Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't one of the children killed themself? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] in real life, not the actors
Old 03-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Cotton Candy

I never heard that, but that's possible. Wow, how scary.

Old 03-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I maybe wrong [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Maria: After spending 30 years as a missionary in New Guinea, died at the age of 82 in 1987 and now rests alongside her husband on their property in Vermont.

Rupert: A medical doctor until the mid-1980's, he died in 1992 at the age of 80, leaving behind six children and ten grandchildren.

Agathe: Lives near Baltimore, Maryland, where she helps run a kindergarten.

Werner: After leaving the family group to become a dairy farmer, he had six children and thirteen grandchildren.

Hedwig: Worked at the lodge until her death in 1972.

Johanna: Married in 1948, she left the family group to live in Vienna and has six children.

Martina: Sang with the group until 1952, when she married. Died in childbirth the same year.

Rosmarie: Lives in Stowe, Vermont, where she is a companion for a 100-year-old woman who was a friend of her mother's. She has brought music back to the von Trapp Lodge by giving recorder lessons and leading sing-alongs.

Eleonore (Lorli): The mother of seven children, she stopped singing in 1952 and now spends time with her children and ten grandchildren.

Johannes: A graduate of Dartmouth, with a master's degree in forestry from Yale, he is now president of the von Trapp Family Lodge, Inc., and has two children.

web page

I'm trying to search for more info [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Cotton Candy

Thanks for the info, Kelly. It's much appreciated here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Cotton Candy

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Enjoy!

Old 03-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ooh! This is my favorite movie of all time. My sister says I used to watch it everyday when I was 4. I don't really remember that, but now I just settle for watching it once or twice a year. That scene when they pretend they've been picking blueberries/strawberries still cracks me up every time!

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 03-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Cotton Candy

Welcome! That's so funny! I used to watch it a lot when I was little too, hehe.

I love the blueberry scene! I was just thinking about it the other day actually, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Fredrick was hilarious!

Old 03-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

go
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
and kinda mushed
not to mention green!

Class of 2009
Old 03-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice Caps [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love the kids singing scenes [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] too cute
Old 03-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Addicted Fan

I miss this movie so much! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] My sister, who is currently living overseas, has this DVD and I don't think I have any copies on tape or anything so I haven't watched this movie for so long and I only have a few songs on my computer. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I hear Julie Andrews can sing again! It's wonderful news, since she has such a beautiful singing voice, with perfect pitch and everything. Four octaves - whoa. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I'm happy for her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I love the scene when the children are introducing themselves. "I'm Friedrich. I'm 14 and I'm impossible!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] If I honestly had to pick a favourite song it'd be Sixteen Going On Seventeen and The Lonely Goatherd. I love the puppets! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Argh, how could I forget My Favourite Things? I used to sing that song all the time when I was a kid, whenever I was sad. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I also love Captain Von Trapp/Liesl's duet of Edelweiss, the harmony sounds really pretty, along with the guitar.

[ 03-20-2004: Message edited ~*coconut ice*~ ]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 03-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Coco [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] can't you rent it [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] how long is she away oversea?
Old 03-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Cotton Candy

goldenpuppies at heart-Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
<STRONG>I hear Julie Andrews can sing again! It's wonderful news, since she has such a beautiful singing voice, with perfect pitch and everything. Four octaves - whoa. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I'm happy for her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oh, wow! That's fantastic news! I'm so excited! I thought that her singing voice was gone forever. Ooh, how great!

Old 03-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

In the play, Friedrick says "I'm Friedrick. I'm 14. I'm a boy."
and kinda mushed
not to mention green!

Class of 2009
Old 03-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

Ah, I love The Sound of Music! I've loved it ever since I was little and I still do. I have the soundtrack and the DVD. I love watching Julie Andrews as Maria and I've always thought Christopher Plummer as the Captain... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Such a classic move! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*coconut ice*~:
<STRONG>I hear Julie Andrews can sing again! It's wonderful news, since she has such a beautiful singing voice, with perfect pitch and everything. Four octaves - whoa. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I'm happy for her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Really?! That is so great! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread