Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUsedToMajorInLatin (View Post)
uh it's not about going back to the same plotting

all i meant was back then there weren't a ton of plots that either felt forced/contrived or things that just made no sense- like i said you get more of that now

it doesn't bother me because like i said i love the show for things that they're bringing each week

but i can totally see how someone can see the quality of writing/plotting/everything that season 2 had, and compare that to the slight dip that's been the last 2 seasons and wonder what happened
The show was more contrived during season 2 than season 4. Everything was painfully obvious, outside of maybe four episodes (most of them at the end). It is how I ended up in the spoiler game for this show. I was so darn accurate about my guesses that people who were insiders figured I was one and welcomed me in with open arms.

Season 4 has had far less accurate guesses from the peanut gallery than season 3, at least from my perspective.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:28 AM
New Fan

my current spec is chuck will not ask sarah to marry him in 4x13, or in any episode after 4x13 either
Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckfan75 (View Post)
my current spec is chuck will not ask sarah to marry him in 4x13, or in any episode after 4x13 either
you don't think he's ever going to propose? After all the build up, if it doesn't happen I'm pretty sure the fandom will explode.

I just want you
Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You are obviously reading the comments section of my blog.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRazorback (View Post)
You are obviously reading the comments section of my blog.
Your blogs great and all, but I rarely go there anymore because its the same people saying the same crap week after week. You making fun of the crazies is great and all, but it gets boring after a while. Although its funny when you go ape***** on someone.

As far as that person reading you blog to get that info, I take offense to that because any fan with half a brain will figure out the same thing if they read the synopsis to 4.14.... It doesnt take "Super Secret Fake Insider" info to come to that conclusion.

I agree with the whoever was talking about season 2. It was much more wittty, way better music, better writing. First Date, Seduction, Tom Sawyer, Cougars, Fat Lady, Delorian ( Do Za typy type )... Then it just got downright freaking awesome later in the season.

Love Chuck and Sarah and am a shipper, but they have focused on Chuck and Sarah too much this season. It would be much better if the show was mission centric and their devoted romance was a second layer to that. Not enough Awesome and Ellie, Not enough Casey.... far too much Morgan cheesiness.

I'll say it and I dont care what anyone else thinks, No one will be as good as Fulcrum EVER. They were the best hands down. That is what the show is lacking. Every year TPTB say the baddies will just get better, but they have gotten worse. Alexi Volkoff is a bafoon.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont_freak_out (View Post)
you don't think he's ever going to propose? After all the build up, if it doesn't happen I'm pretty sure the fandom will explode.
He asked her already, would you not think she felt that was the perfect moment on the balcony? She may end the episode with one of her best lines ever from the other guy, by turning to chuck and saying 'yes', the entire proposal hoopla ends with a 3 letter word? Although, I would rather the dialog go, 'yes, yes chuck I will marry you, yes' - but that is just me.

DR - My post here was more to bring up debate or a POV, it is possible for no proposal & yet have a very satisfying ending to 4x13, which could include engagement.

The theory that 'yes' would end 4x13 with no additional prompting from chuck, has been bandied about the Internet this week on several forums, NBC, chuck this, and yours .... I don't ever visit the site you don't like, so I wouldn't know what they are saying. Funny, I feel very welcome posting on your site & tend to agree with much of what you say, even though I am a huge shipper .... but your site is not the site I would go to to stir up a debate, that is strictly your dominion there as far as I can tell - hence my post here, am I wrong?

Last edited by chuckfan75; 01-31-2011 at 05:48 AM
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
He asked her already, would you not think she felt that was the perfect moment on the balcony? She may end the episode with one of her best lines ever from the other guy, by turning to chuck and saying 'yes', the entire proposal hoopla ends with a 3 letter word? Although, I would rather the dialog go, 'yes, yes chuck I will marry you, yes' - but that is just me.

DR - My post here was more to bring up debate or a POV, it is possible for no proposal & yet have a very satisfying ending to 4x13, which could include engagement.

The theory that 'yes' would end 4x13 with no additional prompting from chuck, has been bandied about the Internet this week on several forums, NBC, chuck this, and yours .... I don't ever visit the site you don't like, so I wouldn't know what they are saying. Funny, I feel very welcome posting on your site & tend to agree with much of what you say, even though I am a huge shipper .... but your site is not the site I would go to to stir up a debate, that is strictly your dominion there as far as I can tell - hence my post here, am I wrong?
if sarah was to say something like that, it would be kinda reminiscent of her saying 'i wanna marry you' to him in 4.09 though wouldn't it? and noone counted that as an engagement cause he never got to ask her... even though they've established that they both want to get married, I think they still both want the experience of him asking her and her getting to say yes. I don't think Sarah would rob him of that. Unless they turn it into a Mondler scenario and she tries to ask him, but that doesn't seem likely.

but whatever way the writers do it, i'm sure it will be totally awesome <3 this seasons already rocked so I have faith it'll keep doing that

I just want you
Old 01-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I am excited for tonight and back 11. Really enjoyed Zac's TVline interview it was spoilery but vague at the same time.

http://m.tvline.com/2011/01/video-za...wedding-sings/

Also what the Frak is wrong with this site. It seems like it is down alot?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

although i think the proposal does happens tonite, i wouldn't mind if it didn't, CS angst is good television.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

In regards to how the eventual engagement may go down (whenever it happens), I think the lead-in words Chuck said in "Balcony" up until they were interupted were so perfect, I can't see them trying to top it with another different big lead-in speech. He doesn't have to repeat himself. I think it can be short and simple this time, yet still be sweet.

Maybe it's just her saying "yes", as others have speculated. Maybe they don't have to say anything and actions will speak louder than words.

But, they certainly DON'T have to make it as elaborate as in Balcony, IMO.

(EDITED TO ADD "DON'T". THAT WAS A BIG TYPO ON MY PART)

Last edited by MediaSavant; 01-31-2011 at 01:05 PM
Old 01-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC311 (View Post)
Your blogs great and all, but I rarely go there anymore because its the same people saying the same crap week after week. You making fun of the crazies is great and all, but it gets boring after a while. Although its funny when you go ape***** on someone.

As far as that person reading you blog to get that info, I take offense to that because any fan with half a brain will figure out the same thing if they read the synopsis to 4.14.... It doesnt take "Super Secret Fake Insider" info to come to that conclusion.
Really? Please tell me how you would figure that out via the 4.14 synopsis.

You couldn't since it doesn't mention it. And why would you take offense anyway? YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT I QUOTED.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't have a problem with you or anyone else bringing it up anywhere else. I just think it is funny when people aren't anywhere near a certain thought process until I bring it up and then they run with it like it was their idea all along (not directed at YOU).
Old 01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRazorback (View Post)
Really? Please tell me how you would figure that out via the 4.14 synopsis.

You couldn't since it doesn't mention it. And why would you take offense anyway? YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT I QUOTED.

Quote:
THE TEAM JETS TO MOROCCO TO SAVE ONE OF THEIR OWN — JOHN LARROQUETTE RETURNS AS ‘ROAN MONTGOMERY’ — LINDA HAMILTON AND MEKENNA MELVIN ALSO GUEST STAR — In need of an exciting new mission, Chuck (Zachary Levi), Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) and Casey (Adam Baldwin) are sent to Morocco to rescue Roan Montgomery (guest star John Larroquette). Meanwhile, Chuck and Sarah are at odds over their future plans. Back at home, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) prepares to meet Alex’s (guest star Mekenna Melvin) mom, as Mary (guest star Linda Hamilton) bonds with her family. Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin and Bonita Friedericy also star.
Ummm... Chuck is having second thoughts after seeing Sarah throw Casey off a building perhaps? Insert common sense here.

I guess what I meant by taking offense is that there are a lot of folks in the chuck fandom and not everyone that speculates and gets stuff right about the show, reads your blog. Your a big deal and all Dr, but I dont want you to get too big for you britches
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC311 (View Post)
Ummm... Chuck is having second thoughts after seeing Sarah throw Casey off a building perhaps? Insert common sence here.
That has NOTHING to do with what you quoted and then flipped out at me over. We were talking about 4.13, not 4.14.

FYI, Chuck is not having second thoughts about Sarah. And he isn't having second thoughts because of Casey.

So, your "common sense" is wrong.

And while I am at it... Sarah is not going to ask Chuck to marry her... and she is not going to just blurt out "yes" either.

Common sense 0. Me, 112.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Passionate Fan

I hadn´t thought about her just saying 'yes' to the aborted proposal and I hadn´t read it anywhere, but I´d be okay with that.

The other most likely possibility for your teaser, that Chuck won´t call her any name in a coming proposal, is her proposing to him, I guess. And I am not really a fan of that. Although if it is done right, it could be fitting.

ETA: I guess you ruled out both. I think that´s great, because I´d really like Chuck to propose again or be surprised by some completely different scenario.

I have been thinking, that it´s possible the original 13 episode arc could have been Chuck´s proposal in 4.11 being accepted before Sarah had to go undercover and 4.13 ending with a Chuck/Sarah wedding. I am pretty sure there won´t be a wedding in 4.13 now, but the proposal may still happen. I think that would fit with your spoilers about the proposal being delayed and the 4.13 ending being changed in regards to Chuck/Sarah. That´s just a feeling, which I think comes from all the teasers, including the early ones given out before the extra eps were announced, on your blog.

Regardless, considering Alan Sepinwall´s tweet, I can´t really imagine Chuck and Sarah ending tonight´s ep on a bad note, even if there is no engagement. It would be hard to imagine him calling it a good possible series finale, if those two end the episode on a bad note.

Chuck & Sarah
Closed Thread   Post New Thread