Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

It's says it's 2x20, but it should be 2x21, right?

Quote:
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Episode 2.20 - Det. Dave Majors

JAKE WORKS WITH ONE OF NYPD’S BEST ON AN ALL-NEW “BROOKLYN NINE-NINE” SUNDAY, MAY 3, ON FOX

Garret Dillahunt (“Raising Hope”) Guest-Stars

Jake is excited to work a case with the best detective in the NYPD, Detective Majors (guest star Garret Dillahunt), until Majors shares his intentions to ask Amy out on a date. Meanwhile, Charles and Gina try to convince Terry to stay at the Nine-Nine when he considers accepting an offer to work at a private security firm in the all-new “Det. Dave Majors” episode of BROOKLYN NINE-NINE airing Sunday, May 3 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BRK-220) (TV-14; D, L) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Andy Samberg as Det. Jake Peralta; Andre Braugher as Capt. Ray Holt; Terry Crews as Sgt. Terry Jeffords; Melissa Fumero as Det. Amy Santiago; Joe Lo Truglio as Det. Charles Boyle; Stephanie Beatriz as Det. Rosa Diaz; Chelsea Peretti as Gina Linetti, Dirk Blocker as Det. Hitchcock, Joel McKinnon Miller as Det. Scully

Guest Cast: Garret Dillahunt as Det. Dave Majors; Cedric Yarbrough as Steve; Gabe Liedman as Oliver.
x
Old 04-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervy minion (View Post)
It's says it's 2x20, but it should be 2x21, right?

x
Yeah, it was originally 20 until the episodes got switched around. Wish Fox wouldn't mess us around like that, but hey new press release and looking forward to more Jake/Amy interaction. Thanks Monika.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Np! I hate when they do that, switching episodes...
Old 04-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervy minion (View Post)
Np! I hate when they do that, switching episodes...
Yeah, its just so weird. Looking at Futon Critic it was numbered originally as episode 22 but has now been put in the episode 20 slot. I don't know why Fox switched around the episodes, Hmmm.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

I honestly think they got it wrong the first time, and now they just fixed it. Because that article with Andy that came out this week said that the injury episode was the penultimate episode (or the story in the penultimate was following that).

eta

Also, "Jake is excited to work a case with the best detective in the NYPD, Detective Majors, until Majors shares his intentions to ask Amy out on a date."

I think he will ask Amy out, but she'll say no because of Jake, instead of being just him super jealous again like it was last year with Teddy.

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

tumblr | ao3 | youtube | visit b99
Old 04-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
I don't know why Fox switched around the episodes, Hmmm.
The did it with New Girl in season 2 because of their special Thursday night time slot. I'm guessing FOX thought Nick/Jess date episode would better entice Thursday night viewers to start watching the show.

I think they did it with Mindy Project too.

But these B99 episodes are still on Sunday, so I don't know what's that about.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:21 PM
New Fan

EPISODE 2X20 - AC/DC PRESS RELEASE
JAKE GETS SOME R&R ON AN ALL-NEW “BROOKLYN NINE-NINE” SUNDAY, APRIL 26, ON FOX

After Jake injures himself on a case, Terry forces him take time off and rest - something Jake doesn’t know how to do. Across town, Holt and Rosa try to avoid intimate conversation during a double-date with their significant others in the all-new “AC/DC” episode of BROOKLYN NINE-NINE airing Sunday, April 26 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BRK-222) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Andy Samberg as Det. Jake Peralta; Andre Braugher as Capt. Ray Holt; Terry Crews as Sgt. Terry Jeffords; Melissa Fumero as Det. Amy Santiago; Joe Lo Truglio as Det. Charles Boyle; Stephanie Beatriz as Det. Rosa Diaz; Chelsea Peretti as Gina Linetti, Dirk Blocker as Det. Hitchcock, Joel McKinnon Miller as Det. Scully
Old 04-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I guess they switched it because a Jake/Amy episode + May sweeps (+ early indicator that it's a good one from Sepinwall maybe?) is probably a good combo. Hopefully the switch won't be noticeable, I heard that on Backstrom they switched episodes making a storyline not making sense with a character and some guy's full beard was lost and suddenly came back randomly from week to week yikes

I'm so glad drips of spoilers are coming in, it's desperate times until April 26th

IA Danica, I'm also thinking that Amy will turn this guy down, to give it a different spin from what happened last year. And hopefully to progress more Jake/Amy too
Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Here's the press release from Fox (even though spoilertv came up trumps first)

BROOKLYN 9-9 05/03/15 8:30p | FOX Broadcasting Company

It mentions Suggestive dialogue. Jack & Amy? maybe?

Also thought I'd repost this pic from Melissa's instagram account, she posted a few months back. Garret's face -

Old 04-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutti (View Post)
I guess they switched it because a Jake/Amy episode + May sweeps (+ early indicator that it's a good one from Sepinwall maybe?) is probably a good combo. Hopefully the switch won't be noticeable, I heard that on Backstrom they switched episodes making a storyline not making sense with a character and some guy's full beard was lost and suddenly came back randomly from week to week yikes

I'm so glad drips of spoilers are coming in, it's desperate times until April 26th

IA Danica, I'm also thinking that Amy will turn this guy down, to give it a different spin from what happened last year. And hopefully to progress more Jake/Amy too
If it does turn out that Amy & the detective go out, it might explain why Jake is facing burn out from the other episode, in the same way he immersed himself in that unsolved case from S1 because he was trying to put Amy and Teddy out of his head, didn't really work for him though.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
If it does turn out that Amy & the detective go out, it might explain why Jake is facing burn out from the other episode, in the same way he immersed himself in that unsolved case from S1 because he was trying to put Amy and Teddy out of his head, didn't really work for him though.
True. I keep thinking he's just in one ep, so of course she'll say no! And of course she can date him off screen, I forget Hope it still makes sense with the episode order if that turns out to be the case.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, i don't know. They wouldn't deliberately do the same plot again. Amy has to say no.

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

Old 04-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

If she dates him and Jake is burnt out because of it, that's gonna be too repetitive...

I think she's either gonna turn him down and ask Jake herself. Or Jake's going to 'man-up" and ask Amy to sort of parallel last season. (I'd prefer the former )

icon by http2D
Old 04-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

/\ Me too. In fact, in counting on the former.

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

Old 04-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

new thread