Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Nice picture, Thanks for sharing .

EDIT:

http://tvline.com/2016/02/06/the-fla...-ask-ausiello/
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-38,NJH D-138 OSW D-164, J-Hope D-165, Jinyoung-D-186 JK-D-403

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-16 LDH D-374

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 02-06-2016 at 09:49 AM
Old 02-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Yeah, that has nothing to do with Thea and Laurel still learning the ropes. That's simply how this show writes female characters in fight scenes. Just look at Sara. She is absolutely unstoppable on LOT, but on Arrow, she was getting knocked down every week and Oliver repeatedly had to come in and save her at the last second.
Seriously, I love Sara on LOT. She gets to be happy, funny, even quirky while still struggling with her blood lust. That cast is way bigger than Arrow yet I mange to understand EVERY single ****ing character on that show. Sara is a beast on LOT. Sometimes I wish Arrow wouldn't be so god damn serious and when they try to be light don't be so fake about it.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

They won't let the female superhereoes excel on Arrow because the entire show is about propping Oliver. They don't seem to understand that you can let others excel and its not a disservice to your lead. I love Sara on LOT. She's like big pile of kick-ass sunshine. I wish they'd let her come back and bond with Laurel instead of having her come back to **** Oliver.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I feel like TPTB made a mistake making this show only around the Green Arrow. You can't do that when you have the Black Canary who in many ways, is even a more powerful superhero than the Green Arrow. It falls flat and feels off. The Black Canary is way too massive of a superhero not to be showcased, let alone the dynamic between the Green Arrow and Black Canary that is criminally being ignored on Arrow.

The Flash works because while there's other superheroes around Barry, they aren't nearly as big time as The Flash is. Caitlin's story as Killer Frost is just heating up on E2 and maybe even E1. Cisco is vibbing and I assume we'll see more of his story too. But still, Barry is THE superhero on The Flash.

The biggest mistake TPTB made was when they decided to have the Green Arrow and Black Canary on a show together and then throw the Black Canary to the side and act like she's not there half the time. Huh? The Black Canary in many ways is more powerful than the Green Arrow. Come on now. It is so off, man. I get that Arrow has decided to basically open up a trash can and ditch the comics all together. Still, the Black Canary exists on this show and not demonstrating what she's all about is so ridiculous.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetboysfan (View Post)
Hmmmm can't wait! Wonder what that decision will be. I love emotional Oliviry moments (as long as they are happy ones lol!)
Old 02-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the Olicity spoiler! Sounds good! Maybe something like setting the wedding date? Since 4x14 has the wedding fast approaching and apparently an engagement party. And SA used ting to describe 4x15. Sounds like wedding stuff is coming up. Maybe they were both thinking the other thought they should wait on the wedding to see if they find a way for her to walk again but then they talk and decide her walking or not doesn't matter, they just want to be married. Her father being back could bring up abandonment issues and she did have that moment in the hospital of wondering if Oliver would want her in a wheelchair so she could be wondering why they haven't really discussed the wedding as far as we know. Could be a a reaffirming of the wheelchair not stopping them from moving forward in their relationship. So maybe they decide to move forward as normal and plan the wedding. Or something like that. Idk, but I think it's going to be a good thing for them! Can't wait!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 02-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetboysfan (View Post)
Thanks for the spoiler Hazel

Hmmm interesting It could be the wedding date but Wendy makes it sound more personal to Felicity. Could it be around her and Olivers physical relationship maybe?
Old 02-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
Thanks for the spoiler Hazel

Hmmm interesting It could be the wedding date but Wendy makes it sound more personal to Felicity. Could it be around her and Olivers physical relationship maybe?
Idk,maybe. Could be about kids too. Although I wouldn't call any decision about kids a very small thing nor is it a one conversation decision, so I'm very doubtful on that. As for their physical relationship, I'm just not sure if I see this show actually exploring that kind of thing (sex with spinal injury), especially not at length. That's seems more like something they'd just gloss over. And like I said it seems wedding stuff is coming up so it feels related to that. Idk, but I'm excited to find out what it is!

^Emily Kinney is appearing on Arrow! Apparently for 4x17. Exciting! Should be a big Felicity episode! Donna is in it, lots of Curtis it seems, and her Flash nemesis is back.Would be cool if her father showed up for this episode too, but still sounds like will be Felicity centered to some degree. Can't wait!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 02-06-2016 at 03:51 PM
Old 02-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the tweets.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
jannete ‏@jmorales1690 · 1h1 hour ago
Someone tell @mguggenheim we aren't looking for him to mansplain the baby mama lie. What about Felicity's feelings/POV?
Quote:
Marc Guggenheim
‏@mguggenheim @jmorales1690 I suspect we'll learn all about 'em once Felicity discovers Oliver's been lying to her.
https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/stat...44829965676544
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-38,NJH D-138 OSW D-164, J-Hope D-165, Jinyoung-D-186 JK-D-403

Old 02-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome .

Old 02-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

apparentyl the writers are planning to do Laurel flashbacks.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Here is the full response
Quote:
hello-ember61 asked:
Mr. producer. Hello Goodnight. I wonder if at some point we will have given flashbacks of Laurel or a chapter devoted to it? The fans know all about Laurel or she hides things?

We’re talking about a Laurel flashback in the writers room right now, actually.
Marc Guggenheim — Mr. producer. Hello Goodnight. I wonder if at some...

No other real spoilers came out of MGs answers.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Not exactly spoilers but interesting bits from Marc's answers

Quote:
Will Felicity be self-defense training when back up on her feet to at least fight off the weakest of a criminal? #Arrow

Who says she’s getting back up on her feet?
Quote:
Any possible chance of either Slade or Walter returning throughout the rest of Season 4? #Arrow

The character of Slade Wilson is currently tied up in another DC project. Walter is more likely.
Quote:
Hey Marc! Recently, DC All Access asked Emily Rickards about Felicity suiting up, which re-ignited the debate over "Felicity doesn't need a suit to be a hero!" vs. "Why should Felicity be excluded from a suited hero destiny "just because it's Felicity." So -- and I mean this from a non-spoiler, purely philosophical writery musings sort of way -- why would/should Felicity suit up vs. reasons why she shouldn't? I think this could be a fascinating discussion.

I think Felicity is absolutely a hero. I don’t think one needs to have a costume to be a hero. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be ANY heroes in the real world, right?

All that being said – and I know that I’ll probably catch hell for this – but if Felicity is going to get a superhero costume, it will probably have to be after I leave the show.
Quote:
Will the huntress return?

We’d like her to. We had an idea for an episode this year, but Jessica was unavailable and I wouldn’t dream of doing the Huntress without her!
Quote:
Hey Marc, Oliver's line from last night about running back and forth to Central City left a very bad taste in my mouth. I'm taking Felicity's lack of reaction as knowing he was going to CC, which means Oliver is now lying about his reason for going there. I really hope there's a way to salvage this story line that doesn't make Oliver an utter ******* and Felicity a shrew or a martyr. I hate stupid Oliver. Stupid Oliver is not a compelling protagonist. Fix it, please.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. As a father of two, I can forgive Oliver for lying in order to have a relationship with his child.
Quote:
That was a good episode and you know why? Less Romance, More action and MORE ACTION! Please keep writing such episodes! Bring back Roy Harper!!! He really shined in this episode and we all miss him!

We love Roy and we love Colton. He’s welcome back whenever he wants! Glad you liked the episode. Thanks for watching.
Quote:
Hi Marc. I wonder if we will have returns of characters like John Constantine, or Helena Bertinelli. Or appearances of new characters like Green Lantern and Zatanna .. thanks greetings from Mexico.

Constantine was always going to be a one-off, per DC. We wanted Helena back this year, but couldn’t make it work with Jessica’s schedule. Green Lantern is unavailable due to features. I’m not sure about Zatanna.
Quote:
Hello Mr. Marc Guggenheim. I have a great doubt. It is true that the actress Katie Cassidy decided to leave? or is it just a rumor? I hope not bother to answer. thanks.

Total rumor. And a false one, at that.
Quote:
Are we going to see Damien Darhk fight on level with Ra's Al Ghul , since they trained together in the league? or is Oliver going to just beat him automatically once Damiens Magic goes away? If Damien trained with Ra's he should be a WAY better fighter than Oliver.

I agree with you. Stay tuned.
Quote:
Just curious, have you guys started thinking about/planning for Arrow, season 5?

We’ve reached the point in the season where, yes, we organically start talking about ideas for the next season. We’ve got some interesting ones for 5!
Quote:
will we see Laurel get her metahuman Canary Cry? i love the mechanical one but it seems like its losing it's effect. Like in episode 4x10, Laurel uses it right in front of Anarky, but it barely does anything. I would love to see the canary cry that causes people to go unconscious/ makes ears bleed. That would be so awesome

If we had some story reason to make Laurel a metahuman, we’d absolutely do it. But we never craft a storyline for any of the characters because of, or in order to bring them into line with, the comics.
Quote:
Whoever is in the grave needs to be a regular cast member. You have been pimping up this death so much and promising a shocking impact that it would be a copout to kill anybody other than a regular. Since we know it's not Oliver or Felicity, for this death to even mean anything it has to be Lance, Laurel, Thea, or Diggle. If it's anybody other than one of them, then we know you guys chickened out.

Hey, I haven’t been pimping anything. I haven’t had the time!
Quote:
okay, so since you are making the olicity fandom happy all the time, why not give us, lauriver fandom, a scene of an alternate universe which has Laurel and Oliver as a married couple just like in the comics? since your audience is not just the olicity fandom, you should show respect to the other ones who watch it for the other elements in the show but not for the olicity.

I know you won’t believe me, but we really don’t make creative choices based upon the will of the internet. Nor do we base those choices on the comics.

That said, if it were organic, true to the show, and we had a great idea for an episode – sure, we’d do an alternate universe story.

But it’s not about satisfying one particular fandom over another. Really.
Quote:
Hey Marc! With Oliver a kid, Oliver & Felicity looking at marriage, is there going to come a point soon where we hear Felicity's thoughts on having kids? Because so far, we have no idea where her head is, really, on kids. Does she want them? Does she want to be a mom? Is she ready for kids? It would be nice to get some perspective on it from her.

I agree, but Felicity is really young. Emily is in her 20s. I think it’s too early for her to be thinking about kids. (He says, bracing himself for backlash.)
Quote:
Hey Marc! Question that's been bugging me. The hole nano technology thing was used to safe a life last season and was used later for the show shrinking suit. So why not use it for Felicity and her nerve damage? Did I miss an explanation somewhere? Thanks!

It’s not a magic cure-all.
Quote:
What do you have planned for Vixen's visit to Arrow in live action? Is there anything you can tease for her fans storywise? Or is she going to used once to serve as a comic book nod and tossed off in the same manner as Lady Cop? Careful, Marc...you're developing a pattern here.

Last night, I locked the cut of the episode where Vixen appears (415). Future appearances of Vixen will depend on (a) Megalyn’s availability and (b) if we have a compelling story to tell. As for Lady Cop, she’ll be returning next year. (She’d be back this year, but Rutina is doing a pilot.)
Quote:
So in love with this week's episode! Emily Bett needs an Emmy nomination for this season's amazing work! As a HUGE Olicity fan, on a scale of 1 bottle - 10 bottles how many should I have stock piled for future episodes (4x15)?

For 415? By a vineyard.
Quote:
A little off topic but... Watching Agent Carter and was wondering, are the challenges of writing a non-costume/non-masked comic heroine -- like Peggy Carter, like Felicity Smoak -- different than those who are? Why do you think there's a resistance by some to label Felicity a super hero (cause there's no mask) while that same obstacle doesn't exist for Peggy Carter? Both are intelligence, capable, highly skilled women who take no crap, never doubt their worth & save people...what's up with that?

I love comparisons between Peggy and Felicity. I think they’re both awesome heroes, awesome characters. But putting anyone “in costume” requires a certain kind of leap. I was very trepidatious about doing it with Diggle, for example. The potential for it to feel silly is high – regardless of gender.
Quote:
Hey Marc, where's Curtis Holt been lately? Any chance he makes an appearance in the near future?

Yup! Lots of Curtis coming. We need to work around Echo’s availability.
Quote:
Fire Bamford or tell him to up the game! Increase the intensity and length of the ****ing fight scenes man. They all have been too short. Also Oliver was trained by Ra's himself so how the **** did anarchy singlehandely beat him in the recent episode????

Bam isn’t going anywhere. Sorry. I’d quit the show before I saw him fired.
Quote:
hi marc is the vixen web series canon in the arrowverse?

Yes.
I did find what he said about Katie interesting and I always lol when I realise Emily's younger than me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread