Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2022, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

What Was The Last Movie You Saw? (DISCUSSION)

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?
D I S C U S S I O N

Try to avoid lists; please elaborate on what you liked/disliked about each film

Want to give a lengthy review of a movie? Post in our Movie Reviews thread here
Optional layout for your posts:

Movie:
Year Released:
Actors:
Plot Synopsis:
Rating out of 5 []:
Comments:
Continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Have you seen any of the actors act before a good amount? Ingrid Berman was also in ''Casablanca'', ''Gaslight'', & ''Joan of Arc''. I have seen ''Casablanca'' & ''Gaslight''. I've seen Claude Rains Cary Grant act before. Just recently watched Grant in ''To Catch a Thief'' & that was another Hitchcock film that was excellent I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Only seen Casablanca out of all of those
Old 09-15-2022, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Movie: House of Darkness
Year Released: 2022
Actors: Justin Long, Kate Bosworth
Plot Synopsis: Driving home to her secluded estate after meeting at a local bar, a player out to score thinks his beautiful, mysterious date will be another casual hook-up. While getting acquainted, their flirtation turns playful, sexy and sinister.
Rating out of 5 |
Comments: It was so slow and not worth the ending.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt
Old 09-15-2022, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome!
Old 09-15-2022, 08:27 PM
I am a basketball genius!

"Joan of Arc" I have not watched yet, but I have seen "Gaslight" It is about a woman played by Ingrid Bergman sent to Italy to study to become an opera-singer 10 years after her aunt was killed, but the person who committed that crime was not found. She falls in love with a man played by Charles Boyer & they return to London. Bergman's character notices pictures missing & footsteps at night, plus gaslights that dim without being touched. She tries to keep sane throughout the film.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds interesting
Old 09-16-2022, 03:40 PM

I am going to to watch ''Cleopatra'' on D.V.D. tonight. It's early here out west still, so I should be able to see all of that film without falling asleep.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Movie: Teen Spirit
Year Released: 2011
Actors: Lindsey Shaw, Cassie Scerbo, Chris Zylka
Plot Synopsis: A popular mean girl dies but she cannot get into heaven unless she helps the least popular student at her high school become prom queen.
Rating out of 5 stars: 3.5/5
Comments: I thought this was a cute little movie with brief, surprising dashes of depth. I've always adored Lindsey and I thought Cassie played her counterpart perfectly. The writing wasn't rocket science or particularly original, but the cast was likeable and the message sweet. It really makes me miss the good old days of ABC Family. The network hasn't been nearly the same to me since it became FreeForm, but I digress. I recommend this if you need a quick pick-me-up sort of movie. It won't change your life, but it might make you smile.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Baby Driver (2017)

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 09-17-2022, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

Movie: The Invitation
Actors: Nathalie Emmanuel, Thomas Doherty, Alana Boden, Hugh Skinner, Sean Pertwee.
Plot Synopsis: A young woman is courted and swept off her feet, only to realize a gothic conspiracy is afoot.
Rating out of 5 Stars:
Comments: Great film and a reveal. I did not expect...

Spoiler:
Old 09-17-2022, 01:24 PM

Glad that you enjoyed watching ''The Invitation''. I watched ''Cleopatra'' last night.

Movie: ''Cleopatra''
Year Released: 1963
Starring: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Joseph L. Mankiewicz, Rex Harrison, & Martin Landau, among others.
Plot: ''"Cleopatra" is a lengthy, sprawling, spectacular love story, helmed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, depicting Cleopatra's manipulation of Julius Caesar and Marc Antony in her ill-fated attempt to save the Egyptian empire. This threesome in one of the most famous and gloriously powerful love triangles ever to be captured on film.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: ''Cleopatra'' is an excellent movie I think. It had a terrific cast that also included Carroll O'Conner & Roddy McDowall. Elizabeth Taylor was amazing as ''Cleopatra'' & beautiful in my opinion. This movie by the way is in colour. I watched it on D.V.D. & it was exceptional. There was a scene where Caesar was named ''Dictator for life'' over Rome. Cleopatra was thrilled about it. She said: ''Dictator for life. At long last he is master of Rome.'' Being ''dictator for life'' did not mean ''master of Rome''. The dictator of Rome's actions ''Must , in each case, of course, be approved... by the Senate of Rome.'' Rufio was telling Caesar about that. He said that being dictator for life did get ''respect'' though. ''Cleopatra'' is a lengthy film. It comes in at I think 248 minutes long. If you can find time to watch this movie, I think that you'll enjoy it as heartbreaking that it was.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing
Old 09-18-2022, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Movie: Rob Zombie's The Munsters
Actors: Sheri Moon Zombie, Cassandra Peterson, Richard Brake, Sylvester McCoy, Jorge Garcia, Jeff Daniel Phillips and Daniel Roebuck
Plot Synopsis:Reboot of "The Munsters", that followed a family of monsters who moves from Transylvania to an American suburb.
Rating out of 5 |
Comments: Great watch and funny!
Old 09-26-2022, 02:34 PM

Movie: ''Seven Days in May''
Year Released: 1964
Starring: Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Fredric March, & Ava Gardner, among others.
Plot:''U.S. President Jordan Lyman (Fredric March) hopes to bring an end to the Cold War by signing a nuclear disarmament treaty with the Soviets, much to the displeasure of the hawkish General James Scott (Burt Lancaster), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. When Scott's aide, Martin "Jiggs" Casey (Kirk Douglas) stumbles on shattering evidence that the General is plotting a coup to overthrow Lyman in seven days, "Jiggs" alerts the President, setting off a dangerous race to thwart the takeover.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: ''Seven Days in May'' has a terrific cast & is an excellent film I think. It might sound far fetched for members of Congress & the U.S. military to overthrow a U.S. president, but watching how it unfolded was incredible I think. Ava Gardner was not in this film a lot I will mention, especially early on. Burt Lancaster was in most of the scenes & Kirk Douglas has a bunch of scenes as well in it. I watched this on D.V.D. last Friday & recommend seeing it if anyone is interested in old films as such. I mean pretty anything with Ava Gardner in it I'll likely watch at least once if possible even if it's not a huge role for her & Kirk Douglas is 1 of my favourite actors as well. ''Seven Days in May'' was directed by John Franhenheimer.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hocus Pocus 2-I think they waited to long and the movie definitely missed the mark. It wasn’t funny….and it didn’t have the magic of the first one. They should have just left it alone…

The Munsters-The Rob Zombie version. It was terrible…cheesy and horrible acting. Definitely not something that was needed.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread