Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm thinking about seeing this movie next week but i haven't seen the first one. from what was mentioned with the recapping of the opening credits and me watching the cartoon as a kid would I be able to still follow the movie and still enjoy it?

::Evil Queen Nola::
Old 07-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Moderator Manager

watched the movie yesterday.

i love the movie, but not as much as i loved the first one. i think my fave villain is still the green goblin and i screamed when i saw willem dafoe. its nice that they left us thinking that harry might go and push to be the next green goblin as we have all been anticipating anyway.

but i don't want them to kill off james franco because i just love him!

alfred molina as doc oc is good! but as a villain in this one, my mind was drifting off to the green goblin. although i have to agree the train fight scene was really good!

mary jane is still the helpless lass she is. she just happens to be where disaster is. but kirsten dunst did good acting i like the looks mary jane always give peter...

and tobey is just excellent! his facial expressions are priceless and i applaud him for his great acting! i enjoyed all his scenes! especially the train scene with alfred.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with slave4buffy that X2 is the best marvel movie spinoff.

I just saw the movie and I liked it more than the first movie. I thought it was a more emotional. I like Doc Oct better than the Green Goblin. One thing I don't understand is Harry. Why are he and Peter friends?

The best line is when Spiderman says, "This is heavy." And I like the fact the secret is out of the bag to Parker's psuedonym and they kept it out.

Question for the comic book readers - Does Peter's doctor realize that Parker's spiderman? I think that he does.

I liked the movie, but it didn't impress me to that much. I doubt I'll see it again.
A Prisoner of Aksarben #1
Old 07-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ::Nola Rawks::
I'm thinking about seeing this movie next week but i haven't seen the first one. from what was mentioned with the recapping of the opening credits and me watching the cartoon as a kid would I be able to still follow the movie and still enjoy it?
Yeah, there is a recap. But honestly, you'll enjoy it more if you have watched the first movie.
on a Miracle Drug
Old 07-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Addicted Fan

how can peter be so careless and to forget he didnt have his mask on during the train scene??
great movie tho. loved the acting by alfred and james. The movie also set up a bunch of potential villans for the next movie

john jameson - Manwolf
Dr Conners - Lizard. we already see he's missing the arm!!
harry- GG2 (or since they already used GG in sp1, they might make him hobgoblin instead, even tho it ws a different guy in comics0

venom - possibly, but unlikely, but if i remember, it came down to earth from john jameson's shuttle, so who knows. but the whole venom story would be too long for a movie tho.

also loved bruce cambell's cameo!
Old 07-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10
my fav' scene was when the people in the subway lifted spider-man all the way to the back in slow-mo, so he wouldn't be one of the first to fall down since the front part of the subway was above the cliff and that his life is more important than theirs since he rescued them from getting killed. it defintely showed that people really appreciate his help...and for once...doing something for him...as well as keeping his identity from anyone else.

yeah... the obnoxious sappy crying you heard during that scene? that was me.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Banned

loved the movie! Enjoyed it more than the first

I am not sure why, but I dont really like dunst. Mary-jane seems so detached when she says things. Kinda like she is a robot..I might have been the only one to spot that. She seems kinda odd

I had a few questions, hoping someone could answer.

Can anyone post what aunt may said when she was moving? About sacrificing the things that mean the most to you? Know what I am talking about?

Also, what was the song playing when peter was getting ready to go to maryjanes play?

Lindsay
Old 07-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NYCity Boy

Can anyone post what aunt may said when she was moving? About sacrificing the things that mean the most to you? Know what I am talking about?
Here are the 2 statements she made in that scene:

"Too few characters out there flying around like that, saving old girls like me. And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us."

and

"Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later tell how they stood for hours in the cold rain to catch a glimpse of the one who taught them to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us who keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams."
Old 07-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Total Fan

I'm not a regular poster on this board, but I just figured I'd add my 2 cents worth since I loved this movie.

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise
how can peter be so careless and to forget he didnt have his mask on during the train scene??
He didn't have a chance to put it back on after it caught on fire. If he had stopped to do that, everyone on the train would have been dead. The people on the train have no idea who "Peter Parker" is anyway. They just see some kid in the Spidey suit.

One of my favourite themes in this movie was the reveals. Getting it over with now saves it from being repeated in #3. After all, how many more times can we see Harry demand Peter tell him who Spidey is, or see MJ upset at Peter for standing her up?

I'm looking forward to seeing Harry torn between his best friend, and the "ghost" of his father; and seeing MJ give Peter the emotional support he needs when he finally does have to face off against Harry/Green Goblin II. (Every superhero needs a shoulder to cry on ^_- ).

I liked SM2 more then SM1 (and I thoroughly enjoyed that one as well). Although I wasn't bored myself, I can see how some might find parts of SM2 a little slow.

We don't see an action scene every ten minutes -- I had more then enough of that in "Van Helsing". (That movie made me dizzy sometimes ) -- But we see a good movie with a little something for everyone (romance, comedy, drama, action, even a few "Evil Dead" references for Horror fans... although my friends were wondering why I was laughing at the chainsaw
close-up in the hospital ^_^).

Currently, I'm putting it at my list of favourite movies this year (followed by Shrek 2, and Harry Potter: POA. Wow... all sequels.).

... and that's just my 2 cents
Old 07-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elektra

But we see a good movie with a little something for everyone (romance, comedy, drama, action, even a few "Evil Dead" references for Horror fans... although my friends were wondering why I was laughing at the chainsaw
close-up in the hospital ^_^).

Ohmighaaadddd!

You caught that too? I thought I was the only one! Gotta love Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell!

on a Miracle Drug
Old 07-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

One of my favorite, corky scenes was when Peter decided not to be Spiderman anymore and he had this montage where he was walking down the street and tripping like his old self...it felt like it was Mary Tyler Moore song in the background and everyone in the theatre was laughing so hard cuz the expression on Peter/Tobey's face was priceless. Tobey is such a great actor.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose.Act.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Jay
Master Fan

i was fasnicated by that hero speech Aunt May gave to Peter...it was so simple but powerful.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Banned

thanks a lot Kelly_mvpics
Old 07-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Great movie. I loved that MJ knows that Peter is Spiderman. I know that some feel that he shouldn't have taken off his mask on the train and later with the doctor. I think he did that with the doctor because he hoped that he could get through to him. He was not pure evil like Osbourne was. There was still some good in him.

Aunt May should suspect given how Peter left her side and there was Spiderman at her side later saving her.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, I'm pretty certain that when Aunt May was packing up the house, she knew who Peter was.

Okay, so I watched for the fourth time in the middle of the night last night. Gotta love 12:30am showings. More thoughts:

No one has mentioned the arms. They were pretty incredible. Especially during the scene when Doc Ock is talking to himself (i.e. the Smagol moment ). The arms were so lifelike. It's like they were really talking to him. Pretty amazing considering it was cgi.

And about them squiddies...I kept thinking, dude, can't someone just fire up the EMP and blast them out of the dock?

Well, okay. So they might have been impervious to that. But still.
on a Miracle Drug

Last edited by LadyZ; 07-04-2004 at 02:23 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread