Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Chicago PD - Episode 5.04 - Snitch - Promotional Photos

Source to view the photos in larger size and detail: X

Quote:
Chicago P.D.'s Marina Squerciati Opens Up About Kim's Newfound Rage

As it turns out, Chicago P.D. wasn't finished putting Kim Burgess (Marina Squerciati) through the ringer. After returning from a sabbatical in the wake of her sister's assault, Wednesday night's episode saw Burgess put herself on the line for a fellow officer in one of the most intense episodes to date.
It all goes down when a van explodes during a street festival and officer Frank Toma (Ben Youcef), who she helped train, turns up missing. Despite the evidence pointing to his involvement, Burgess firmly believes he's innocent -- even if the rest of Central Intelligence crew doesn't. Desperate to get to the truth and exonerate him, she finds herself up going against her superiors.
TV Guide caught up with Squerciati to discuss that heart-racing episode including Kim's newfound rage, what it felt like to be the only one who believes Frank's innocence and what's next for the series.

What is Kim's frame of mind going into this episode? Was she mentally prepared to take on the stress of the bombing?
Marina Squerciati: I think after a traumatic event, you don't know how you're going to react anymore. [It's] sort of like a recalibration of everything and so when this happens, I think that the rage in her...she's surprised by the rage. There's a scene in the end where I go after Voight and his companion and I think that that surprises her because that [rage] didn't exist in her before her sister got attacked.

We see that a few times in the episode, her almost losing it. Is she fighting against the world?
Squerciati: It's incredibly hard and almost...it's an odd word to use in this context but embarrassing to go out on a limb like that when everyone's telling you you're wrong. And she's also the only female there and I think that doesn't even feel like she's making a choice, that she believes with her whole heart that this person is innocent and she's gonna do what she has to do to prove that. I really respect that and I hope I have enough guts to do that.]

There's an intense scene in the episode where Kim is trying to talk Frank out of suicide and she's begging him to put down the gun. What do you remember from filming that?
Squerciati: Our tech advisor put us in touch with an actual hostage negotiator. Basically, what he told me and what I think if you'll notice in that scene...I never get angry or raise my voice. You kind of be this person's friend and remind them of a calmer world. I think trying to keep casual under those circumstances takes a lot of training which Burgess hasn't had to the extent of a hostage negotiator. But I like that I was able to play it in sort of a casual way and not the crazy TV way, that they let us do that the way that cops actually do it.

At the end of the episode, Burgess goes after corrupt cop Danny Rose and Voight warns her to back off or risk her career. Will she listen? How important is it for her to take him down?
Squerciati: I do think she does listen. I think it ends on a not-- What I like about this season is that nothing ends perfectly. It's not so black and white. In the first episode, I feel like on another TV show, you'll find out at the end that Halstead didn't actually shoot the girl. But in this, and this new way that the show is going, he did shoot a girl and he has to live with that and contend with that because that's what happens in real life. So the fact that she has to sort make this choice that's messy and dirty and not the right choice...she has to live with that. But she puts her career first.

What other issues are you most excited for the show to cover?
Squerciati: I'm just excited that it's messy. I do feel like it's new television in that it's messy and at the end, the cops aren't always right. Chicago is dealing with a lot right now between the cops and the civilians and the idea that the civilians are right, the cops are right and that we're tackling that each episode is really interesting to me. Being right and not messy is not interesting to me.

Denny Woods has come in as the fact of reform and is already shaking things up. What changes can we expect for the Central Intelligence unit?
Squerciati: Big brother is watching. You don't see Voight taking people to the cage anymore. He realizes that there is a camera in the interrogation room. Someone is always watching and you have to know that when you are with the suspect.

This episode was all about terrorism and racial profiling. How did it speak to you and what do you want people to take away from it?
Squerciati: In an age where we're dealing with terrorism, I think it's important, as trite as it sounds, not to racially profile. And here is this young Muslim man who Burgess stands up for and just knows in her heart that he didn't do it. She knows this person and you can't just assume that he did it because he's Muslim. And I'm proud that she goes out on a limb for him.
Source: X

The Rogue Prince

Last edited by Clarice83; 10-05-2017 at 02:55 PM
Old 10-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Chicago P.D. Casts Sleepy Hollow Vet Zach Appelman as Burgess' New Beau

Sleepy Hollow alum Zach Appelman is the man who has stolen Burgess’ heart on Chicago P.D.
The actor will guest-star on the NBC drama as federal prosecutor Matt Miller, the recently referenced new boyfriend of Intelligence rookie Kim Burgess, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Miller — who appears in Episode 8 — really likes Burgess, and thus, is fighting to balance his work and personal life. However, complications in the pair’s relationship arise when they realize they’re both working mob cases, pitting Chicago prerogatives vs. federal initiatives.
“I get the sense that [the couple is] getting serious,” star Marina Squerciati recently told TVLine. “But we’ll see. Burgess doesn’t have the greatest track record, so who knows?”

In addition to his role as Joe Corbin on Sleepy Hollow, Appelman’s TV credits include episodes of Law & Order: SVU, Blue Bloods, Bull and Beauty and the Beast.

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

^ Thanks, I like the new season so far
Old 10-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
Chicago PD - Episode 5.04 - Snitch - Promotional Photos
X
Thanks for the latest.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Chicago P.D.' Enlists 'Popular' Grad for Season 5 (Exclusive)

Scott Bryce will guest-star as an Illinois congressman who is friendly with Jason Beghe's Voight.

Chicago P.D. is getting political.

The NBC cop drama has tapped Popular grad Scott Bryce to play an Illinois congressman, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Bryce will guest-star as Scott Graynor, a politician who is very pro-police and friendly with Voight (Jason Beghe). He doesn't have the greatest allies in Chicago and finds himself in hot water when he's discovered at a crime scene with no memory of what happened.

The actor is set to appear in the eighth episode of the season, with a possibility that he could reprise the role in the future.

Bryce, whose other credits include As the World Turns and The Good Fight, is repped by Bret Adams Agency.

Other season five guest stars on Chicago P.D. include Wendell Pierce, Sleepy Hollow alum Zach Appelman, Quantico grad Annabelle Acosta and Mykelti Williamson (24).

This season has seen several other cast changes, including the departure of Sophia Bush, the return of Jon Seda and the addition of new series regular Tracy Spiridakos.

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the spoils. I really like Zach Appelman so I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Will Monica Barbaro make any more visits to Chicago P.D. (as ASA Anna Valdez) this season after Episode 4? I miss her on Chicago Justice. —Carlynn
As of now there is nothing scheduled for Barbaro beyond the episode “Snitch,” airing next Wednesday.

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the Scoop!
Old 10-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Chicago PD - Episode 5.05 - Home - Promotional Photos

Source to view the photos in larger size and detail: X

The Rogue Prince

Last edited by Clarice83; 10-13-2017 at 12:52 PM
Old 10-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the promo pics.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Chicago PD - Episode 5.06 - Fallen - Press Release

Quote:
"CHICAGO PD"
"FALLEN"

11/01/2017 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : UPTON MUST WORK WITH A VICE COP SHE DISLIKES TO HELP INTELLIGENCE CRACK A DRUG-RELATED MURDER.

A picture perfect family is shot dead in their home and the team goes in search of a drug dealer with a likely connection. Voight (Jason Beghe) asks for the help of Vice Sergeant Sean McGrady (guest star Wil Traval) who has an old beef with Upton (Tracy Spiridakos). When McGrady turns up dead during the investigation, the case takes an unlikely turn. Also starring Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer, Patrick Jonh Flueger, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, LaRoyce Hawkins, and Amy Morton. Guest starring Mykelti Williamson, Wendell Pierce and Sharrieff Pugh.

Chicago PD - Episode 5.07 - Care Under Fire - Press Release

Quote:
"CHICAGO PD"
"CARE UNDER FIRE"

11/08/2017 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : HALSTEAD GOES UNDERCOVER TO STOP AN EX-MILITARY KIDNAPPING CREW FROM KILLING AN INNOCENT CHILD.

In the wake of several gang-related child abductions, Intelligence must race against time to find a kidnapped boy. Owing to their swiftness and military precision, the team scours the VA records and tracks the suspects to a former Army Ranger. With his previous experience as a Ranger, Halstead (Jesse Lee Soffer) convinces Voight (Jason Beghe) to send him undercover to try and get information from inside. Also starring Jon Seda, Patrick John Flueger, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, LaRoyce Hawkins, Amy Morton and Tracy Spiridakos. Guest starring Anabelle Acosta, Mykelti Williamson and Carlos Miranda.

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Chicago P.D.'s LaRoyce Hawkins Talks Atwater's Sacrifice, Possible Romance

Atwater’s family life and work are colliding in a dangerous way on Chicago P.D.
During this Wednesday’s episode (NBC, 10/9c), a case hits close to home for the detective when his neighborhood’s “no snitch” culture stalls Intelligence’s homicide investigation. Having grown up in the area, Atwater understands “that there’s a disconnect between cops and black people in the community,” LaRoyce Hawkins tells TVLine. “There’s no trust, and when there’s no trust, you get little to no cooperation.”

While Atwater has personal ties to the neighborhood and knowledge of its complicated dynamics, that’s not what’s driving him to step up during the investigation. “He’s motivated by helping out his partner” — it’s Ruzek’s source who is killed — “and protecting his family, and trying to find justice for other families,” Hawkins says.

When Atwater’s own clan gets tangled up in the case, the detective is put in a difficult situation not unlike the one he often has to coach witnesses through. “He finds himself having to probably sacrifice the safety of his family” to do what’s right, Hawkins previews.

As for Atwater and Ruzek’s season-premiere clash about the latter’s “belligerent” behavior toward a black man while on the job, Hawkins doesn’t believe that the disagreement has broken the duo’s professional or personal bond. “Those brothers are best friends,” the actor says, adding that during “those tough conversations,” both characters “make solid points. They both express an argument and a side of the table that should be heard and is very, very valid… I think they’ll take a bullet for each other right now. But in those moments, they [teach] each other something.”
In addition to the tension between Atwater and Ruzek, you might have sensed some flirty chemistry between Atwater and the morgue worker/tipster in the season opener. “To be honest with you, they probably had to tone it down. The actual flirtation on the day might have been a lot more powerful than what we saw on television,” Hawkins says, joking that the producers are probably scared to give him a love interest “because the tension is so palpable that they might have to put the show on HBO or something.”

The Rogue Prince
Old 10-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest spoilers.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the latest
Closed Thread   Post New Thread