Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually think it's her natural inclination, funnily enough. I almost feel bad her career took off on Criminal Minds. Almost.

Anyway, I caught up to the second episode with the acid and the mentally challenged brother who didn't have enough oxygen when he was born. (I was supposed to be researching my mid-term essays, but I also needed to watch something while I ate supper, and it takes me less time to eat supper than it does for one episode to air, but you can't really stop halfway through, can you?)

I SO agree with you. That guy was so creepy. It was really good how they did it, too. Because the reflex is to feel sorry for him and feel repulsed by him at the same time, and then feel guilty that you feel repulsed.

And the point is that you should totally feel repulsed. That would keep you safe. But society has ingrained in us all the need to be nice to those less fortunate... and there you have it.

I really liked the personal life stuff, too. I was so surprised that JJ called Spencer Spence and that he called her Jennifer in that confrontation about how he'd been going over to her house for ten weeks, crying about the loss of Emily. I mean, they barely use those names on the show. She called him Spence in perhaps the first seasons, but it was barely there. And I don't think I've ever heard any of them (any of the men anyway) has ever called her Jennifer.

And Papa Girardi making pasta for them all. I loved it.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you on all of that Sunny. I did feel sorry for the guy and at the same time he made me sick.

I am loving the names, and the attention to little/big things in their lives, and the dinner was just awesome. I'm very happy with the show right now.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm SO happy with it, too.

To the point where I have to be very selective about what I tape while I'm gone next week (because I won't be around to switch cassettes in the VCR) and I've decided to tape Criminal Minds.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent! And, I don't blame you-it has just been great, and I'm still on cloud 9 about the real whole cast (okay, almost original) being there.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we have the original cast insofar as it should have been these guys all along...

Except for maybe Papa Girardi whom I really, really loved on Joan of Arcadia.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I never watched that, so I don't really know. I just know I really like him on here.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, now that I think about it, the characters were very similar. They were both "cops" for one, though Papa Girardi was a homicide detective/police chief, not so much of a profiler.

The big, big difference was that Will Girardi was massively in love with his wife of 20 years and, since that show was a lot about the home life, you got to see that. And it was awesome. And Will had three children who were at the center of the show.

Kevin had been the one he'd been closest to, largely because Kevin had been an athlete so it was easy for them to bond over that. But then Kevin got into a car accident (before the show) which severed his spine, so he was a paraplegic, and that was very hard on their relationship.

Joan, as the girl, had always been the apple of his eye, but also a bit of mysterious creature to him since she'd, you know, reached teenagehood. The show is about how Joan literally has conversaitons with God, so obviously the mystery deepens for Will.

Luke was a brilliant scientist, about 15 when the show starts. Think Spencer Reid, but still at that stage where he must have been very awkward in his own skin. And so Will thought they had nothing in common at all, because Luke wasn't into sports at all and was so much smarter than everyone. But then there was one episode where Luke had to accompany one of his parents at work and he chose to follow Will. And it was a hard day for Will because he was put on desk duty as a disciplinary measure... but, in the end, Luke explained to Will that he admired and tried to emulate his father because of the way he/Will looked at a problem that seemed unsolvable (a crime) and tried to come up with a solution, much like Luke tried to do with science.

It was glorious.

So, the point of that whole thing? Papa Girardi and David Rossi are actually quite similar, but one is part of an ensemble, whereas the other was really more of a lead (so more character development).
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I recorded a marathon on like USA or something the other day, I think I have 5 episodes to watch. I'm going to get a few done today MAYBE
Old 01-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh how cool Karen! I think you'll like it. We'll see.

They tend to show ones with Third Watch actors pretty often. Like tonight on ION is the one where Finney (still can't remember his real name) and JJ admit they're having a relationship.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Josh Stewart

I watched the Fisher King parts I & II today
Old 01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, I didn't care for that one too much, but seeing it pretty often, I like it a bit now. Not much, but a little.

Thank you! Sunny and you always have to remind me. And I love him in Criminal Minds.

What did you think? There's a newer cast now, which I like much better.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fisher King I and II was pretty intense the first time around, for me. It was the first season's finale, right?

And, indeed Kar, what did you think of it?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know Sunny-they don't air them in order in syndication, and repeat a lot of them. Very close together.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah. Yes, that would complicate things.

It's the one where... what's her name again... Lola Glaudini, the one who was there before Prentiss... it's the one where she gets shot, right?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. Today was the eppy when she shot the rapist who had gotten out. It's almost time for Prentiss to appear.