Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayden-fan868
I don't get why they call he Phoenix? What does telepathy have to do with calling her Phoenix?
well the term Phoenix is defined by coming back from the dead/rise from the ashes and we associated ashed to burnt leftovers from fire...so Phoenix has that firey look in terms of costume and powers. Jean Grey died in X2...so she comes back known as Dark Phoenix cause she's completely different from b4 and alot more powerful.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Passionate Fan

while I didnt like the first Xmen, I thought #2 was pretty good...I think #3 will be the best....

I know I am NOT looking forward to seeing Storm, I think Halle Berry is just awful here...I am so excited to see Angel....I really like Ben Foster....I have high expectations!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
The link in your signature doesn't work.
Thank you, and now it's fixed.

Buffy, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica, Angel, Famke, Disney, Lost, X-Men, Scrubs, ER, and much more icons!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Total Fan

This seems like its going to be such a war movie. Everyone fighting and stuff. I hope is good.

Jean as Dark Phoenix, does that mean she's evil she seems to be.

Old 05-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
Jean as Dark Phoenix, does that mean she's evil she seems to be.
yes...thus Dark Phoenix. But she eventully becomes good again in the comic book and despite she goes by Jean Grey, she';s also referred as Phoenix.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattia
while I didnt like the first Xmen, I thought #2 was pretty good...I think #3 will be the best....

I know I am NOT looking forward to seeing Storm, I think Halle Berry is just awful here...I am so excited to see Angel....I really like Ben Foster....I have high expectations!
I'm not really the biggest fan of Storm. I think her appearance in any of the movies is kind of pointless. But that's just my opinion. Maybe she'll play a better part in the 3rd movie.

I heard rumors about the Wolverine movie, as well...but I thought that Hugh turned it down?

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
I'm not really the biggest fan of Storm. I think her appearance in any of the movies is kind of pointless. But that's just my opinion. Maybe she'll play a better part in the 3rd movie.

I heard rumors about the Wolverine movie, as well...but I thought that Hugh turned it down?

A while ago on imdb, the had the Wolverine movie under Hugh's upcoming projects.

I can't see a movie with just him and not everyone else.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

I made a few walls but I wont post them here cause they're spoilerish. But if you want to see them, they're on the Fanart board, on the Movie thread

Dislike Storm??? I love Storm! It's Jean who I can't stand...but to each their own
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Jay
Master Fan

i'm down for a Wolverine movie...but i hope it is not so much about his origins...then again...bringing up Weapon x memories and old enemies such as Sabretooth, Omega...that be cool.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was reading USA Weekend and they had a small paragraph about x-men 3 in the summer movies article. It focused on Storm. it said she'd probably be the highlight this time around cause of the new hairstyle and how it looks like she's doing more
Old 05-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I was hesitant about X3 with Ratner at the helm; however, after seeing the trailers, I got all excited. Even if it sucks, I'll still be there opening night.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAtHeart
I was reading USA Weekend and they had a small paragraph about x-men 3 in the summer movies article. It focused on Storm. it said she'd probably be the highlight this time around cause of the new hairstyle and how it looks like she's doing more

I noticed her hair changed. Its more grey now. I wonder why they changed it.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I can't wait to see the movie, it looks awesome
Old 05-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A while ago on imdb, the had the Wolverine movie under Hugh's upcoming projects.

I can't see a movie with just him and not everyone else.
Looks like you're right. And he's producing the movie, too? That'll be interesting.

Summary from IMDB:

Quote:
A mutant with regenerative powers, three claws, and a skeleton which is laced with the rare metal known as adamantium. Logan struggles to find the secrets to his past. After learning little information through the help of Charles Xavier (X2's Patrick Stewart), Logan takes his search even further by learning the full truth of his orgins, while also heading in a bold, new direction.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

i'm not sure if i would go see a Wolverine spin-off....i love the whole x-men franchise so much because it's team-oriented, it isn't just one person.