Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Third Watch Season Two Discussion Part #1

THE LOST - Season Priemiere 10/02/00

In the season premiere, Sully and other police officers race against time to find a man who was buried alive by kidnappers, an emotion shared by the single and lonely Sully who feels entombed by his routine existence -- a point hammered home when he learns that his Alzheimer's-afflicted mother has disappeared. Elsewhere, paramedic Bobby finds a tattered and lost 4-year-old boy who brings out his fatherly instincts; Carlos befriends a homeless man's personable cockatoo and becomes concerned when animal services targets it to be euthanized; Doherty remains hospitalized from his shooting in last season's finale; and Officer Yokas keeps a secret from her husband (guest star Chris Bauer).

FAITH 10/09/00

When a fed-up Officer Yokas discovers that she's pregnant, she ponders a personal decision that would have been previously unthinkable as she helps track a rapacious rapist who's terrorizing the neighborhood. On the domestic watch, Yokas is exasperated with her feckless husband (guest star Chris Bauer) while her partner, a jealous Officer Bosco, makes a tactical blunder when he confronts his girlfriend Nicole (guest star Nahanni Johnstone) about salacious rumors.

FOUR DAYS 10/16/00

In the fallout after a murderous fast-food robbery, Doc carries a huge racial chip on his shoulder when he realizes how the media coverage centers on the white victim rather than the wounded African-Americans -- and he courts disaster when he openly challenges white cops as they arrest black suspects in the field. In the meantime, Doc meets a resourceful TV reporter (Nancy O'Dell, 'Access Hollywood'), ponders the fate of a hospitalized shooting victim and must make a crucial no-win decision about treating a wanted suspect (guest star Eugene Byrd).

JIMMY'S MOUNTAIN 10/23/00

After being severely shot in the season finale, firefighter Doherty fights pain and fear when he returns to the station a bit prematurely for a full day of emergencies, but he can't admit to himself that his physical weakness prevents him from peak performance -- and his stubborn pride just might get himself and other fire personnel killed. Meanwhile, a reserved female firefighter (guest star Amy Carlson) transfers in under a cloud of suspicion after she previously charged a popular fireman with sexual harassment.

KIM'S HOPE CHEST 10/30/00

After a determined Kim (Kim Raver) tries to heroically save the unborn child of an accident victim, she has a more difficult time confronting her own relationships as she makes a desperate play for Doherty in the faint hope of rekindling their romance -- and uniting their fractured family. Kim's sudden quest for a 'normal' family is spurred by concern for her young son (guest star Kristopher Scott Fiedel) after he plays with matches and starts a fire at school. Despite her efforts to hold onto a candy-coated past and re-invent a future, she eventually must be brutally honest to deal with the real and imagined wounds inflicted by her mother (guest star Anne Twomey) and sister (guest star Marisa Ryan).

THE TYS THAT BIND 11/16/00

When Officer Davis rescues a traffic reporter from a sinking helicopter, he meets an attractive, adoring young woman (guest star Sarah Ramirez) whose revelation quickly darkens his mood, puts him at odds with his partner Sully and haunts him with the memory of his dead father. Davis gets an eyeful when he rides with the reckless, rule-bending Officer Bosco while they and other cops search for a soulless brick thrower whose missiles have killed two people and wounded many others in moving vehicles.

AFTER HOURS 11/20/00

In an unusual, if slightly surreal change-of-pace, the off-duty paramedics, cops and Doherty blow off steam after witnessing a harrowing fiery car crash that killed some teenagers -- but even as they try to drown their memories in booze and clumsy attempts at romance, the faces of the victims keep haunting them throughout their night of escapades. Meanwhile, they encounter an innocent teenaged girl (guest star Susan May Pratt), a cute young couple (guest stars Mike Figueroa and Amanda Bernero) and a curious but helpful young man (guest star Matt Emmich).

KNOW THYSELF 11/27/00

While the cops search the city for an overturned busload of escaped convicts, a distracted Officer Yokas must confront her deteriorating domestic crisis when she visits her alcoholic father (guest star George Dzundza, 'Law & Order') and long-suffering mother (guest star Mia Farrow, 'Hannah and Her Sisters') -- and a resentful Yokas sadly sees startling similarities in their lives and her own. In her own home, her alcoholic husband (guest star Chris Bauer) asks her to move out and her job leaves little time to establish a motherly bond with her young kids. Meanwhile, some convicts remain fugitives -- including a sex offender.

RUN OF THE MILL 12/04/00

When a shocked Taylor (new series regular Amy Carlson) accidentally stumbles upon Doherty in a compromising position with another woman at his bachelor party, she compounds the problem by confiding in Bobby -- and soon the juicy story spreads like wildfire throughout the firehouse. Meanwhile, Sully grieves over the attempted suicide of an elderly man (guest star Jack Klugman) who once was his local neighborhood cobbler.

HISTORY 12/18/00

Doc is haunted by the darkest secret of his life when he bumps into his former high school girlfriend (guest star Khandi Alexander) who reminds him of their life-changing deed 20 years before -- and though he tries to channel his guilt and rage, his emotions spill over as he chastizes his partner Taylor during an attempted resuscitation. Meanwhile, Doc's regular workmate, Carlos, desperately tries to keep from failing a crucial genetics exam that could cost him his shot at becoming a doctor, and is even willing to debase himself and a classmate (guest star Claire Alpren) to keep his dream alive.

A HERO'S REST 01/15/01

The street cops watch their backs while an anonymous sniper is on the loose, leaving a wake of murdered and wounded officers while Bosco ponders an errant bullet meant for him, and Davis watches helplessly as a fellow officer dies in his arms -- reminding him of his own father's death on the beat. Meanwhile, some officers like Yokas pause to reflect on their own families and are tempted to call in sick until the shooter is arrested, and Bosco butts heads with a new field sergeant (guest star Brad Beyer) who has reason to hold a grudge against him.

TRUE LOVE 01/22/01

Fists fly as a vengeful Officer Bosco risks everything when he tears after his sobbing mother's abusive boyfriend following another beating, while Firefighter Doherty gets ambushed by a seething fellow fireman, Lombardo (guest star Nick Sandow), who spitefully pays him back double for seducing his girlfriend. Also, the loveless Officer Sully meets an attractive -- and interested -- Ukrainian neighbor, Tatiana (guest star Savannah Haske), and finally summons the courage to ask her out.

A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE 02/05/01

Officers Yokas and Bosco are trapped undetected with Carlos and a wounded Doc in a dark, abandoned basement where their radios are useless, and as they ponder their fate, Doc's life seeps away -- while their only hope might be a vengeful gang of drug runners who are certain to return for a lucrative heroin stash. Elsewhere, Officer Sully tries to cover for the missing Bosco when the commanding officer decides that he's gold-bricking while Doherty and his fellow firefighters get into mischief during a long lull between calls.

REQUIEM FOR A BANTAMWEIGHT (THE SHOT) 02/12/01

Bobby risks his life when he is asked by Gina (guest star Judy Reyes), a former girlfriend to help his old childhood friend Paulie (guest star Kirk Acevedo), a would-be pugilist whose career quickly flamed out and is now a hopeless junkie near death. While Bobby wonders what his life could have been with the now-married Gina, he is torn apart watching his sick running mate who would sell his soul -- and anyone else's -- for a dime bag. Meanwhile, Officer Sully is shocked to meet the 'other' man in the life of Tatiana (guest star Savannah Haske), his new Ukrainian girlfriend, and he harbors some new doubts about her romantic motives.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS 02/26/01

When one of the paramedics goes down with a life-threatening gunshot wound, Bosco, Yokas and their fellow cops scour the city in search of the shooter -- a desperate drug addict (guest star Kirk Acevedo, 'Oz') who's on the run while hoping to score one last fix. Meanwhile, a helpless Kim watches the emergency room doctors labor to save the victim's life and casts a vindictive eye at the junkie's equally overwrought sister (guest star Judy Reyes).

THE SELF-IMPORTANCE OF BEING CARLOS 03/19/01

The loss of a beloved paramedic and the inability to save an elderly couple prompts the department to enroll in a stress debriefing which an increasingly rebellious Carlos views only as a means of dating the beautiful female counselor (guest star Dagmara Dominczyk). However, just when the callous paramedic thinks he's hit pay dirt with his quarry, he's jolted by the order to attend a sensitivity seminar with other hostile city workers -- including Officer Bosco. Elsewhere, Firefighter Doherty gets a scare from a former lover (guest star Caralyn Kozlowski).

HONOR 04/16/01

Doherty is pumped about playing a rival firefighting precinct in a grudge match football game -- where he is pitted against his longtime nemesis, a cocky and athletic fellow firefighter (guest star Jason Sehorn of the New York Giants) -- but a grim reality sets in when they must close ranks and fight a deceptively deadly warehouse inferno. Meanwhile, Doherty gulps hard when Brooke (guest star Eva LaRue, "Head Over Heels") serves him with divorce papers and he learns that his best friend's girlfriend (guest star Caralyn Kozlowski) -- who earlier cheated with him -- is pregnant.

WALKING WOUNDED 04/23/01

Officers Bosco and Yokas futilely scramble to get ahead of an expanding wave of death rolling through the city due to a bad batch of "China Red," a lethal mixture of heroin that is claiming addicts and users as fast as the paramedics can scoop them up -- and the cops must find the dealer who is the source. Elsewhere, Kim is still recoiling from her partner's murder while off-duty and no one hears her muted cries for help; likewise, Officer Sully sorts out his conflicted feelings for his practical-minded Ukrainian girlfriend Tatiana at the urging of his partner, Officer Davis.

MAN ENOUGH 04/30/01

Paramedic Doc's future approaches quickly when he proposes to Dr. Sara Morales (guest star Lisa Vidal) and then learns of her lucrative offer to move to Philadelphia. But even though Doc too could make more money there, he struggles to share her outright joy about their promising new lives together. Meanwhile, while he tries to ignore Carlos' gloomy ribbing, he fears that he might be perceived as playing a secondary role in his relationship with Sara. Elsewhere, Doc also intercedes on behalf of a pneumonia-stricken single mother (guest star Karen Young) and her troubled young son (guest star Joshua Harto) who needs medication and special attention.

EXPOSING FAITH 05/14/01

Officer Yokas feels abused and neglected when her romantic three-day weekend alone with her husband Fred (guest star Chris Bauer) crumbles after he enrolls in a foolish contest to win a truck, so she tarts herself up and takes a rebellious walk on the wild side -- where she encounters a bohemian artist (guest star Anthony DiSando) who liberates her like an alluring breath of fresh air. Meanwhile, Fred endures Officer Bosco's mind games as he duels him and other competitors-- including guest star Tim Meadows (NBC's "Saturday Night Live") -- for the keys to a monster truck that will go to the last man standing who has kept one hand on the vehicle. However, a weary Fred simmers when he cannot reach his footloose wife on her cell phone for more than 24 hours.

...AND ZEUS WEPT - Season Finale 05/21/01

While officers Davis, Sully, Bosco and Yokas rush to the scene of a school shooting to find wounded and dead students and teachers, paramedics Doc and Carlos and firefighters Doherty and Taylor each try desperately to help with the horrid situation, find the shooter and come to terms with the senseless violence. Meanwhile, Sully and girlfriend Tatiana ponder their future together and Kim struggles with her depression.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sunny and I decided it would be nice to start individual threads for each season of Third Watch. I know we have the "Welcome to Camelot" reruns thread, and it will still serve a good purpose if we need it to discuss random episodes we've seen that we aren't sure where it went, or whatever. Or if we end up not using that thread, and these eppy discussion ones instead, it's great. But at least with the season by season discussions, we can let those just now getting certain seasons overseas be able to discuss the season without being too spoiled on others.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Great idea.
I really loved season 2, almost as much as season 1. Though when Bobby died I was heartbroken.
Icon by neel luvs tony
Old 06-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Each season just had something so unique about it. The thing about Season Two was that we had gotten the hang of TW, the show, the characters, etc. THEN in season two we really got to live their lives, and it was well, real, and good.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I agree with you Karen and the fact that several eppies where told from the POV from the character was great too. That way we really got an insight and the opportunity to fully feel with the charcters. And well I think "Faith" is one of the most ouitstanding eppies in TV history. When I 1st watched it my jaw dropped. I couldn´t believe they let Faith have an abortion. It was really great to see taht they delt with a topic like that.

Last edited by ALEXA82; 06-11-2005 at 02:01 PM
Old 06-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh you are right on the "Faith" eppy. Blown away, and then, THAT led to everything that was the bane of Faith and Bos's initial troubles. It set up so much, you know?

But I had mixed feelings at times on the individual eppy focuses. Sometimes I felt they were too forced, that the characters could have been developed without a single force focus but all that carried out in stages the whole season. But I had never (still am not) a fan of single character focuses.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

I know what you mean...the Jimmy centric eppy was IMO the most boring TW eppy ever but who am I to comlplain about Bosco centric "True Love" and "A Hero´s Rest" and other great scenes...
Old 06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess we are/were just more into certain characters over others and that is ok.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:03 PM
New Fan

Does anyone remember After Hours? I think it's one of the best episodes of any tv show, ever. I was just watching the news and a thing came on about a car rolling, catching on fire and the passangers dying and I immediately thought of TW. That episode has such an effect on you after you watch it. My school showed it to everyone during and anti-drinking assembly and everyone was just in "shock" when it was over. Even thinking of the last 10 minutes of it has me like crying almost. It's such an emotional episode that definetly hits close to home for everyone. There was and EMT at that assembly and he said the way they portrayed the fire is exactly how it happens in real-life, theres nothing you can do, but watch the people alive trapped inside bang on the windows for help, but you can't help them. Thats such a haunting image for me....anyways just wanted to share my thoughts, does anyone remember this eppy?
Old 08-06-2005, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do I remember it? It has always been one of my FAVORITE episodes period.

Wait - your school showed that eppy? Oh how perfect and wonderful! As you said, it had such an effect to it, on everyone.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:24 AM
New Fan

It was so good. My school showed it right before a big party weekend, the Grey Cup (not sure if your Canadian or not, but its our version of the Superbowl) that was being held in my city, and so theres like 1000 kids sitting in the gym just like stunned, and if definetly made everyone think twice about drinking and driving. They should air this more often, even just showing it to the seniors before grad or something, cause I bet this episode has already in some way reduced the number of people that drink and drive.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

So had very many of the students seen the show before?
Old 08-06-2005, 03:13 PM
New Fan

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure none of my friends has even heard of it before. It got lots of students hooked on it though.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome. I do think it was my favorite eppy. Or it was for AGES. There might be a few in Season 5 or 6 that I like better now for storyline reasons, but wow, this was a great eppy.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

So this is the eppy you were telling me about, Sis? Sounds like an awesome one