Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

I know they won't bill Katie as second lead again. Sucks how the show treated her. But maybe with Black Siren they can redeem themselves after what they did to Laurel.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
Meh I wouldn't want that. She deserves better than a fckboi. I would tune in if she had more going on and involved with the story/plot, but I am about 94% sure she will just be a background character to Felicity & Friends. Not here for that.
Felicity & Friends sounds like an awful show.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I didn't see the point of the sister twist at all and honestly they were pretty stupid to think that people would accept them after, but yet again it makes sense when they didn't really want them to begin with.
I know the sister twist ruined the idea of Oliver and Laurel completely for me, but I have seen worse things on other shows and they didn't stop people from shiping the couples in question. Like on Homeland, Brody was a terrorist who ruined Carrie's life and a significant portion of the fanbase still rooted for them. On "V", Hobbes betrayed Erica to the enemy for another woman, got her husband killed in the process and then had sex with her when she was out of her mind with grief but a lot of people still wanted them together. I think Oliver and Laurel probably could have come back from the cheating, too, but it would have taken a quality of acting and writing that this show simply isn't capable of.

Quote:
I think by this point we're doomed to suffer olicity for the rest of the series.
Arrow will only ever put an end to Olicity if EBR gets fed up and leaves the show. The writers (and some of the actors) are way too obsessed with the pairing (and the concept of OTA) to ever put an end to it otherwise. You can tell just by the way they have been handling Oliver's interactions with the other female characters ever since Olicity was canonized. While he still shared plenty of scenes with female characters other than Felicity (e.g. Laurel, Sara, Isabel, Helena, McKenna, etc.) in seasons 1 and 2, they have really started to put a Felicity embargo on the character in the last 2-3 years. Dinah appeared in 12 episodes last season and she and Oliver talked twice and his "romantic scenes" with Susan were so poorly acted and scripted that I wonder how they ever made it past the cut.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 08-16-2017 at 03:58 AM
Old 08-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I know the sister twist ruined the idea of Oliver and Laurel completely for me, but I have seen worse things on other shows and they didn't stop people from shiping the couples in question. Like on Homeland, Brody was a terrorist who ruined Carrie's life and a significant portion of the fanbase still rooted for them. On "V", Hobbes betrayed Erica to the enemy for another woman, got her husband killed in the process and then had sex with her when she was out of her mind with grief but a lot of people still wanted them together. I think Oliver and Laurel probably could have come back from the cheating, too, but it would have taken a quality of acting and writing that this show simply isn't capable of.
It ruined them for me too, but people have shipped a lot worse as you said so maybe it could have been redeemed if the writing/acting was great, but CW doesn't have that level of either elements.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
For me, Arrow is a lost case, I only watch it when it has a crossover, and now I'm just going to follow and see Black Siren scenes.
Same. Outside of knowing the outline of what's happening out of force of habit. I haven't watched since Season 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I know the sister twist ruined the idea of Oliver and Laurel completely for me, but I have seen worse things on other shows and they didn't stop people from shiping the couples in question.
It was a mistake. Only made worse by then putting Oliver/Sara together again S2 but by that point it was clear they had no intention of giving Oliver/Laurel a real shot.

I didn't like the premise. I didn't like Oliver/Laurel in the beginning but if I knew how the show would turn out. I would've let it go.

Season 3 is where the show went downhill.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

s3 went downhill that's when L become BC let me guess her storyline was fine right
Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Lol you guessed it. After two years of not liking her I finally did. She wasn't enough to keep me watching evidently, but in a cluster of a god awful she was fine.

Olicity fans need to understand it's not some huge conspiracy that everyone who dislikes the direction the show took from Season 3 onwards is either a Laurel stan or a comic stan.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Really all I have seen on SM is comic this comics that form both LL fans & comics fans since 2014
Old 08-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Well I've never picked up a Green Arrow comic and I shipped Olicity Season 1 and 2. I know many like-minded fans who are the same as me on these forums and across social media.
Philanthropist.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

weird I have never seen them across SM it has always been the same story comics comics comics anywho this pic of the true BC is awesome
https://mobile.twitter.com/AudreyGia...93182252859392 how many fans love her already

Last edited by Japril; 08-14-2017 at 06:31 PM
Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
Well I've never picked up a Green Arrow comic and I shipped Olicity Season 1 and 2. I know many like-minded fans who are the same as me on these forums and across social media.
I'm the same. I was into Oliver and Felicity in s1 and s2, but in s3 I just...no. I was ok with Laurel, but never a huge fan of her until her arc in s3 kept me with the show. I never read the comics. My only experience with Green Arrow was on Smallville. I shipped him and Chloe hard and thought it would be similar with Olicity, but meh.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

Exactly.

I shipped Chlollie too btw. They were my favorite couple on Smallville!
Philanthropist.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:38 AM
Loyal Fan

IMO, Season 5 (mostly) put the show back on track, but i understand those who dropped it during season 3 or 4 (especially 4).

Last edited by killer93; 08-15-2017 at 05:03 AM
Old 08-15-2017, 04:26 AM
Elite Fan

Laurel was the true Black Canary.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer93 (View Post)
IMO, Season 5 (mostly) put the show back on track, but i understand those who drppped it during season 3 or 4 (especially 4).
I've seen fans saying that. I do believe it could be true but like you said once you're done it's a moot point.
Philanthropist.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread