Old 11-08-2022, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Actors. *

* A film from 2003.
Old 11-11-2022, 06:59 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Movie: "Marathon Man"
Year Released: 1976
Starring: Dustin Hoffman, Laurence Olivier, Roy Scheider, Martha Keller, & William Devane.
Plot: "Thomas "Babe" Levy (Dustin Hoffman) is a Columbia graduate student and long-distance runner who is oblivious to the fact that his older brother, Doc (Roy Scheider), is a government agent chasing down a Nazi war criminal (Laurence Olivier) -- that is, until Doc is murdered and Babe finds himself knee-deep in a tangle of stolen gems and sadistic madmen. Even his girlfriend, Elsa, (Martha Keller), becomes a suspect as everything Babe believed to be true is suddenly turned upside down."
Rating out of 5:
Comments: I enjoyed watching "Marathon Man". Laurence Olivier gave an outstanding performance particularly as "Szell" a brutal Nazi war criminal after stolen gems. There was a scene where "Babe" gave his brother's watch to a cab driver for a literal dime to make a phone call. The twists some liked & others probably didn't in this movie. There were plot holes, but "Marathon Man" is an excellent movie I think. The acting is superb for this movie.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing

I re-watched Aladdin last night for its 30th anniversary

Robin’s performance as the genie is incredible
Old 11-15-2022, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Good Nurse (2022) An infamous caregiver (Charlie Cullen) is implicated in the deaths of hundreds of hospital patients. I do believe it is based on the true events that happened between 1988 and 2003.

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."

Last edited by olicity4eva; 11-15-2022 at 05:00 PM
Old 11-16-2022, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Currently re-watching Chamber of Secrets for its 20th anniversary release date

Kind of almost done (about half an hour left)

This movie is still my favorite of the series

So much nostalgia and this movie is funnier than I remember

The first 2 movies just have a whole different feel to me with the nostalgia and Richard Harris as Dumbledore

Wonder how the rest of the movies would’ve been different if Richard had still been alive

I feel like there’s more of a warmth with his performance compared to Michael

Also the set design is insanely good in this one

Sad/bittersweet to see Hagrid now that Robbie is gone too (especially with the last scene the scene where he comes back)

Last note: Christian as Tom is still so attractive to me

My thoughts on this re-watch
Old 11-18-2022, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Spirited (2022) [Apple TV+] Starring Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell. This was delightful, I really enjoyed it! Had some great laughs and dramatic moments as well.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing
Old 11-19-2022, 03:08 PM

Movie: ''Orpheus''
Year Released: 1950
Starring: Jean Marais, François Périer, Edouard Dermithe, Marie Déa, & María Caseares, among others.
Plot: ''At the Café des Poètes in Paris, a fight breaks out between the poet Orphée (Jean Marais) and a group of resentful upstarts. A rival poet, Cègeste (Edouard Dermithe), is killed, and a mysterious princess (María Casares) insists on taking Orpheus and the body away in her Rolls-Royce. Orphée soon finds himself in the underworld, where the Princess announces that she is, in fact, Death. Orpheus escapes in the car back to the land of the living, only to become obsessed with the car radio.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: It took me a while, but I stayed awake long enough to watch ''Orpheus'' on HBOMAX last night. It was terrific I think. the special effects are not high-tech, but that works quite well for this movie I think. Mirrors play a significant role in this film & lead to ''The Zone''. There is also of course that radio. My gosh. This is the first time that I've seen a man more interested in his radio & the words that come out of it than of his own wife. I recommend watching ''Orpheus'' if you have not seen it. Plenty of black was worn in it by characters. ''Orpheus'' is in French with English subtitles if you want to check this movie out.
Old 11-20-2022, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks

Currently watching the new Netflix original kids’ movie Slumberland and enjoying it even though I’m not too familiar with the comic strip it’s based on

reminds me of other movies I’ve seen

the young child actress who plays the main character definitely gives a good emotional performance
Old 11-20-2022, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the new Lindsay Lohan movie Falling for Christmas it was so heartfelt and fun even though her character Sierra had an accident and lost her memory but at least she got rid of Tad in the end to be with Chord’s character Jake.

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."

Last edited by olicity4eva; 11-21-2022 at 05:52 PM
Old 11-20-2022, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by olicity4eva (View Post)
I watched the new Lohan movie Falling for Christmas it was so heartfelt and fun even though her character Sierra had an accident and lost her memory but at least she got rid of Tad in the end to be with Chord’s character Jake.
Yeah I watched it earlier this week and liked it too

Also had the same thoughts

Lindsay gave a good performance as someone with amnesia
Old 11-21-2022, 05:50 PM

Movie: ''Carnival of Souls''
Year Released: 1962
Starring: Herk Harvey, Candace Hilligoss, Frances Feist, & Sidney Berger, among others.
Plot: ''Mary Henry (Candace Hilligoss) ends up the sole survivor of a fatal car accident through mysterious circumstances. Trying to put the incident behind her, she moves to Utah and takes a job as a church organist. But her fresh start is interrupted by visions of a fiendish man (Herk Harvey). As the visions begin to occur more frequently, Mary finds herself drawn to the deserted carnival on the outskirts of town. The strangely alluring carnival may hold the secret to her tragic past.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: ''Carnival of Souls'' is a terrifying film I think that has it's main character played by Candace Hilligoss isolated from people. She just was not interested in others. She had no romance in her life & was a loner. That worked well in this film. There was a character played Sidney Berger that was quite infatuated with ''Mary'' & she was having none of it, but damn he was persistent. ''Carnival of Souls'' reminded me of ''The Twilight Zone''. This film was surreal to watch. There was a scene at a mall that Mary was at & she tied speaking to others there, but they couldn't hear her. I recommend watching ''Carnival of Souls'', perhaps even more than once. By the way, Direcor Herk of Carnival of Souls'' only directed this movie as far as feature films go. Also, in this film he played the character of ''The Man''.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Enchanted the 2007 Disney movie for its 15th anniversary yesterday

I originally saw it in theaters all those years ago this month with my best friend for her birthday

In my opinion it definitely still holds up with the characters, story, and music soundtrack

All the actors give good performances

And I like how the movie is both a parody and pays tribute to other Disney princess movies that came before it

This scene especially still stands out to me and is so beautiful with the song

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 11-22-2022 at 11:37 AM
Old 11-22-2022, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Titanic