Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
I don't think Leonard will be back in the first episode. I could see him coming back by the second or third at the latest.
Since they're doing two back-to-back eps, I can see his return in the second one.

At any rate, I don't see it as Leonard cheating on Penny. He's just not as sad and lonely as she might have wanted or expected him to be.
Oh, I don't think a little dancing is cheating either. Ooh, back go back episodes?? Didn't know that. I like that. So the premiere is basically 1 hour
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)

At any rate, I don't see it as Leonard cheating on Penny. He's just not as sad and lonely as she might have wanted or expected him to be.
Agreed.

And, yeah, at this point, my money's on him returning in episode two. I know it was mentioned by Molaro that Leonard's going to get a bit wet, so I'm wondering if post soaked Leonard will be in less high spirits and Skype Penny and Sheldon. That or they might carry SP's worries over to the next episode, but I'm not sure they'd do that...
Old 08-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Agreed.

And, yeah, at this point, my money's on him returning in episode two. I know it was mentioned by Molaro that Leonard's going to get a bit wet, so I'm wondering if post soaked Leonard will be in less high spirits and Skype Penny and Sheldon. That or they might carry SP's worries over to the next episode, but I'm not sure they'd do that...
I could definitely see the end of episode one being a skype session where Leonard is hung over, soaking wet, and not as pleased with water/icebergs anymore. A little banter fun for S/P to L to end the first episode and BAM. Episode two Leonard comes home with hopefully little conflict.

I really hope that episode one is more a bonding experience. I love the friendship dynamic with Sheldon/Penny and I can't wait to see how they do Amy/Bernie. That's what I am most looking forward to for a season opener.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmyrak (View Post)
I could definitely see the end of episode one being a skype session where Leonard is hung over, soaking wet, and not as pleased with water/icebergs anymore. A little banter fun for S/P to L to end the first episode and BAM. Episode two Leonard comes home with hopefully little conflict.

I really hope that episode one is more a bonding experience. I love the friendship dynamic with Sheldon/Penny and I can't wait to see how they do Amy/Bernie. That's what I am most looking forward to for a season opener.
Until we get further information/the episode airs, that's my current theory for the LPS stuff.

And, agreed, I'd rather have fun and bonding over the beginnings of bad conflict to open the new season.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
S/P call Leonard. He is basically partying like it is 1999 at 5:30am. Scene is described as "Leonard is in the midst of a drunken dancing frenzy of scientists ale and female". One of them spies an Iceberg and they all take a shot, thus the 'Berg! Berg! Berg!' chanting. Leonard hangs up.

My theory - or just idea - is that Sheldon and Penny seem to be missing Leonard more than Leonard misses them. They bond over it, and when Leonard comes home - and he really did miss them, of course - he sees they've bonded and has a moment of DIDN'T YOU MISS ME? I'm 100000000% sure that isn't what's going to happen, but thinking about it amuses me.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)

My theory - or just idea - is that Sheldon and Penny seem to be missing Leonard more than Leonard misses them. They bond over it, and when Leonard comes home - and he really did miss them, of course - he sees they've bonded and has a moment of DIDN'T YOU MISS ME? I'm 100000000% sure that isn't what's going to happen, but thinking about it amuses me.
Your thinking, when it's written down, amuses me also, in a good way.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Oh, I can imagine all the fun the writers could have with that kind of scenario. Maybe Penny and Sheldon can have a gaming/nerd bonding moment and they are so immersed in what they are doing and then Leonard walks in and stares for a bit, maybe says a couple things but they don't hear him, and then in Leonard-like fashion walks right back out the door.

I love Leonard's character so much, I want them to milk his scenes in the opener! I'm already excited for this "'berg! 'berg! 'berg!" thing.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Total Fan

Listen to Nicole, kids. She is PRESCIENT when it comes to predicting what happens on this show (although, admittedly, she's got a little help from the sides this time around ).

#SerialApeist2Premiere #ATSKAA2014*
* ... and then Sheldon kissed Amy AGAIN.

Icon by bigbangsheldon
Old 08-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

This is what I've been thinking all along--he's having a good time, not only with the partying, but also because he's doing something interesting in his field, etc.
Sheldon's probably still a little jealous about Leonard's opportunity, and then realizes that Leonard isn't moping or missing home.
Penny wants to be happy for Leonard's career opportunity, but now she sees that he's not sad or lonely.

So Sheldon and Penny commiserate, maybe gripe about Leonard out there whooping it up, etc., hence their "bonding".

I think that at some point Leonard may feel the wrath of the North Sea and maybe it won't be such a party (at least, I think it would be funny...), but it might also be funny to see him coming back in seeming triumph, only to find that Penny and Sheldon are a little miffed at him.

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Either way, I'm sure Leonard is going to get a hard time when he comes home. Poor Leonard.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not worried about Lenard & Penny, he's just having some fun. But when he gets home either Penny will be hard on him (for having fun) or she'll just want to get on with things and have 3 months to make up for.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Listen to Nicole, kids. She is PRESCIENT when it comes to predicting what happens on this show (although, admittedly, she's got a little help from the sides this time around ).
Watch me be completely wrong this time that I actually have something to work with.

Though maybe not...I mean, all the sides show is Leonard is having fun and Amy and Bernie are out together, and it's not like we didn't already know that anyway.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Are Penny and Sheldon suppose to bond or what is this bonding you guys are talking about??
Old 08-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd figure after 3 months Penny would be ready to kill Sheldon
Old 08-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

That would be a funny, off-the-wall kind of way to have Leonard come home...Penny and Sheldon DO bond but by the time Leonard comes home they are literally at each others throats. Would be the least likely thing to happen but I'd find it extremely hilarious.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread