Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I know! I loved those Cartoons as a kid. I don't really remember Ahh! Real Monsters that much though. Not as much as the Rugrats.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully this should boost your memory

And a few clips
YouTube - Intro Ahhh real monsters
YouTube - Snorched if You Don't (1/3)
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh! Yeah, I remember that show. I watched it when I was really little. But I do remember it now.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'm just surprised Doug is out on DVD. I mean, the only thing they play even annually is the Christmas Special where Porkchop apparently bit Bebe on the leg.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I know. I was surprised too.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG, there is a God and he loves us! I cannot believe Hey Arnold and Doug are on DVD! Talk about Fan Service in major doses (I hope they don't take forever to release the rest of the seasons). My Sibblings and I loved this show, it was awesome! I always wanted Doug to confess Patti, I can't even remember if he did. Skeeter was my favorite character.

Now all we need is Angry Beavers and is the world is nearly set right.
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
J.R. MacReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. MacReady (View Post)
OMG, there is a God and he loves us! I cannot believe Hey Arnold and Doug are on DVD! Talk about Fan Service in major doses (I hope they don't take forever to release the rest of the seasons). My Sibblings and I loved this show, it was awesome! I always wanted Doug to confess Patti, I can't even remember if he did. Skeeter was my favorite character.

Now all we need is Angry Beavers and is the world is nearly set right.
Welcome to the thread. Apparently, a bunch of old school Nickelodeon cartoons can be found on Amazon. Too bad they haven't struck the stores. Gives me a reason to not look at the Jimmy Neutron/Fairly Odd parents DVDs that have plagued the racks.

I don't remember if Doug confessed to Patti that he liked her. Maybe he might have in the Disney version but I never watched that version.

What I do remember is that Patti and Doug did go to the movies together in the Nickelodeon version.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
Welcome to the thread. Apparently, a bunch of old school Nickelodeon cartoons can be found on Amazon. Too bad they haven't struck the stores. Gives me a reason to not look at the Jimmy Neutron/Fairly Odd parents DVDs that have plagued the racks.

I don't remember if Doug confessed to Patti that he liked her. Maybe he might have in the Disney version but I never watched that version.

What I do remember is that Patti and Doug did go to the movies together in the Nickelodeon version.
Ugh, I do not like Jimmy Neutron. Never did.

Anyways, I think I remember that episode... kinda of a fuzzy recollection though.
- The Farron Sisters
Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

The DVDs are manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. That's what it says on Amazon's website. That's why they are only available on Amazon.
cheersgifoltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheersgifoltc (View Post)
The DVDs are manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. That's what it says on Amazon's website. That's why they are only available on Amazon.
Well as long as the Video Quality isn't terrible (at the very least HQ by Standard DVD Terms), I can't complain about how its been recorded.
- The Farron Sisters
Old 10-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

This is according to Amazon in regards to the DVD

Quote:
Rewind the clock and step back in time to one of Nickelodeon's original hits, starring Douglas Yancey Funnie... you might know him better as Doug! Now, you can tune in to the complete first season with this Season 1 Collection - 3 full-length DVDs - featuring more than 10 episodes of Doug and life as he adjusts to a brand new town where brand new friends and brand new adventures await! Featuring must-have episodes like, Doug Bags a Nematode, Doug Gets His Ears Lowered, Doug is Quailman, and more!

This disc is expected to play back in DVD Video"play only" devices, and may not play in other DVD devices, including recorders and PC drives.

This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Doug was amazing. I wish they would bring back the older shows lik Doug and Rugrats.
Sami
candyycircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

Hey candyycircus

Yeah, I wish they brought back some of the old shows. But we can be a bit happy at the moment that Amazon has released these on DVDs.

Now all I need to do is save up on my checking card.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Thats awsome! I mean, I feel so lame cause Im 19 and all but I freakin love the old cartoons. I might have to buy some
Sami
candyycircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyycircus (View Post)
Thats awsome! I mean, I feel so lame cause Im 19 and all but I freakin love the old cartoons. I might have to buy some
Yeah, same here. I love old cartoon shows and I'm 19 too. They're just fun to watch. I'm always so surprised after I watch an old cartoon show that I watched when I was younger and actually like it now as an adult. These shows are timeless.