Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-26-2003, 03:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes it was good, it's split into three eras/ generations. Amy played a girl from the sixties/seventies, she wasn't one of the main characters but seeing as there wasn't many cast members to begin with, she still had a recognisable role. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I had heard about Amy having some movie roles, but I've never seen any of them.

Will anyone tune into her pilot to see it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I might if it is on a time I can watch, though her starring with Tom Berenger will weird me out! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 05:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I'll tune in if I have the chance, I think it would be great to see some of her other work, especially if this is meant to give her a chance to stretch herself and have more of storyline than she was given as Alex. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm happy for the opportunities she's got, I hope they're a success.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

This particulare show is a western, and that will be quite a change for her. But I'll be curious as you said to see her in another role.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I adored her on Another World and Falcone. She's good. I think I'd like to see her do almost anything-but, for some "noble" reason-the sight of Tom B. makes me want to puke now. It's uncontrollable.

I haven't posted on this thread much...I'm still what I'd call too heartbroken. It's kinda hard remembering right now. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 06-03-2003: Message edited ThereYoullBe ]

Kim
Old 06-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw a (French) re-run of her CSI episode and I gotta say it was totally weird seeing Alex speak French [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

But she was really, really good in it, from what I could tell anyway. This is why translations are evil, you lose a good portion of the actor's input in it.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

And their mouths move when they don't talk and vice versa.

What channel is offering CSI in French?
Old 06-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Actually, French translations are pretty good about matching the times during which characters speak. It's matching the lip movement that's more problematic (obviously) and matching the emotion. It's really weird watching shows (like Roswell, for instance) that I've seen in English being translated into French because the characters are suddenly either very melodramatic or completelly one-tone.

Anyway, CSI airs in French on Series + which is either a Quebec channel or a French channel. I can't say which because I don't watch enough of it to decipher if it's just a bunch of imported translations or if there are more homegrown translations.

Fun fact about Quebec TV, we get five different things. We get the Quebec/French stuff, the France/French stuff, the British stuff, the Canadian/English stuff, and the American stuff. Not to mention all the American programmes that air on Canadian stations.

Third Watch, for instance, airs on two stations simultaneously in English: NBC and CTV.

It get can get confusing, but it's not boring.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Roswell in French for me was really odd. Probably because of the voices more than anything. I still have trouble with mouth-opening-while-I'm-not-talking though. But I agree that the biggest obstacle is the fact many words just aren't mouthed the same was as in English.

I was thankful for CTV this year because when NBC cut TW, we got the locker scene. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But otherwise, the CTV promo-voice annoys me and they can't cover the NBC promos so we usually get jipped in that department.

Hee. I know what you mean about the diversity. One moment you can watch TV5 and the next you get the BBC news. But good ol' NBC is around and that's all I really need.

I don't get Series + so I'm guessing it's a satellite station? I would have been fun watching Alex in French though.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:42 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by ThereYoullBe:
<STRONG>I adored her on Another World </STRONG>
Oh, so did I!

Hee.

She rocked as Josie and I loved Josie/Gary. I remember when they wanted to adopt the little girl name Rain. Aww, how heartbreaking!
Old 06-07-2003, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Series + isn't satellite, but it probably doesn't come with regular cable either.

I don't love getting jipped from the previews either but the pay off is that American channels seem to get interrupted a lot during primetime for news stuff.

I loved Amy on Another World too. The whole time she was on TW, I kept hoping they would bring on Tim Gibbs because they had great chemistry.

ETA: I watched last night's rerun of Unifinished Business and it was weird because I hated her so much back then, seeing as she was replacing Kim and all...

But, not really feeling this way anymore, I thought it was kinda gripping how she just stayed by the phone.

Despite the fact that I still couldn't help feeling a bit of "it should have been Kim". Even now! What can I say, I grew to love Alex, but not within the context of a relationship with Bobby. I wanted her as far from him as humanly possible.

[ 06-07-2003: Message edited sunnykerr ]
Old 06-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh--Timothy would have been GREAT with her on TW. What a couple. *sigh* Rain. Still [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] at the name though.

Alex/Bobby to me were kind of brother/sister like. I saw NO chemistry between them. Bobby/Kim win that hands down.

I think I always liked Alex, simply for the fact that I was so happy to see Amy again after Falcone ended. Plus, I liked Kim not being the only woman around the Dept. there.

I have to say--as FRIENDS I loved Alex/Carlos. OMG. They were hysterical the way they went at each other. I am so gonna miss her once the season re-starts. Though, I still maintain I missed her as much last year, since she wasn't really on. Morons. (the TW crew that is)

Kim
Old 06-09-2003, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

They found the remains of her dad on tonight's rerun on A&E and I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but something caught my attention and I thought I'd comment on it sooner rather than later when I will probably forget about it...

Lou was the one to tell her about her father being found. That's pretty significant, wouldn't you say? I haven't seen much more yet but, of what I've seen, I'm really confirming, for myself anyway, that the dude really did care a whole lot about Alex...

Enough, apparently, to sustain quite the burns.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I tink Lou sees Alex as a daughter figure. Him being chief, her dad being cheif. Protective of her. Definetly. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not just that. In Jimmy's Mountain, it turns out that Alex came on when Lou had recently been made chief. Meaning that she was probably the first person to work under him who hadn't worked along his side before.