Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 3 was good. Heck, it was great.

I'm just... gah. I'm just not thrilled with what's to come.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny.

There are things I'm dreading, things I know I'll view differently, and things I'm really looking forward to. Bawling not being one of them.

Kim
Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know... I wonder how I'll handle the 9/11 stuff this time around. It was so primal on the first watch, my cousin being involved and everything...

I haven't really watched that stuff since then. So I wonder if I'll be able to take a step back this time around.

And, yeah, Bobby... Gah.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The 9/11 episodes are going to probably take us right back to those moments, but like you Sunny, I'm trying to be able to keep a distance.

Bobby, won't be able to keep any distance on that.

Kim
Old 03-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I know... I wonder how I'll handle the 9/11 stuff this time around. It was so primal on the first watch, my cousin being involved and everything...

I haven't really watched that stuff since then. So I wonder if I'll be able to take a step back this time around.

And, yeah, Bobby... Gah.
I know. I couldn't even watch the true 9/11 factual show. It was too hard at the time.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My mind has kind of blocked out most of that. A way to get by I guess. Are those in this season, or next? I can't remember.

Kim
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beginning of next.

It happened in the "summer" between the second and third season. And they must have rewritten a good portion of stuff they had to have filmed already in order to include it.

I mostly remember because it's what brought me back to the show. It was hard, but it did me so much good. It was cathartic for me. And it helped me be grateful that my cousin lived.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny. That is definitely a good thing.

Kim
Old 03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is.

It kinda had to be, for me to get over what they did to Bobby.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know why it is, but I expect death of major characters ever since I saw OZ-week after week the main people were killed off, so I expect that.

Doesn't mean I like it though, and I fall apart for a while.

Kim
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I don't get American cable stations, so I never watched Oz. I have to say that I've always made a distinction between those shows, which feel inherently more gritty, and network shows.

With network shows, I don't expect nor want characters to keep dying. I'm sorry, but I get plenty of that from the real world. I look to my TV shows... maybe not to keep me in a bubble of happiness per se (otherwise, why would I keep watching Supernatural or Criminal Minds or whatever?), but to at least treat me with respect as a viewer. Killing characters left and right is not my thing. If it were, I'd watch 24. That show, you know it'll happen.

I mean, I understand the appeal of making your audience feel something by murdering a character they loved. But, to me, it just comes down to "then why did I bother getting attached in the first place?"
Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely understand how you feel.

I think with me, it's different because it's usually not a character that I'm attached to that dies, but the people who survive and dealing with that.

However, it's been a long time since I've watched a show where any character I like dies, so it's probably a who new emotional bomshell for me now.

Kim
Old 03-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I get that, too.

In my admittedly limited experience, there usually isn't a whole lot of coping going on, though. It's like, someone I felt was awesome dies and, a show or two later, it's like "Next!"
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, the shows often have to rush past one storyline to get to the next in m opinion.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, and I don't appreciate that so much.