Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Well I was hoping that one of the two young girls would make it...So I am just pleased that Keisha made it.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Addicted Fan

For Best Picture, I want LiT to win. I saw Seabiscuit and Mystic River, too, but LiT is my favorite out of all 3. I didn't see LoTR or Master & Commander, but I hated the first 2 LoTR and have no interest in M&C anyway.

Best Actor is hard to say because Bill Murray & Sean Penn were both excellent, in different ways. But I thought Penn was just a teensy bit overrated in MR. So I'm rooting for Murray.

I haven't seen any of the movies for Best Actress (although I really want to.) I love Naomi Watts and Diane Keaton though.

Supporting Actor, the only one I've seen is Tim Robbins, who was awesome. So I'll be happy if he wins.

Supporting Actress...Marcia Gay Harden is the only one I've seen...she was pretty awesome too. I just don't want Renee Zellweger to win. Can't stand her.

And for Best Director: Sofia. Because she rocks. And it's time for a woman to win. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

icon credit
Old 01-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by + - ReD - +:
<STRONG>i hope peter jackon wins best director.

i will be truly upset if he doesnt.</STRONG>
Same here. The guy just deserves it, he's the winner whether he gets the Oscar or not (which I'm hoping he will), LOTR is a monster project.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Absolute Fan

What I am most thrilled about is that Russell Crowe DID NOT get a nomination this year for Best Actor. I apologize if he is a favorite of anyones here but I personally do not favor him as an actor.

I truly want Peter Jackson and Lord Of The Rings: RoTK to win for BP and BD. All the efforts and all the hard work must not go unnoticed by the Academy on this film. I believe that LoTR has a chance because in my opinion, this installment of the trilogy is its best. The entire trilogy is amazing but RoTK was phenominal to me. Only nasty thing the Academy did for this film was that Sean Astin was overlooked for Best Supporting Actor. He did such a great job as Sam in this film and I was dissapointed he was not nominated.

Here are my predictions for the other catagories.

Best Actress: Charlize Theron
Best Actor: Sean Penn (Will he grace the Oscars with his presence finally?)
Best Supp. Actress: Rene Zellweger
Best Supp. Actor: Tim Robbins ( Although, I'd like to see Djimon Hounsou take this one)

Come February 29 I hope to be screaming for excitement for Peter and the LoTR as well as the rest of my predictions. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hee. Hooray for Hollywood! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited ImSchAFaNAtic ]
Old 02-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Did anyone see City of God? It's a really good movie, great direction from Merseilles (sp?). Although the events have a raw feel, it seems like a flow of events that were done by a good storyteller. There are some disturbing moments but then, it's, surprisingly, not gory. Go see it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Time to make my predictions.. here goes:

Best Picture:
Will Win ~ Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. There's no taking down the King. No other picture can even threaten it right now.
Should Win (IMO) ~ Lost in Translation. It was my favorite picture of the year so go figure.

Best Director:
Will Win ~ Peter Jackson. He's long overdue.
Should Win (IMO) ~ Sofia Coppola.

Best Actor:
Will Win ~ Sean Penn. I originally typed Bill Murray but decided to just go with Sean Penn. He's very deserving and really does give a great performance in "Mystic River." I think Murray's performance was better but I just think that it's Penn's time to walk away with the statue.
Should Win (IMO) ~ Bill Murray. My favorite performance of the year.

Best Actress:
Will Win ~ Charlize Theron.
Should Win (IMO) ~ Charlize Theron. Just give it to her already.

Best Supporting Actor:
Will Win ~ Tim Robbins. No doubt at this.
Should Win (IMO) ~ Benecio Del Toro.

Best Supporting Actress:
Will Win ~ Renee Zellwegger
Should Win (IMO) ~ Patricia Clarkson. I'm a bit biased but Clarkson is long overdue for an Oscar. I'd love to see her overthrow Zellwegger.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ++Cam++:
<STRONG>Did anyone see City of God? It's a really good movie, great direction from Merseilles (sp?). </STRONG>
I loved that movie. Meirelles (that's how it's spelled) was really good. I hoped it could win the awards for the screenplay and editing, but the odds don't look good.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

My picks---
Best picture: LOTR. There's no doubt it'll win.
Best director: Peter Jackson. He deserves it--what w/ all that $ and time spent on the trilogy.
Best actor: I wish that Johnny Depp would win 'cuz he was sooo funny in POTC, but either Bill Murray or Sean Penn will win.
Best actress: I want Diane Keaton to win 'cuz she was really great and deserves an award, but most likely Charlize Theron'll get the Oscar.
I'm not sure about the other awards, but Finding Nemo definitely should get Best Animated Film.

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
Old 02-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

ooh..I love predictions

Best Picture:
Will Win - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.
Should Win - Lord of The Rings: Return of the King.

While I think it should win, without a doubt, I'm not 100% sure it will win, but I'm hoping..I'm hoping [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Best Director:
Will Win - Peter Jackson.
Should Win - Peter Jackson. I will be SO upset if Peter doesn't win this award. (Not that people actually care that I'll be upset.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )

Best Actor:
Will Win - Sean Penn. He should've won the oscar before this role..but..eh..
Should Win - Bill Murray or Sir Ben Kingsley

Best Actress:
Will Win - Charlize Theron.
Should Win - Does it even matter for this category?Personally I'd love to see Keisha Castle-Hughes win, but that wont happen. I'm afraid Theron has it locked.

Best Supporting Actor:
Will Win - Tim Robbins.
Should Win - Alec Baldwin

Best Supporting Actress:
Will Win - Renee Zellwegger
Should Win - Patricia Clarkson. I didn't really like Renee in Cold Mountain. I hope she doesn't win for this role, when I'm sure she can win this with an actual deserving performance in a different movie at some other time. (IMHO)

I can't wait for Sunday.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 02-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Wow *Catherine* right on! you should be picking lottery nubmers [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm glad LotR won all 11 awards they deserved it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
icon *
Old 03-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Even though the winners were extremely obvious this week, they were ALL deserving. I'm glad with the way the award races ended. I feel for Bill Murray for not winning but Sean Penn is absolutely amazing so I understand his winning.

On to next years race..

All I can say is that Nicole Kidman should and possibly will be nominated for her performance in Dogville. She embodies Grace perfectly. The best part is that she's able to make such an impact while the whole movie is filmed on a sound stage with chalk lines resembling borders. Truly perfect.

I've heard positive buzz for Reese Witherspoon in Vanity Fair. I'd love to see her get a nod.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Extreme Fan

EverythingOscar.com has put up there year-in-advance predictions..

Picture
Alexander
The Aviator
Cinderella Man
Closer
An Unfinished Life

Actress
Nicole Kidman, Birth
Jennifer Lopez, An Unfinished Life
Gwyneth Paltrow, Proof
Julia Roberts, Closer
Reese Witherspoon, Vanity Fair

Actor
Russell Crowe, Cinderella Man
Tom Cruise, Collateral
Johnny Depp, J.M. Barrie's Neverland
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Aviator
Jude Law, Closer

I just can't see Jennifer Lopez nominated for an Oscar. Please say it won't happen.. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]