Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2003, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still have to see the commentary on the dvd. Movies always seem to go slower when commentary is on.
Old 11-30-2003, 04:11 PM
Cotton Candy

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I understand that. I happen to enjoy the commentaries, but sometimes the boring ones can drag on. I like the commentaries given by the actors or by a very enthusiastic producer or director.

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 11-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oooh, I love this movie! I've been watching it loads lately, I've got the DVD so I'm learning all kinds of stuff about it from the documetries too. Incindentally, to the person who was asking about Maria's trip when she's going up to the house for the first time, it was originally an accident but the director liked it because it showed her nervousness and excitement so he told her to do it in all the other takes. Can't believe I actually know that!

Has anyone else here been to Sing-a-long-a-sound-of-music? I don't know if they have it outside Britain actually, but if you get the chance, GO! It's absolutely great, I've been 3 times, once to the London one and twice to the touring one. They basically hire out a huge cinema and show a version with the song lyrics on the screen so you can sing along, and there's loads of audience participation. You get a little goody bag full of props like plastic eidelweiss and a warm up guy at the beginning tells you what actions to do and when and when to use your props. Like for Do-Re-Mi, there's little actions for every line, and you have to bark every time you see Rolf (don't ask!). OK, I'm rambling now, but it's a seriously great night out, everyone gets really into it, you have people of all ages there and quite a lot of people get dressed up as nuns or curtains or brown paper packages or whatever!
Old 11-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Cotton Candy

Wow! That's so funny. I just totally had an image in my head of her tripping while going up the stairs! I remember now, which is weird since I haven't seen the movies in a long time. I guess I always noticed it as a child.

PipSqueak-The Sing-a-long-a-sound-of-music sounds so cool! If I ever go to Britain, I would love to paticipate in that!

[ 11-30-2003: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 12-01-2003, 04:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PipSqueak:
<STRONG>to the person who was asking about Maria's trip when she's going up to the house for the first time, it was originally an accident but the director liked it because it showed her nervousness and excitement so he told her to do it in all the other takes. Can't believe I actually know that!</STRONG>
ooooh thanks so much for that elaboration! it is so cute cuz she just kept on going and singing even though she almost slipped! hehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] they did the right thing keeping it in the film.

and that sing-a-along sounds like great fun! i wish we had them here...you must feel like part of the movie participating and getting involved! way cool [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] purplestar [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Cotton Candy

I was singing "16 Going On 17" on the way to the train station today, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

Old 12-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by purplestar:
<STRONG>
and that sing-a-along sounds like great fun! i wish we had them here...you must feel like part of the movie participating and getting involved! way cool [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] purplestar [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That reminds me, another thing they have is that in the "big" scenes like the wedding or the nuns, the people who are dressed up as the characters involved in the scene can go up to the front and act it out at the same time, and recently sing-along-a-s-o-m made it into the national news because the stage collapsed with about 10 people dressed as nuns on it. Luckily no one was seriously hurt, but the hospital emergency department must have looked pretty funny - like something out of ER [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Cotton Candy

Wow! That sounds wild! I can't believe that they actually have that somewhere. It's so incredibly cool [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this movie [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I have it on video and dvd
I wanted the extras [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Cotton Candy

I'm still waiting for my video to come...

I hope to get it on DVD someday as well [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2003, 10:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Gosh, I would love to go to a sing-a-long, they do it for Rocky Horror too, I think. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Another thing mentioned on the DVD - during the wedding scene, it was a really cold day, and Julie Andrews was freezing because her wedding dress that she was wearing was paper-thin, although it looked beautiful, she was trying not to shiver during the scene. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Cotton Candy

It's cool knowing all of these little tidbits. Where did you guys find all of this out? Is it on the DVD?

Old 12-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Passionate Fan

PipSqueak, WOW! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] hehe but if i were there i'd be hysterical! i'd probably run around in the nun dresses like a crazy person. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2003, 11:05 PM
Cotton Candy

Enjoy these stills!

Old 12-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just rented it out on DVD. Haven't seen it in quite a while and it brought back lots of memories. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I suddenly remembered how I got into school at 3: the nuns asked me to sing "Mary Hand a Little Lamb" but I had no idea what it was. So, when they asked me to sing any song that I knew, I sang "Edelweiss." I was accepted right away. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Closed Thread   Post New Thread