Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's definitely not a filler episode. It's one of the not many episodes that are actually giving us a sense of direction for the season for once.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lol seriously though. Scavenger Vortex was a filler. Itchy Brain Simulation was a filler. Raiders Minimization was a filler. This one is not a filler.
Just because the advancement doesn't directly touch Penny's couple doesn't mean it's not meaningful.

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc (View Post)
You are forgetting that if Amy moves into Penny's old apartment, Sheldon now has a place he can run to if L/P gang up on him. Also Amy could now come over unannounced, like Penny use to do, to see Penny, if Sheldon questions her. I think they would be a lot like the old 'Friends' show, the four of them.
I am not convinced Amy would move to Penny's old apartment. Plus Sheldon doesn't want to be the one having to "escape" his own domain. He had the apartment first and that has always been his apartment.

Bottom line, is that it would be a terrible mistake to have Penny move in with Sheldon and Leonard. It would end up too much of a trio.

Also, Amy's story was clearly showing she has some independence back. She was not tied to Sheldon in the episode. So if anything, I see a move away from Shamy being as close than closer. I see her growing more independent and more social and him still tied to his virtual parents. Not a good thing and his virtual parents will have no privacy or quiet in their lives either. It could make Shamy grow away from each other and Amy find she likes life without Sheldon and constantly having to abide by his rules. So I think you have to be careful what you wish for. It could be something that could end up causing more harm that good to both couples.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSun (View Post)
Lol seriously though. Scavenger Vortex was a filler. Itchy Brain Simulation was a filler. Raiders Minimization was a filler. This one is not a filler.
Just because the advancement doesn't directly touch Penny's couple doesn't mean it's not meaningful.
I don't think any of the episodes are "filler".

What constitutes "filler"--the lack of romantic progression of either SHamy or Lenny?

There is no mytharc--the romantic relationsihps are not the main storyline of this show. Though they're very important and probably the strongest examples of character growth, as slow as they are, they're not the main premise of the show.

Since the show is simply about how each of these characters goes through life, whether it's dealing with a card game with Wil Wheaton or taking a job on a ship for 4 months, or going into outer space or getting married or meeting Professor Proton, it's all equal.

I believe there's no such thing as filler. Some episodes may advance one ship or the other, but that doesn't make the rest of the non-relationship episodes "filler".

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 12-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Filler just means when nothing happens that will advance the story lines I guess.

Not an insult cause filler episodes are very fun sometimes.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
Filler just means when nothing happens that will advance the story lines I guess.

Not an insult cause filler episodes are very fun sometimes.
Agree...although I didn't think the taping report for 7.13 reflected a filler episode at all. It seemed like it was definitely heading a direction and laying groundwork. So I don't think it would qualify as "nothing happening" in this case.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

For me it sounded like some foreshadowing when Amy said in the Cooper Extraction that she is asking herself why she is coming home to a lonley apartment every day. So perhaps they will change the living situation very soon and Sheldon is going to live with Amy and not Lenny. The friends know now that Sheldon hears to the advices Amy gives him. And if Leonard wants to move out one day he probably would talk with Amy first and let her do the groundwork

~Susanne ~
Old 12-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc (View Post)
You are forgetting that if Amy moves into Penny's old apartment, Sheldon now has a place he can run to if L/P gang up on him. Also Amy could now come over unannounced, like Penny use to do, to see Penny, if Sheldon questions her. I think they would be a lot like the old 'Friends' show, the four of them.
Even if Amy doesn't move into Penny's apt. If LP live with Sheldon then Penny's bestie will be there even more than she was before. If anything I think that it could help move the Shamy along further.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
Even if Amy doesn't move into Penny's apt. If LP live with Sheldon then Penny's bestie will be there even more than she was before. If anything I think that it could help move the Shamy along further.
That's part of what I was saying earlier--that even if Penny were to move in with L&S, that doesn't mean that there would be no further development with the Shamy.

Amy could still come over as much as she does now, or Sheldon could be driven to hanging out more at her place, in order to escape Penny, or whatever.

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 12-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think the writers will go there just yet but I think it'd be hilarious for the Shamy to share a flat without having ever made love.

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:24 PM
etc
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
I am not convinced Amy would move to Penny's old apartment. Plus Sheldon doesn't want to be the one having to "escape" his own domain. He had the apartment first and that has always been his apartment.
Sheldon escaped in an episode when Leonard was talking with Priya on the computer. He went to Penny's and stayed there till they were over, so it has been done before.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
That's part of what I was saying earlier--that even if Penny were to move in with L&S, that doesn't mean that there would be no further development with the Shamy.

Amy could still come over as much as she does now, or Sheldon could be driven to hanging out more at her place, in order to escape Penny, or whatever.
yep, see for me I think it would give them a lot more scenarios to play with if Penny moved in with them full time. I could totally see Sheldon going over to Amy's like that
Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
I am curious how you believe they will all progress when they are all under the same roof constantly (other than Amy sleeping in her own apartment at night)? How would so much togetherness of these couples bring them "closer"? How are they allowed times for intimacy and discussing things that should only be discussed with their partner than in front of each other. You know Sheldon will constantly be in Lenny's business, likewise Penny will be in Shamy's business. All I see is constant confusion, miscommunications, arguments, etc. I don't see that as helping these couples, but prolonging progress. Sheldon may go to Amy's now and again, but bottom line, it was his apartment from the beginning and he likes being there and in his spot. Lenny have no where to escape to other than the rooftop or laundry room. Amy has the most flexibility, but I still say there will be far too much "togetherness" and I personally prefer less of that. They all need private time and time to grow and not have others breathing down their necks all the time.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I haven't read the report, but just going off everyone's comments... I'm sure everything will be fine.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
I am curious how you believe they will all progress when they are all under the same roof constantly (other than Amy sleeping in her own .
I dunno .....just do
Closed Thread   Post New Thread