31st
The-N: August 12th

The Rivalry between Paige and Manny over, among other things, the leadership of the Spirit Squad, causes a war of attrition that leaves Paige hobbled and Manny humiliated.

For a span of time covering several episodes, Manny and Paige have been stepping on each other's toes, as though one school isn't big enough for Alpha-female Paige and her emerging rival Manny. Paige blames Manny for getting her boyfriend/teaching assistant Matt fired from his job. Meanwhile, Manny accuses Paige of abandoning the Spirit Squad and she belittles Paige's choreography. Initially, Manny wants to bury the hatchet, to declare a ceasefire with Paige, but when Paige gets sight of the dress Manny wants to buy for the prom -- the same one that Paige likes! -- the game is on. A series of tit-for-tat squabbles escalates to the point where Manny convinces the Spirit Squad to drop Paige from the top of the human pyramid, and Paige, in retaliation, tears Manny's dress off when she is declared Prom Queen, in front of the whole school. It seems there may be no end to the Manny/Paige rivalry, until Hazel steps in. When Hazel accuses Paige of "always being more horrible," something clicks for Paige. Finally, after the prom Paige and Manny talk to each other in the washroom and declare some kind of truce. Whether it will hold is anyone's guess.

4.21 Going Down The Road Part Part 1

CTV: February 7th
The-N: August 19th

Life is anything but normal in the school corridors with the arrival of Kevin Smith and his crew, who are using the school as the backdrop for their new movie. Lucky for Craig, Mr. Smith is looking for a real high school kid to come up with some music for the film. Craig and Ashley get down to work, despite the fact that Ashley cannot be convinced to abandon her plans to take a summer job in England, far away from Craig. So, if Ashley won't stay, Craig decides to go with her. At first, Craig has trouble convincing Joey that his bipolar disorder is under control enough to go away for the summer, but later, to his surprise, Joey hands him a plane ticket.
Craig goes to break the good news to Ashley that he's coming with her. But Ashley doesn't take the news the way he'd hoped. In fact, Ashley doesn't want Craig to come. She wants to be away from Craig, since she's always worrying about his mental health. Craig is crushed. Later, he throws his medication into the garbage, and as the taxi arrives to take him to the airport, he tells the driver there's been a change of plans. It looks like Craig could be in trouble again...

4.22 Going Down The Road Part Part 2

CTV: February 14th
The-N: August 26th

Both Craig and his stepfather Joey lose the loves of their lives. Ashley leaves Craig and heads off to England because she can't handle the uncertainty of his mental condition. Meanwhile, taking Kevin Smith's advice, Caitlin leaves Joey (after proposing marriage to him) and heads to Los Angeles to pursue her career ambitions, after realizing that all she and Joey ever do is fight. The fourth season of Degrassi: TNG ends with Joey and Craig forced to accept the devastating fact that the women they love may be gone forever.

Official Degrassi Sites

Official site for the Degrassi series
Degrassi at The N
Degrassi On CTV

Luke and Noah on as the world turns -best.couple.ever

Icon by morningglory___ from LJ

Last edited by icygrrl02; 05-24-2005 at 06:50 PM
Old 05-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Relax is by far the worst eppy in DTNG history and HfT is #2 they were borefests and the whole entire season 1 was kinda corny now that I look back at it (and lame)
Old 05-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

new thread, w00t w00t!

i didnt think relax was as bad as people made it out to be, but i thought HFT and FFYR were the worst. in the end, i realize that season 2 WAS the best seaosn, it was the most consistently good, season 3 sparked most of my favorite episodes(AAO, Holiday, Pride, GG, RnRH, SISOSIG, TCM) but season 2 was the most consistently good, cuz the second half of seaosn 3 sorta had a drop although it was still good. DDIO is now becoming one of my favs just because its soooo funny.

Stefan&Katherine

Last edited by LotusRises; 05-05-2005 at 05:31 PM
Old 05-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, I thought season one was pretty good. I liked how all the kids were usually in all the episodes. I know they do that sometimes now with the season finale.

Thanks for the start, icy!! Would you mind telling me who the couple is in your avi? They look familiar.

icon
Old 05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Here's a picture of Christina with her well deserved award.

Old 05-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I think I'm going to not mention whether or not I think she deserved it and instead comment on the fact that she looks gorgeous. OOO, and that is a pretty dress.

Season 2 is my personal favorite... Though it did have some less than stellar episodes all of the seasons do. I think season 1 is overlooked, though. Season 1 had some really good episodes. Plus, considering they WERE in junior high, the content of the episodes made sense. They still tackled some really interesting issues. Like getting your first period... And Jagged Little Pill and Under Pressure were both very well done episodes. Plus it had Ashley/Jimmy, which were a cute take on puppy love. I don't know, I think the first season of most shows are a little up and down but Degrassi's was better than average.

-Eva

icon
Old 05-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry

Thanks for the start, icy!! Would you mind telling me who the couple is in your avi? They look familiar.
Sure thing! It's Marshall and Corrine from Strange Days at Blake Holsey High. I have a huge ship for them and Noah is so...yea you get the idea

Whoa, Christina looks good in a dress. Much better than I ever would.

Luke and Noah on as the world turns -best.couple.ever

Icon by morningglory___ from LJ
Old 05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

she looks pretty. i like her brunette look as opposed to the bottled blond thing she was going for before.

if she got the award for NGGYU i honestly wouldnt be that upset because unlike most i didnt think her acting was that bad in NGGYU, but for DDIO...why did she win?

Stefan&Katherine
Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I dont really care that Christina won, its just that she won for Degrassi which makes it awesome. She looks pretty, I like her hair.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I like all the seasons for different reasons. The first is a little rough around the edges, but there's a sweetness to those episodes and it introduces us to the characters. The second starts to explore more characters and more situations (if you want to complain about characters dominating, none did so more than Emma and Ash did in S1). The third and fourth saw these kids mature (both as characters and as actors) and with that, the storylines became even more gripping. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the fourth, because I think top to bottom that's the best set of episodes imo. But, I like them all.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:24 PM
New Fan

I think that Season one was awesome! I think that alot of Degrassi's charm comes from the cheesey moments. The reason i like degrassi is because it's not over produced and super comercial like The OC or any of those WB shows. I'll admit though, in the last season i sort of missed the instrumental version of the theme song chiming in throughout the episode in variations to suit the mood.

Another speculation... has anyone thought about the possibility of Jimmy going in to physical therapy or rehab to be able to walk again? i wonder if that's a possibility this season or not?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Wasn't Christina the only actor from Degrassi that won? For that, I will never understand for the life of me.

Season 2 is my favorite season too, just because they did a really did a good job on focusing on a variety of characters. Like, JT didn't get an episode dedicated to him, but he was in some really good subplots that totally fir the character

Sean loves Emma
Eman[n]: Faith - Cuz I got it!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Christina looks gorgeous. I love her dress- and I agree with Cranny that she looks better brunette.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I too love Season 2. To me it was the best season. All the kids got their fair share of episodes and no one dominated, plus issues still got handled and there weren't like 20 billion issues being tackled at once.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hated season one. it was lucky i started watchiing in season 2 and caught the first season on cable cause i wouldn't of kept watching. thats just me though

I'm not heartless I just lack sympathy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread