Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Brennan seems to get extra violent when Booth is involved doesn't she? Hitting him at his "funeral", pushing Jared off the stool because of what he tried to make her think of Booth, because the woman was the gravedigger and wouldn't tell her where Booth was buried...

I hope we see more of that this season
Old 02-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great post Ourania !

Spunks, I appreciate your opinion. For whatever reason the ghost/hallucination didn't bother me at all. I think it's because that part was NOT the story. It was merely a way for us to see into Booth's past, to have him deal with his issues before, and to have his subconcious (Teddy in my opinion) admit he loved Bones. I just ... just didn't and still don't see it as an issue. And I do think that Booth will ALWAYS love Rebecca, because she did mother his child. It's how Booth is. It's what he's about. It's just obviously a whole different set of feelings.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Agreed, Wildfire.

NOT loving the mother of your child would signify a pretty disconnected, uncaring person. That's not who Booth is. Just like how he still loves his father even after everything the man did to him, did period.

AnnaCastiel | ElenaDamon | SarahJosef | VeronicaLogan | BrennanBooth | BuffyAngel | PamJim | HollyMichael | FredWesley | SarahChuck | EllieAwesome
Old 02-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
Great post Ourania !

Spunks, I appreciate your opinion. For whatever reason the ghost/hallucination didn't bother me at all. I think it's because that part was NOT the story. It was merely a way for us to see into Booth's past, to have him deal with his issues before, and to have his subconcious (Teddy in my opinion) admit he loved Bones. I just ... just didn't and still don't see it as an issue. And I do think that Booth will ALWAYS love Rebecca, because she did mother his child. It's how Booth is. It's what he's about. It's just obviously a whole different set of feelings.

it didn't bother me that Booth said he still loves Rebecca. he hever said he was still in love with her or anything. he just feels a connection to her because she's Parker's mom. he also said he didn't like her very much remember.

we know Brennan is the one he's IN love with
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gotta run to class but want to say I competely agree with you girls!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow12 (View Post)
Agreed, Wildfire.

NOT loving the mother of your child would signify a pretty disconnected, uncaring person. That's not who Booth is. Just like how he still loves his father even after everything the man did to him, did period.

i completely agree.

but spunks i do agree witht he fact that how did the gravedigger woman actually take booth? i mean hes big and all muscle....

BUT STILL LOVED IT
Old 02-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Now that we've seen both Fire and Hero, I'm really glad they decided to air them in the correct order. First of all, it would've been totally random to have some random bitchy FBI chick appear and have everyone know her if Hero aired first. Also, the fact that Booth basically admitted he was in love with Brennan through silence would be a weird thing to come before open flirtation with Perotta if Hero had aired first and Fire second.

I liked Perotta in Fire and I liked the flirtation, but I liked how the episode ended. I'm pretty sure if I saw Hero first I would be extremely upset she is coming back the next episode. Now that I know she isn't a threat and her good side was presented first, I'm kind of curious of how she is going to fit into the next episode.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks Karen!
Sooo? Maaaah what am I readiiiing? We all knoooow Booth loves his Bonesy! Plus if that can be reassuring in any way, the manner he actually said he loved Rebecca is really that of someone who knows he is way past something. You see what I mean? The tone is definite, not nostalgic but clearly stating things, observing it as inevitable yet not exclusive. He loves her because she is the mother of her child, it's obvious, but that's all. Now other feelings are more difficult to cope with, I'll actually use this opportunity to point out another reversal in the scenario. As easy as it is for him to say he "loves" Rebecca in a non-romantic, clearly familial way, it is tough for him to even admit he is "tight" with Bones. This is because there is this whole level of their relationship he is afraid to face. He was afraid to... Now this will probably be different, as pointed out by the last scene, I'm sure he wouldn't want someone else to give a message to Bones, to say those three words instead of him. That she is there when he says it, that Teddy, Claire, Booth and Bones are all present represents this sort of love square, of what Bones could have been if she hadn't saved Booth, if she had been the one putting flowers on a tombstone. This is very strong symbolically again.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Duke (View Post)
Now that we've seen both Fire and Hero, I'm really glad they decided to air them in the correct order. First of all, it would've been totally random to have some random bitchy FBI chick appear and have everyone know her if Hero aired first. Also, the fact that Booth basically admitted he was in love with Brennan through silence would be a weird thing to come before open flirtation with Perotta if Hero had aired first and Fire second.

I liked Perotta in Fire and I liked the flirtation, but I liked how the episode ended. I'm pretty sure if I saw Hero first I would be extremely upset she is coming back the next episode. Now that I know she isn't a threat and her good side was presented first, I'm kind of curious of how she is going to fit into the next episode.
ITA. I'm so glad they aired them in order or else we would have been wondering who Perotta is.

in the next episode it will be Perotta and Brennan working on the case together because Booth's back is hurting him and he has to stay home.

but Brennan does go to his apartment. I love that she gets to look after him more
Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl (View Post)
Great post Ourania !

I agree with you both. While I thought the ghost thing was odd, particularly Brennan seeing him, it doesn't really bother me. I figure the ghost represents some kind of symbolism to the storyline, so I can foregive Bones foray into the paranormal. What I really agree with Spunks about is that it is implausible that a small, middle-aged woman could lug Booth out of a window, and into a car all by herself....sure maybe she could actually do it, but it would be cumbersome, and take some time, and not smart - she would run a huge risk of being seen if she couldn't make a clean and fast get away. She HAD to have help. My personal theory is that there are several women working together doing this. I've said b/4 I think Perotta is one of them bec/ if Booth isn't going to date her, what's the point of her being in the storyline? Even if Perotta is just a red herring, I still think we haven't seen the last of the gravedigger.

Icon: Joana
Old 02-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
in the next episode it will be Perotta and Brennan working on the case together because Booth's back is hurting him and he has to stay home.
Do you think we will get to see Booth at all in this episode? I originally thought he wasn't but he was in the promo so I'm not sure now
Old 02-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlugGlugWooHoo (View Post)
I agree with you both. While I thought the ghost thing was odd, particularly Brennan seeing him, it doesn't really bother me. I figure the ghost represents some kind of symbolism to the storyline, so I can foregive Bones foray into the paranormal. What I really agree with Spunks about is that it is implausible that a small, middle-aged woman could lug Booth out of a window, and into a car all by herself....sure maybe she could actually do it, but it would be cumbersome, and take some time, and not smart - she would run a huge risk of being seen if she couldn't make a clean and fast get away. She HAD to have help. My personal theory is that there are several women working together doing this. I've said b/4 I think Perotta is one of them bec/ if Booth isn't going to date her, what's the point of her being in the storyline? Even if Perotta is just a red herring, I still think we haven't seen the last of the gravedigger.
Perotta is only going to be around for one more ep the Princess in the Pear.

nothing will happen between her and Booth now. I think they just brought her on because David is directing the Bones that Foam.

and because he couldn't be in the eps as much they had to get someone to work with Brennan. I think that's Perotta's main purpose

ETA: Booth is in the next ep just not in as many scenes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa07 (View Post)

ETA: Booth is in the next ep just not in as many scenes
I'm hoping he's going to be primarily shirtless in this episode, especially when Bones is around.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Duke (View Post)
I'm hoping he's going to be primarily shirtless in this episode, especially when Bones is around.
he looks hot in that promo

Old 02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh and girls, there's something I love about BB hugs. Have you seen that Bones, who expresses her affection with hugs of all types (We saw hugs to Angela, to Hodgins, to Zack, to Sully, to her dad) buries her head only onto Booth's shoulder? She never does it otherwise, she keeps her head straight with all the others, even with Sully or her father. The only one she abandons herself to is Booth. It happened in season 1 after the arrest of the guy who killed her father for the first time and I remember finding it particularly intimate, it happened again when she thought Russ was dead in her apartment in season 2... Always in strong, difficult moments linked to her family. Until yesterday's episode, where it was linked to her fear to lose him. Gosh ain't that looooove? Ok, when is the finale already? :p