Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I miss Doug too, I wish they would show more 90s cartoons on Nick more. I thought about buying season one soon on Amazon.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Cool! Let me know how that goes. I'm so tempted to buy the DVDs but I'm saving for a camera.
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

It comes on Nicktoons channel early in the morning but yeah, it was a good cartoon.
Haley Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Was it a regular episode? Cause the only time I've ever seen Doug on TV these days is the Christmas special where Porkchop gets send to the pound for "biting" Bebe's leg.

Same thing goes for Hey Arnold.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Total Fan

I didn't know Doug was on dvd. I would love to buy the dvds.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
MBfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

As far as I know, Doug (as well as Hey Arnold and Rugrats) are sold exclusively on Amazon.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Total Fan

It's always great to re-watch childhood cartoons. Brings back old memories

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
MBfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

How can you forget Principal Butsavich?

YouTube - Doug Graduates - Looking for Principal Buttsavich
Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Elite Fan

With the cable now back in another room, I get to catch up with the whole 90s block that Teen Nick is having. And this includes Doug.

Mayor for the Day: When Patti announces to everyone else on the bus that Doug pulled out the mayor slip from the pile, they all react with a groan. Heh. But for some reason, now that I'm older, I watch this episode and wonder if there is a subtle political satire that reflects on our current US government. I'm pretty sure it's not intentional on the writer's part. But when looking at the situation our government is in with all these debts, cutbacks, pay freezes, wars, education, and so forth, you wonder the kind of pressure the leader is under.

In this episode, Doug is mayor for the day, and underneath Mr. Bone's pressure that if his report is not up to standard, it'll go on his permanent record. When a call hits the mayor's office, it turns out it's Mr. Swirley, panicking that his ice cream factory is going through a melt down and asking Mayor White what to do. But the mayor hangs up, panics, and runs out, leaving Doug to somewhat pick up the pieces. After a second call, Doug gives Mr. Swirley some advice, and there's your typical ending.

It's this one particular line that Mayor White has spoken when the media and paparazzi comes in to question the mayor about his actions regarding the ice cream factory, that sort of made me ponder a little.

"No, I'm the mayor. I'm never responsible. This youngin' here..."

Yes, it's part of Mayor White's character, but I couldn't help but wonder of the possible subtle reflection.

By the way, it's not that I'm taking this episode seriously. I think it's more of one of those things where when you're a kid, you don't really notice these sort of things; you have fun watching them at entertainment value. But when you're older, you still have fun watching the episode/show, as I did, but this time, you pick up on the subtle little things.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

can i be added to the op? thanks! i loved this cartoon!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Now that I have become a sorta Amazon junkie (as one friend claims I am), I'm looking up the DVDs for this show. Even for a used set, it's $35.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Do you still watch it on cable? I saw an episode recently, but forgot what time it aired.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

If you have the Teen Nick channel, they recently came out with The 90s are All That block which airs the following at the moment:

+All That
+Doug
+Clarissa Explains it All
+Keenan and Kel

I cannot give you an exact time because from what I read, they air the block at midnight. I don't know if it's for a specific time zone or for all time zones. For me, Doug airs at 7:30pm here and the same episode again at 9:30pm. Check your local listings or TV Guide, or whatever reliable source that gives you the time information.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Thanks. It airs at 10:30 p.m. here then again I believe 3 hours later. Today's episodes are ''Doug's Fair Lady'' & ''Doug Says Goodbye'' from season 1. Yesterday they were trying out for the the baseball team. Didn't catch the end of it though.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Doug Says Goodbye? Isn't that the episode where Skeeter and his family apparently moved away?
Reply   Post New Thread