Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I believe it was filmed in both Montreal and Chicago.
Okay, good. I was wondering that when I saw it on Friday.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I just saw this movie a few hours ago. Like someone else said, the previews make the movie seem different than it really is. A few times I found myself saying "What the hell is going on?" I really liked the ending though, the confrontation at the restaurant and Matt finally finding Lisa at the airport. It was really sweet and I loved how Coldplay was playing then. I was like "Yay! He finally found her!" I never found Josh Hartnett very attractive but I have to say he does look lovely in peacoats.

I didn't stick around for the credits, but we got there early when the previous show was still showing and they were playing "Lover's Spit" by Broken Social Scene. I love that song and any other QAF/B/J lover knows why.

mapraleif Thanks for the link, the soundtrack looks awesome.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Total Fan

Just saw it. Thought it was pretty good, but I looooved the ending. So cute and the song was wonderful with it.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Awesome! I loved the film. Everyone did fantastic, and the story is really nice and love the soundtrack as well i've got to see it again.
dark noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

I was going to wait til DVD to see it, but i found myself at the theater today seeing Wicker Park. I rather enjoyed it, and for more than the 2 hot chicks. Reminded me a little bit of Rules of Attraction with that cafeteria girl.

Ending was disappointing, cuz it was very predictable. Yet still enjoyable.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw this movie & I really liked it! Rose Byrne is a kick ass actress & of course I love Josh. I the film was very Hitchockian. I was confused at first but then it all started to make sense.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I knew right away that Alex was crazy when Matt first met her & she told him she was Lisa. So when he slept w/her I was like wtf duuuude does she seem normal to you? I felt really sorry for Luke, he was so oblivious & he just really liked Alex. I thought the ending was predictable but the girlly girl in me was squeeing in joy when he finally saw her. & the Coldplay song just added to the moment

Last edited by tragedy; 09-12-2004 at 12:52 AM
tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Elite Fan

The msuic fit really well in the movie.

I think i might break into hot chicks apartments and hope they want me to stay and then have sex with me. Cuz that happens every day. Just not to me hahah
Old 09-13-2004, 04:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree that the movie dragged a little bit and I would hardly call it a thriller which it's been classified as other than romance/suspense. There isn't any edge-of-your-seat suspense either...

I highly recommend the soundtrack if you're into indie-rock stuff and I thought the music was perfect for the situations...

Josh Hartnett is still very delicious A little bit of a man whore in it but still very delicious.

SPOILER-ISH!!!
And I thought the deeper aspects, like the Shakespeare, how the characters aren't really what they seem, and even a hint of Cinderella with the shoes (I think), are really fitting...

Overall, I say it's good enough to see in theaters but you can always wait for the DVD on this one too.
plushie232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Passionate Fan

The soundtrack is amazing by the way. I got it the day after seeing the movie and I just love it. I know a lot of people who hated the movie but I actually liked the psychological thriller that it was but of course I could figure out a lot of things before they happened.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

I had passes to an advance screening for the movie, but it was on a school night so I couldn't go. I was particularly upset when I found out they played Coldplay's "The Scientist" at the end because I adore that song.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

I saw this last night for the first time, and I really enjoyed it! The cast was very solid, and there was something really nice and complete about the movie which I liked. I thought the split-screen and the editing were great, very good for the mood and atmosphere. The movie was a psychological thriller, but not overly so. The balance between romance and thriller was perfect, IMO.

Of course, the leads rocked. Josh Hartnett was never a huge favorite of mine, but I've liked him before. I think he's at his best here. Some of his facial expressions were absolutely spang-on. Diane Kruger is so gorgeous as Lisa, and she's very elegant and relaxed in her role. Rose Byrne is awesome, very feisty but shifty, and I felt sorry for her at the end. Matthew Lillard is really good, too.

Ahh, I love the ending. Coldplay.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Passionate Fan

this is a really good and clever movie. i def recommend it.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

i agree.
i really enjoyed the movie, and its so unique.
its brilliant really.
funkycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG I loved this movie. I rented it because I thought it was going to be some psychological thriller, with murders ect, but even when I realized what was going on, I still liked it.
and that necessary
A Smut Production is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Amazing movie. Great ending with the song.
you're like the cold December snow in the warm July sun
icon by querita @ livejoural
Sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread