Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie

It was decent, not the best but I have definatly seen a lot worse. And if you're a fan of Josh, that will be enough.
You see... This is the philosophy I hate -- And I don't mean you as a moviefan.

I mean I hate it on the part of Hollywood that they don't really "give it their all" in terms of putting good actors in good STORIES to where it doesn't matter who the lead actor/actress is and the story could stand on its own.

They count on the actor's name and name alone carrying a movie.

Granted, this is nothing new, but I get sick and tired of it when you KNOW that if more emphasis was placed on developing the story(ies) itself then they wouldn't need to try and just market it on an actor alone.

Call me a "story snob", but concept is king and stories should be able to carry themselves regardless if it is an A-List star, or a complete unknown.

------

Rose Byrne is going to be on Conan O'Brien tonight for anyone that is interested
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Rose was so cute and pretty on Conan!
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Shannon - I loved her dress, not many people could pull off that colour, but I think she looked really beautiful. I liked Conan's take on ACDC, he is so funny.
Hermia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I actually really liked this movie.

My mom thought it dragged on a little bit (I couldn't care less, more time with Josh).

But over all I'd rent the DVD.
*Elle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hermia
Shannon - I loved her dress, not many people could pull off that colour, but I think she looked really beautiful. I liked Conan's take on ACDC, he is so funny.
I thought it was funny how Rose said they pronnounce AC/DC like "aca-daca"

I can totally see Rose in ripped jeans, a loose fitting T-Shirt and rocking out to "Highway to Hell"
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

I actually really liked this movie. It started off strong, kind of lagged in the middle, had a lot of twists and turns, and a good ending. Rose Byrne really stood out for me, she was amazing. Hello girl!crush. And Diane Kruger is like, really pretty. Plus Josh. I was a little doubtful that he could carry this type of movie, but I thought he did a great job.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I just came back from the movie. Overall, I thought that it was ok. Not the best movie ever, but just ok. For those of you who watched it already, can you guys help me out? I missed the first 10 minutes of the movie, so I was a little confused going into the movie.

BTW, Josh is the cutest thing ever!!!!
Crash&Burn** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:23 AM
Loyal Fan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UnsilentMajorty
[B]You see... This is the philosophy I hate -- And I don't mean you as a moviefan.

I mean I hate it on the part of Hollywood that they don't really "give it their all" in terms of putting good actors in good STORIES to where it doesn't matter who the lead actor/actress is and the story could stand on its own. They count on the actor's name and name alone carrying a movie.

I agree, Ive been guilty of falling for a movie totally based on cute actors. Some turn out good and some horrible. Ive kinda learned a little about the actors by my going to their movies and know which ones pick their scripts with more integrity than just for money, I think anyway, LOL. I still do get duped from time to time though.

Vote For Gavin Degraw pretty please
ilmandyli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 03:29 PM
rio
Dedicated Fan

The reviews are really mixed up. I hope Ebert & Roeper don't give this movie two thumbs down.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

I have no idea what this movie's about, but the soundtrack's really great. Haha. Maybe it'd give me incentive to go watch, who knows

Ooh lookie here.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Hermia, yeah the color of the dress went amazing with her complexion and everything. She did look great. Haha, she and Conan got along pretty well, too. I liked her stories and stuff, and AC/DC

Thanks for the reviews, guys! I'm excited to see it. And I wanna know what the twists are. I really want Josh's character to end up with Diane's.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wicker Park is a neighborhood I know really well, so I want to see the movie and compare it to what I know.

But I'm annoyed that they filmed it in Montreal instead of Chicago. I know most people won't know the difference, but still...
Old 09-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rio
The reviews are really mixed up. I hope Ebert & Roeper don't give this movie two thumbs down.
Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs up.

Quote:
But I'm annoyed that they filmed it in Montreal instead of Chicago. I know most people won't know the difference, but still...
I believe it was filmed in both Montreal and Chicago.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know they shot a few things in Chicago. I'm biased though, there's no substitute for me.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I never heard of this movie before... but I watched the trailer just now and it looks pretty good
My LJ

Last edited by AutumnColorsღ; 09-04-2004 at 10:52 PM
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread