Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sunny, WOW [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You really made a marvelous point. You are so right, Alex was the first *new* person under the Lt., she was also the only woman firefighter, and probably still yet the daughter of a friend.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I made a good point? Woohoo! [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] On a serious note, though, that would mean something, right? She was the new kid on the block, he was the new kid at his job, that's something in common.

Not to mention that its a different relationship, I would imagine, being the boss of a new person as opposed to being the boss of people you used to work with.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

*sigh* I just hope Lou gets to return, you know? And that we see Jimmy's reaction to not being around for Alex.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, yeah. If they phase out the fire squad, we get jipped out of one heck of a great storyline. Alex has to be honoured. If people don't react to her death, or if they say that they reacted over the summer and now they're okay, then she doesn't get her due.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, well I just bought the DVD set of the first season of CSI (and, by the way, why aren't we going to DVD already? [img]smilies/idea.gif[/img] ) and Amy's episode where is the fifth.

Thought you'd like to know.

[img]smilies/chase.gif[/img]

[ 07-12-2003: Message edited sunnykerr ]
Old 07-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Passionate Fan

What kind of role was Amy playing on CSI? Is it a big guest-star spot in that episode? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh it was pretty big alright. She played a principal of a private academy who had killed one of the major staff members.

She admitted it right off the bat, but, I think, made it look like self-defense. When, it turned out, it was more like murder.

Shall I go on? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2003, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You information tease!

I know I've seen it-cause I was addicted in season 1, I just don't remember it. Heh-too busy drooling over Gil. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

That USA thing she's in with Tom Berrenger-is it a series, or a movie. Cause I saw a promo for it (about him) and it sounded like a series of a detective in the old west, with modern investigative methods. What I'm wondering is if it's a series, is she a regular, or just guesting.

Sigh...I wish they'd do my season 5 idea and bring her back in a flashback episode-tie up all the stuff. Though, I couldn't blame her if she was a little ticked that her role was basically cut, then killed.

Kim
Old 07-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

She didn't seem too ticked when she left, though. I mean, she is an actress, so I guess she could just have been doing the "burn no bridges" thing. But, I think that that, in itself, means that she could be open to come back.

[ 07-28-2003: Message edited sunnykerr ]
Old 07-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True-she seemed sad and disappointed-which is human. There was so much potential for her character.

So, yeah, I'm going with your theory. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Kim
Old 07-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that's giving that her new series (if indeed it is a series) allows her to come back for a full episode. Because it would suck if she just came back for two seconds. And it would make no sense. Though, come to think of it, it might be beautiful as all hell.

Ty's going through a rough patch. Struggling with his inner demons or what not. Has a really hard time of it. Comes to some resolution. Comes home, goes to bed. And then we see Alex watching over him.

Very beautiful. But, as it happens, not very Third Watch. So I'll stick with flashbacks.

However, if they do it with Amy, they better darn well do it with Bobby. I still miss him darn it!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh-that would be beautiful Sunny.

ITA--but I get the feeling Bobby C. really wanted out of there, badly.

I think I'll do the same with Alex as I did with Bobby--not think about him because it makes me too sad. I get that feeling in the pit of my stomach. When I re-watch the episodes, I have to pretend he's a guest star.

Damn! If only TW was more Buffy like, and they could get them back in. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Well, then I guess it wouldn't be TW, and it certainly wouldn't be as tragic when they blow people in half.... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Kim
Old 07-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know. It was like the beginning of Meet Joe Black. Have you ever seen it? Well, even if you haven't, it won't ruin anything for you to hear about this accident that happens at the beginning. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

This guy is crossing a street while looking back (i.e. no "left, right, then left again") and he gets hits by this car. Violently. He goes flying into the air and then this truck comes from the other direction and just slams into him. [img]smilies/hammer_head.gif[/img]

Like, do you think he's dead? I mean, are you sure? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

That's what Alex's death was like. Blown up in two pieces... think she could have made it? [img]smilies/smirk.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

But, no, now we have a Bobby Angel and an Alex Angel.

[img]smilies/angel.gif[/img] [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]

ETA: Any specific reason one can't use the word "ram" as a verb on this thread? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 07-29-2003: Message edited sunnykerr ]
Old 07-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] The word r*a*m*s is from the name of another message board that they don't like posted. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Makes it really hard for Karen to post about her football team too.

And, sometimes it makes it seem like you said something really bad the way the sentence is put together. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Of course, I'm that easily ammused.

I know--not just dead-really dead. Reminds me of that Wizard of Oz song in Munchkin land. HA--wonder how the munchkins would've reacted to a blown in half witch. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I'm gonna have to see if I can endure Brad Pitt long enough to watch all of Meet Joe Black. I've only seen bits and pieces.

LMAO-maybe they just want to make sure no one can even write any fanfiction that Alex is still alive.

Kim
Old 07-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, you don't have to endure Brad Pitt all that long to see the scene I talked about. It is at the very beginning of the movie, otherwise I would have never have brought it up.

And the only reason I did was because Alex's death reminded me so much of that scene. [img]smilies/hammer_head.gif[/img] Lord I love that smilie! But, yeah, it's like... leaves no possible doubt in your mind.

Regarding the whole r*a*m*s issue... feels kinda stupid. I suppose I understand the censorship, but it's the perfectly good verb! "Slam" just doesn't have the same impact, you know?