Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2015, 07:33 AM
MST Manager

Yeah, we shall see.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No news yet, but maybe the new year will bring some...news.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Julie Plec Is Not Afraid of Containment's Syrian Controversy - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Quote:
Julie Plec Is Not Afraid of Containment's Syrian Controversy

Julie Plec's upcoming thriller Containment kicks off when a Syrian refugee Sayid Nassir (Ronny Mathew) arrives in an Atlanta hospital with severe cold symptoms. Within hours he's designated as Patient Zero of a global pandemic that kills its victims within 48 hours. Sayid's country of origin makes whispers of bioterrorism and Islamaphobia spread as quickly as the pathogens.

Containment is based on a Belgian show, so Plec made certain casting changes to reflect the diversity of its new Atlanta setting. She also changed the ethnicity of Patient Zero from Afghan to Syrian, anticipating that Syria would continue to dominate world headlines. She's not afraid of the potential for controversy. "I don't think that it is actually controversial," Plec said. "It's more of a mystery. It's more as we as Americans are quick to jump to conclusions and play on fears before we have all of the information," she said at the Television Critics Association winter previews.

The characters will reflect that need for immediate answers, as well as the search to find the truth. "There's a lot of finger-pointing that starts happening about where it came from and why it has arrived. It's not just that someone points a finger, but there are voices of reason on the show," says Chris Wood, who plays Officer Jake Riley, the cop forced to take control of a quarantined area of the city once he's trapped inside. "If anything, there are more people asking the questions and trying to solve the puzzle of why and how is this here."

Plec is adamant that the characters will be involved and react to situations that feel organic to the show rather than using newsbait to draw an audience. "It's funny that it wasn't a cultural conversation at all when I started writing it. Right around the time I was finishing my first draft the Ebola thing happened and it was exactly the conversation," Plec said. "You feel this obligation to not aggrandize it and to not exploit it otherwise you feel icky "ripped from the headlines."

Containment premieres later in 2016 on The CW.

The CW's Containment Plays Like Horror Show with Virus as the Monster - IGN
Quote:
THE CW'S CONTAINMENT PLAYS LIKE HORROR SHOW WITH VIRUS AS THE MONSTER

The CW's intense new series, Containment - premiering midseason (TBA) - takes a hard look at what would happen if a viral outbreak occurred in a major U.S. city. How families, friends, loved ones, separated inside and outside the quarantine, would all deal, how their lives how everyone’s lives would change after what feels like a potentially very real catastrophe.

Created by Vampire Diaries and Originals EP Julie Plec, and based on the Belgian series Cordon, Containment is designed to be a a horror show "where the monster is a virus," Plec said when she, along with the cast and executive producers Matt Corman and Chris Ord, appeared at the TCA Winter Press Tour to chat about the show with TV critics. And to discuss the legitimacy of the procedures depicted in this nail-biter of a series.

"We worked really hard to be grounded," Ord said. "We had a representative from the CDC helping us - you know - who we could send scripts to and say, 'No, this would happen or not happen.' And so, by putting in those rules essentially to try and be grounded, it brings everything down to this level where you don’t have to rely on supernatural elements or anything like that."

"We had a myriad of people who did our research for us," Plec added. "We had somebody at the CDC who was willing to speak to us and read every script."

Take a look at the trailer for Containment...

"In addition to consulting with the CDC," Plec continued, "we talked to the Georgia Department of Public Health. We were schooled very quickly in the hierarchy of how things need to happen, that it begins at a local level before it becomes the state, that the CDC doesn’t immediately come in. They come in later to take jurisdiction. There’s a lot of ways to ruffle feathers and to get people very upset if you make assumptions. I said, 'Well, when does the World Health Organization come in?' They were, like, 'That’s the worst question you could have ever asked us. We are offended deeply.' So it’s a whole world of politics and hierarchy, but it’s fascinating. And we made sure that, when we talked to people, we would say, 'Would this happen this way?' And either they’d say, 'Absolutely, that’s how it would happen,' or they’d say, 'Not specifically, but we accept it,' you know. So we were pretty diligent about that."

In the midst of all this chaos, naturally, rests a very human drama. Which is what Plec really likes to get into. "The stuff I like to do is always grounded in really simple but honest and deep themes of love and family and friendship," she said, "and to be able to drop that into an environment that’s extremely chaotic and terrifying, it’s just it’s a different way of exploring a genre, frankly."

As far as what Season 1 holds for us, in its entirety? Plec stated "The mystery behind the outbreak, the origins of the outbreak, the patients the background of Patient Zero, the story surrounding that, the involvement of the Middle East in any capacity, and how quick we are as Americans to jump to those conclusions is all part of the story over the thirteen episodes."
Old 01-30-2016, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-30-2016, 10:07 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the links.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome
Old 02-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Containment, which tells the story of a deadly epidemic that breaks out in Atlanta, will premiere on Tuesday, April 19 at 9 p.m. ET, taking over iZombie’s timeslot following The Flash. x
Two months to go...
Old 03-24-2016, 02:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Thought I'd share not long to go now!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 03-27-2016, 07:03 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the videos.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Thought I'd share not long to go now!! <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvu8nz7Eyzs">YouTube Link</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdXaYZh7ZT8">YouTube Link</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7oPFi5R3Q">YouTube Link</a>
Thanks for sharing!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Christine!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

To be honest I'm just so glad Trevor St. John's fine ass is finally back on a TV show. I've missed him. So he's really the only reason I'll watch this show lol.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks

Its so nice to be getting more and more goodies...

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Closed Thread   Post New Thread