Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Third Annual FanForum Movie Awards: It's Time to Nominate!

I've decided to move up the start of the nomination period because I may not be around to do this when the weekend comes. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, it's that time of the year when you can vote for what you feel are the best achievements in film in the year 2003.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] NOMINATION PERIOD RULES [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

1. Only FanForum posters who registered on or before November 2003 and have accumulated at least 101 posts may nominate.

2. Ballots will be sent via the Private Messaging system to P Y R O. Ballots sent via email, AIM/ICQ/YM, or posted on the boards will be ignored.

3. You must enter 3-5 nominees in all categories. If you miss a category, or if you lack a few nominees, the ballot will not be counted. Exception to the rule: You may choose not to nominate anyone in the Best Animated Feature and Best Foreign Language Film categories.

4. Votes for all categories are NOT weighted, so any order will be fine. You don't have to rank the nominees in order of preference.

5. When voting for actors and actresses, please indicate what movie you're nominating them for. I'm not psychic, and though sometimes it's obvious which movie the person you're nominating is in, it's complicated when the people you nominate have appeared in more than one film last year. Please, indicate the movie, or else your vote will be thrown out.

6. Only movies released in the USA in 2003 are eligible for nominations (except Best Foreign Language Film). We're using Academy/Oscar eligibility rules; if you need any help, the official list of eligible films can be found here. Quick note: Only "The Matrix: Revolutions" is eligible; "The Matrix: Reloaded" is not.

7. You may nominate for a single actor/actress twice (or more) in a single category for different movies. So, if you feel that Billy Boyd was an outstanding supporting actor in both Master and Commander as well as Return of the King, you can nominate him twice, once for each film. However, you may not nominate a single actor/actress for a single movie in different categories. You will have to decide whether a particular performance is Lead or Supporting; you can't nominate someone for one performance in both categories. (You can, however, vote for the same person in two different categories, as long as it's for two different movies.)

8. Each member is only allowed one vote. I mean, really, that should've been obvious. You're not allowed to change your votes once you've sent them, either, so be sure your votes are as final as they'll ever be.

9. Campaigning will be allowed during the nominations period. But please don't post your entire ballot on the thread, okay? And spamming will not be tolerated (it's against FF rules, anyway).

10. Nominations will be held from 21 January 2004 until 6 February 2004, FanForum time. Nominees will be announced 7 February 2004.

==========

So, are you ready? Just copy and paste the ballot below and you can nominate!

THIRD ANNUAL FANFORUM MOVIE AWARDS: NOMINATION BALLOT

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Ensemble Cast

Best Screenplay

Best Soundtrack

Best Effects

Best Costume and Makeup

Best Art Direction

Best Cinematography

Best Animated Feature

Best Foreign Language Film

==========

FYI: Art Direction refers to set design and set decoration. Effects refers to both SOUND effects and VISUAL effects. Soundtrack refers to music used in the film itself, whether written for the movie or not. Screenplay is the script, dialogue, and story. And lastly, Ensemble Cast is for all the actors in a film and how they relate and interact with one another.

VOTE NOW!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Adding this to my "To Do" list. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Voted [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

FYC: Big Fish: All Categories
Down With Love: All Categories

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 01-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Oh, and as a special favor, please try and include a link to this thread in your siggies. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O:
<STRONG>Oh, and as a special favor, please try and include a link to this thread in your siggies. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Even if it's cheesy like mine [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 01-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure where I got this idea in my head, but even if we don't nominate, we can still vote, right? I would like to participate in the voting but don't think I'm up to the nominating process. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 01-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Testing out the new sig ... it's lame but hey it's there. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>I'm not sure where I got this idea in my head, but even if we don't nominate, we can still vote, right? I would like to participate in the voting but don't think I'm up to the nominating process. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
It depends on how many people nominate. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But I think I'll open it up to all posters whether they nominated or not.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

I already nominated.
I already sent the pm to P Y R O.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Sent in my nominations to you Xan. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Again, please remember to nominate at least 3 in all categories (with exception of Animated Feature and Foreign Language Film).
Old 01-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Are we allowed to nominate an animated film in any other category? I mean can we nominate the cast of Finding Nemo for best ensemble cast or Ellen DeGeneres for best actress for Finding Nemo?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Yes, animated films are eligible for nods in other categories. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Passionate Fan

I'll be sending in my nominations soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

I have received 10 valid ballots. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep sending them in! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread