Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Absolute Fan

For a change of topic Im thinking that Felicity is going to try and get Thea to see Merlyn for the villian he is and protect her from him. Sh probably feels she owes that to Oliver to protect his baby sister that he died for. If thats the case its going to put her in the path of Malcolms wrath.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I preferred "Well, if it's you asking, I'll do it."

But I have to say I was underwhelmed. To put this into perspective, I started my period an hour before this episode, and it's a *bad* one...and I didn't tear up at all.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
Oh my goodness. How dare you die Oliver!! Didn't you think about your commitments first!!!!! should he have sacrificed Thea for the sake of his promise to bring Sara's killer to justice??

How do we know laurel doesn't love tommy as much as Oliver? (Aside from because!comics). I think tommy was a heck of a lot healthier for her. I think he truly loved HER. So curious as to why you think this

VP, ita almost everything this season is so sloppy. I feel like they could have condensed eps, or have killed Sara in finale last year and had a lot of this happen off screen. But I guess they needed a win and Sara needed to die.

Also, I wonder wtf this writers are gonna do when they run out of people to kill/fake kill to continue Oliver's manpain.

Since this time last year: (23 eps)
Shado
Moira
Sara for fake
Slade for fake
Sara for real
Oliver for fake (or laz pit)

Versus the entire series up till midseason last year (33 eps)
Robert
Yao fe
Tommy
Malcolm for fake

Did I miss anyone??

Arguments for Oliver being dead dead and them using the Lazarus pit:
No monologue (monologue is always missing when people die)
Mention of ras being 67
The whole blood out of the mouth/life flashing before his eyes

Then again, Malcolm didn't die and accurately faked his own death. Again, maybe he conspired w Oliver. And the. This gets into a whole other can of worms, if Oliver goes into this KNOWING he is going to fake die and doesn't let original team arrow + Roy know.
Oh yes cause Oliver went into that fight knowing he was going to win and come out victorious. ......Oh wait he didn't that's why he said his goodbyes. The reply was to someone that said he didn't have unfinished business with Laurel, which he did.

And what does healthy have to do with anything? She chose Oliver over Tommy. She tried to make herself feel what she felt for Oliver in Tommy, but she couldn't. This isn't about who was better for Laurel, its about who she was in love with.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I'm not a Laurel fan

Say something to each other? Oliver hugged Roy and told him something. Why can't Diggle get told something "You're in charge" or "You were right"
Um, Dig did say something. He told Oliver that he wished he could go with him and have his back, but he understood Oliver had to do it alone. If you've paid attention to their relationship over the seasons, you know that was actually great because it was a call back to them realizing they could trust one another and they both have eachother's backs. Remember after Russia when Oliver told Dig that now he knows someone has his back, or something to that affect? I personally thought it was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
I preferred "Well, if it's you asking, I'll do it."

But I have to say I was underwhelmed. To put this into perspective, I started my period an hour before this episode, and it's a *bad* one...and I didn't tear up at all.
Wha

but I actually really liked this line as well. It just made me think about how many fans notice that Oliver is very good and doing what Felicity tells him to do!

Anyway, I definitely think Felicity will try to protect Thea and get her to see Malcolm for who he is. I wonder what they'll tell her about Oliver. I also wonder if Laurel will go after Malcolm? Will she understand what Oliver did and that Thea was under the influence of a drug.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 12-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
For a change of topic Im thinking that Felicity is going to try and get Thea to see Merlyn for the villian he is and protect her from him. Sh probably feels she owes that to Oliver to protect his baby sister that he died for. If thats the case its going to put her in the path of Malcolms wrath.
I see this falling to Roy. Roy has a connection with her already, and he knows first hand what it's like to have a murder you unknowingly committed kept secret. Will he keep it from her? I think felicity will because Oliver told her how he felt she shouldn't know. But I think Roy's own personal experience with it, plus how he feels about Thea...if Oliver is "dead", I have a feeling Roy may tell all. The whole thing. Because he never wanted to keep secrets from her and she is decidedly not safe already since she's in cahoots with Malcolm.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)

Anyway, I definitely think Felicity will try to protect Thea and get her to see Malcolm for who he is. I wonder what they'll tell her about Oliver. I also wonder if Laurel will go after Malcolm? Will she understand what Oliver did and that Thea was under the influence of a drug.
Its going to be interested in seeing how Thea responds to Felicity's concern. Like is she even really aware of who Felicity is to her brother? Or is she still assuming she is the former EA. Im guessing there will be resistant on Thea's part.

I also have this idea- potentially wrong- that another part of Felicity trying to protect Thea is to avoid her own grief. Im feeling likely when the show returns Felicity will be finding anything and everything to keep herself from accepting Oliver is gone- denial mode. Thea, team arrow business, probably helping Ray with his super hero mission and eventually the dam will burst and she will have a break down.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Oh yes cause Oliver went into that fight knowing he was going to win and come out victorious. ......Oh wait he didn't that's why he said his goodbyes. The reply was to someone that said he didn't have unfinished business with Laurel, which he did.

And what does healthy have to do with anything? She chose Oliver over Tommy. She tried to make herself feel what she felt for Oliver in Tommy, but she couldn't. This isn't about who was better for Laurel, its about who she was in love with.
It's been a year and a half. By the time Oliver is even around again, it'll have been almost two years. I think Laurel looks at sleeping with Oliver at the end of S1 as a mistake. I think when Tommy died saving her, she realized that focusing on the past instead of looking at her actual life and what had been going on around her for five years meant she had lost out on someone who truly loved her for who she is. Tommy liked her grumpiness. He liked it when she said sarcastic things to him. He liked having to cajole her and charm her and felt like a winner when she would finally give in and laugh at his jokes. She never let herself take him seriously even while sleeping with him on and off, and when he died for her, she finally realized how serious he was all along.

So no, I don't think Laurel harbors any continuing illusions that she's in love with Oliver, and I think her coming on to him last fall was just a sign of her beginning her downward spiral. Since that point she has shown no interest in him. Sure, she was mad about Sara bringing him to dinner. That was an insult, and almost an act of aggression tbqh. But I don't think it was because she was still in love with him.

I don't think she's in love with Tommy either, but I do think his death brought home a lot of sobering (no pun intended) truths to her about overlooking what's staring you in the face all along. If he returns and is an option, I think that's going to be her Great Love Story. It'll sort of be like if Barry died immediately after confessing to Iris how he feels, and Iris never got the chance to say it back. She'd spend her life regretting never seeing it and wondering what might've been.

Heck, that might give Laurel and Felicity something in common. Neither of them said it back, and now they can't.

I don't think Thea has any idea Felicity is anything to Oliver. But she will know that Felicity and Roy are spending an awful lot of time together, and Oliver is "out of town" and apparently Diggle is too. So, that may land Felicity on her radar.

Last edited by thecatbastet; 12-11-2014 at 12:03 PM
Old 12-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I see this falling to Roy. Roy has a connection with her already, and he knows first hand what it's like to have a murder you unknowingly committed kept secret. Will he keep it from her? I think felicity will because Oliver told her how he felt she shouldn't know. But I think Roy's own personal experience with it, plus how he feels about Thea...if Oliver is "dead", I have a feeling Roy may tell all. The whole thing. Because he never wanted to keep secrets from her and she is decidedly not safe already since she's in cahoots with Malcolm.
Thats a good point I guess Im just trying to workout how Felicity and Thea who have never interacted before have significant scenes coming up

I think Felicity or even Roy and Diggle could try and get Thea to see Malcolm for who he is while trying to keep her from the knowledge of what she did.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

ARROW shoots scene for episode 313 with Stephen amell & Colton Haynes on a rooftop as The Arrow & Arsenal.

Canadagraphs pointless tumblr page, ARROW shoots scene for episode 313 with Stephen...
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-43,NJH D-143 OSW D-169, J-Hope D-170, Jinyoung-D-191 JK-D-408

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-21 LDH D-379
Old 12-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Total Fan

One random question I had about the Mid-season finale: What happened to the upgraded Arrow suit Cisco made? Because the one Oliver wore looked the same as always...
Old 12-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
One random question I had about the Mid-season finale: What happened to the upgraded Arrow suit Cisco made? Because the one Oliver wore looked the same as always...
He wore it, look at the pic below, see the studs on the arm? That's the new suit. It looks essentially the same other than that. More armor, more pockets.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
Thats a good point I guess Im just trying to workout how Felicity and Thea who have never interacted before have significant scenes coming up

I think Felicity or even Roy and Diggle could try and get Thea to see Malcolm for who he is while trying to keep her from the knowledge of what she did.
I don't know when we'll get those scenes, only that they are coming on the back half. It could be they talk about Oliver if they think he's dead, I dunno. I just desperately want things to not be kept from Thea anymore. She said it best to Walter, I think in 2b. "All we needed was the truth." The only thing that makes me a little happy they went the brainwashing route/mind control is that Thea can come back from that (versus killing Sara of her own volition) and still become speedy. They even gave her a red cloak, use of Mia in Corto Maltese, etc. I don't want her kept in the dark if Oliver is dead, a la Quentin.

Cat, the absolutely could allow some felicity laurel bonding, I mean laurel lost him for five years under much shadier circumstances/betrayal, but they have made it pretty clear that they have no interest in developing that. Which is why I am so delighted in spoilers for Thea/felicity. It makes me sad they let the Thea/laurel friendship fall by the wayside...she helped her a lot in s1
Old 12-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Cat, the absolutely could allow some felicity laurel bonding, I mean laurel lost him for five years under much shadier circumstances/betrayal, but they have made it pretty clear that they have no interest in developing that. Which is why I am so delighted in spoilers for Thea/felicity. It makes me sad they let the Thea/laurel friendship fall by the wayside...she helped her a lot in s1
I really mean that Laurel never got to say it to Tommy, and Felicity never said it to Oliver. That's the real parallel.

And I strongly suspect their menfolk will be showing back up around the same time, so.

Oh, and over on Flash, Caitlin's bae showed back up. It's all these men showing back up in their women's lives, on both shows.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetboysfan (View Post)
anyone besides me feel like the ... means it has been filmed?

P.S. went back a few pages... I see our goal over hiatus is get put in timeout again....

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)

Last edited by LadyChaos; 12-11-2014 at 02:31 PM
Old 12-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChaos (View Post)
anyone besides me feel like the ... means it has been filmed?

P.S. went back a few pages... I see our goal over hiatus is get put in timeout again....
Well he gave the same reply to someone who asked if Thea/Felicity have scenes didn't he? And then we got the spoiler that they were going to be interacting a lot in the second half.

So maybe....I actually do think we will get a Olicity sex scene this season call me crazy. I even thought it might be in 3x09. Frankly Oliver got rammed through with a sword he has earn't a little something-something from the girl he loves

ETA: another random thought. This is now the second boyfriend Felicity has had that she has believed is dead and had to mourn. I wonder if Oliver will be changed as much as Cooper is when he returns as well.

Last edited by pollock; 12-11-2014 at 02:52 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread