Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chuck S&S #100: 100 threads of freak outs over little things...

+ e p i s o d e
d e s c r i p t i o n s

4.12 <
Chuck vs. The Gobbler

[Airing: January 24th, 2011]

Written by:
Directed by:

Promo:

Promo 2:

SARAH EMBARKS ON A MISSION THAT COULD BE HER LAST – MEKENNA MELVIN, LINDA HAMILTON AND TIMOTHY DALTON GUEST STAR – Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) takes dangerous measures to help Mary Bartowski (guest star Linda Hamilton) bring down Alexei Volkoff (Timothy Dalton), as Chuck (Zachary Levi) worries that she may be getting in too deep. Sarah, though, must enlist the help of Chuck, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) and Casey (Adam Baldwin) to complete her undercover mission. Meanwhile, Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) and Awesome (Ryan McPartlin) are at odds over what to name the baby. Scott Krinsky, Vik Sahay and Mark Christopher Lawrence also star.

other:

+ Some BTS pics: 1, 2, 3, 4.
+Another one with Casey and Morgan as prison guards. Tweeted by Josh Gomez.
+More BTS pictures.
+Imdb reveals the Gobbler as Yuri, the Gobbler. Played by the same actor, who was a bodyguard to La Ciudad in Chuck vs. the Tango (1.03), however he is supposed to be a different Yuri this time around.

4.13 <
Chuck vs. The Push Mix

[Airing: January 31th, 2011]

Written by: Rafe Judkins and Lauren LeFranc
Directed by: Peter Lauer

THE MISSION TO TAKE DOWN VOLKOFF REACHES A DANGEROUS NEW LEVEL, WHILE BIG CHANGES LOOM AT HOME — MEKENNA MELVIN, LINDA HAMILTON AND TIMOTHY DALTON GUEST STAR — As Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) works to free Chuck’s mom (guest star Linda Hamilton), Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Morgan (Joshua Gomez) embark on their own mission to take down Alexei Volkoff (guest star Timothy Dalton). Meanwhile, Casey (Adam Baldwin) bonds with his daughter, Alex (guest star Mekenna Melvin), while Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) tries to ease Awesome’s (Ryan McPartlin) anxieties over fatherhood. Bonita Friedericy, Scott Krinsky and Vik Sahay also star.

other:

+
+

4.14 <
Chuck vs. The Seduction Impossible

[Airing: February 7th, 2011]

Written by:
Directed by:

THE TEAM JETS TO MOROCCO TO SAVE ONE OF THEIR OWN — JOHN LARROQUETTE RETURNS AS ‘ROAN MONTGOMERY’ — LINDA HAMILTON AND MEKENNA MELVIN ALSO GUEST STAR — In need of an exciting new mission, Chuck (Zachary Levi), Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) and Casey (Adam Baldwin) are sent to Morocco to rescue Roan Montgomery (guest star John Larroquette). Meanwhile, Chuck and Sarah are at odds over their future plans. Back at home, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) prepares to meet Alex’s (guest star Mekenna Melvin) mom, as Mary (guest star Linda Hamilton) bonds with her family. Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin and Bonita Friedericy also star

other:

+ Roan will be back!! Source
+

4.15 <
Chuck vs. The Cat Squad

[Airing: 2011]

Written by:
Directed by:

(description unavailable)

other:

+ Carina will be back!! Source
+Casting Call

4.16 <
Chuck vs. The Masquerade

Written by:
Directed by:

other:

+ Apparently this is the episode in which "Vivian" first appears.
+ According to some tweets there will be a masquerade ball in England. Matt Mitovich posted a pic of Yvonne here.

4.17 <
Chuck vs. The First Bank of Evil

Written by:
Directed by:

other:

+
+

+ g e n e r a l
s p o i l e r s

+ Mekenna Melvin (Alex) back as a recurring guest star. (source)
+ It's all about family this season. The fun of the season is the search for mom. Chuck has this mission from his father: He has to find his mother. That is the heart of this season. (source)
+ Find BTS photos and videos from there cast & crew here.
+ Yvonne says of Chuck and Sarah: "They're together now. It gets very couple-y. We're sort of finding our couple feet and the story is going to take us into finding Chuck's mother." (source)
+ “[Awesome] is going to be way more into all of the rituals of pregnancy than even Ellie is,” says fellow EP Josh Schwartz of the daddy-to-be. “Like all things in life, Awesome is going to throw himself into the pregnancy with his usual fervor.” (source)
+ The Orange Orange is no more. (Week of September 17/24 issue of EW)
+ The new big bad of the season is Alexi Volkoff (of Volkoff Industries), a Howard Hughes-type Russian oligarch who is big in the arms trade and very, very evil. (TV Guide)
+ Zac Levi will direct again this season. (source)
+ A new (09/14) interview with Chris Fedak and Joshua Gomez here.
+ New (9/17) previews & interviews with the cast & producers here and here.
+ An upcoming episode will be set in Thailand. (source)
+ CS split up. No Sarah/Ellie bonding and more. source
+ More about the split up. Intersect problems reappearing. Cliffhanger ending for 4.06 and more. source
+ Somebody is going to stripper school or at least there is casting for a pole-dancing class instructor. source
+ Dalton´s character, Tuttle not a field agent. Baby Awesome most likely born by episode 13. source
+ Chuckgasmic End of October spoilers. source
+ Chuckgasmic November spoilers. source
+ Chris Fedak interview mostly about the back 11
+ Chuckgasmic December spoilers.
+ Latest Dear DR
+ Firewall & Iceberg Podcast, episode 55: Press tour, Big Love and Chuck creators Josh Schwartz & Chris Fedak - HitFix.com
+ Zac on the upcoming proposal. Source.
+ Lauren Cohan and Robin Givens join the cast. Source.
+ EW spoiler room with Chris Fedak.

+ Chuck gets 11 more episodes! source

+ g u e s t
s t a r s

John Laquorette will return as Roan Montgomery. Source

Leslie Ann-Brandt will also star. Source

Mini Anden will return as Carina. Source

Robin Givens will first appear as Vivian, a beautiful, charming and sophisticated socialite who is currently enrolled at Oxford studying history. She is the daughter of a criminal mastermind. Source.

+ p r o m o s

Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Looks like ChuckTV hired the wrong freelance writer to do reviews. IMO this is right up there with AV club. Josie is mean spirited in many of her reviews.
Review: Chuck versus the Gobbler | ChuckTV.net : The fansite for the NBC series, Chuck
Old 01-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckrocks (View Post)
Looks like ChuckTV hired the wrong freelance writer to do reviews. IMO this is right up there with AV club. Josie is mean spirited in many of her reviews.
Review: Chuck versus the Gobbler | ChuckTV.net : The fansite for the NBC series, Chuck
Well it does not look like Josie is much of a Chuck fan. However, I have to question whether she was watching the same episode as I was. Very early on Chuck states that Sarah was gone for weeks not days. Also, why would she not rely on the people she trusts the most? HEY JOSIE, in case you have not heard she is supposed to have gone rogue, that is why you would only trust the people that know you are just pretending.

Now I know why Josie has memorized her address book so well, she only has one number and it is the unemployment department. Can you hear them calling you Josie?
Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESRK (View Post)
Well it does not look like Josie is much of a Chuck fan. However, I have to question whether she was watching the same episode as I was. Very early on Chuck states that Sarah was gone for weeks not days. Also, why would she not rely on the people she trusts the most? HEY JOSIE, in case you have not heard she is supposed to have gone rogue, that is why you would only trust the people that know you are just pretending.

Now I know why Josie has memorized her address book so well, she only has one number and it is the unemployment department. Can you hear them calling you Josie?
This is a common issue that I have addressed on my podcast many times in the past year. Critics who DON'T PAY ATTENTION to the episode before they write their reviews.

Many of the problems these critics have with the episodes are easily explained had they just paid attention. But then the same could be said for the people who run to the Internet to complain about an episode and then spread misinformation based on their own inability to pay attention.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

I agree totally with you both. And even though you tell them ( and this includes people I've talked to elsewhere ) what actually happened they'll just say, "Well fine, but HERE is something else they did wrong."

They also don't seem to understand that season 2 is season 2, and season 4 is season 4. If I see another "The good old days" or "SEASON 2 COME BACK TO ME" I might snap. I mean, it's okay that season 2 is your favourite, but if you miss it/want it back, then go watch it jfc.

/rant.

Tftnt, btw! Great way to celebrate thread #100, heh.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomySnap (View Post)
I agree totally with you both. And even though you tell them ( and this includes people I've talked to elsewhere ) what actually happened they'll just say, "Well fine, but HERE is something else they did wrong."

They also don't seem to understand that season 2 is season 2, and season 4 is season 4. If I see another "The good old days" or "SEASON 2 COME BACK TO ME" I might snap. I mean, it's okay that season 2 is your favourite, but if you miss it/want it back, then go watch it jfc.

/rant.

Tftnt, btw! Great way to celebrate thread #100, heh.
Yep... once someone finds something wrong, they will defend their dislike for the episode EVEN IF you prove to them the thing they said made them dislike the episode, didn't happen the way they thought it happened.

So, they just have to find something else. This is why I always say "don't draw lines in the sand for yourself." It takes a very strong person to admit they were wrong and be willing to take back an opinion.

Being able to admit you are wrong and correcting your point of view isn't a strength of most critics.... or Internet forum posters.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Extreme Fan

She said she didn't laugh once but then said that part was funny. Make up your mind. But it was the comment about it not being the best show on Monday night. Why say that? How is that relevant to the episode.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
She said she didn't laugh once but then said that part was funny. Make up your mind. But it was the comment about it not being the best show on Monday night. Why say that? How is that relevant to the episode.
It is just mocking the audience. I bet she is someone who reviews episodes for one of Mel's other 20 TV show sites (I am not sure if that number is 20, mind you, I have no clue).
Old 01-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah she reviews other stuff. She is mocking the fans and the show. Great choice Mel. I would comment but Mel blocked me from the site. Lol
Old 01-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah she reviews other stuff. She is mocking the fans and the show. Great choice Mel. I would comment but Mel blocked me from the site. Lol
You should thank her for that.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:22 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomySnap (View Post)

i don't think this is a totally unreasonable complaint

i loved chuck during s1 almost irrationally and i loved it for what it was, but s2 just completely destroyed it and raised the bar completely. some people thought it was the best show on tv at the time especially the last half of s2

so i think it's ok for some people to watch a show that they love flounder a bit and see all this writing/plotting and know how good it can be when it's at its best and wonder if they'll ever bring it back to that

not for me personally bc i think the best is the best for a reason, it stands out and it's tough to replicate, and i would be thrilled if they somehow were able to bring it back to that level

it was just an awesome span of episodes when they seemed to be firing on every cylinder
Old 01-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUsedToMajorInLatin (View Post)
i don't think this is a totally unreasonable complaint

i loved chuck during s1 almost irrationally and i loved it for what it was, but s2 just completely destroyed it and raised the bar completely. some people thought it was the best show on tv at the time especially the last half of s2

so i think it's ok for some people to watch a show that they love flounder a bit and see all this writing/plotting and know how good it can be when it's at its best and wonder if they'll ever bring it back to that

not for me personally bc i think the best is the best for a reason, it stands out and it's tough to replicate, and i would be thrilled if they somehow were able to bring it back to that level

it was just an awesome span of episodes when they seemed to be firing on every cylinder
It can't get back to the feeling you have about seasons 1 and 2. It was a different show and to go back to that would be disingenuous at best, terrible writing at worst.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:57 PM
M52
Part-Time Fan

Ugh on one hand I'm glad there hasn't been a lot of sneak peeks and promos so I can be totally surprised for this week's ep, but on the other hand... I'm going frickin stir crazy waiting.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

uh it's not about going back to the same plotting

all i meant was back then there weren't a ton of plots that either felt forced/contrived or things that just made no sense- like i said you get more of that now

it doesn't bother me because like i said i love the show for things that they're bringing each week

but i can totally see how someone can see the quality of writing/plotting/everything that season 2 had, and compare that to the slight dip that's been the last 2 seasons and wonder what happened
Closed Thread   Post New Thread