Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 PM
New Fan

So happy to see that this movie has a thread on
anglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love this movie soo much!! MAny scenes made me cry and I forgot my tissues lol
JessieLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

never over this movie tbh.

I love this castttttt
Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Seeing this fantastic film for the first time in 40 hours! I may not have seen it yet, but I know its fantastic! I'm a massive fan of the musical- seen it 3/4 times I think?- and I just cannot wait. Looking forward to seeing if Hugh and Russell can match the legendary Colm Wilkinson and Philip Quast from the 10th Anniversary DVD.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oscar noms for Anne and Hugh
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Oscar noms for Anne and Hugh
Like I said, I haven't seen it so cant really comment but as that has never stopped me before I'd like to remark my surprise that Tom Hooper didn't get a nomination for best Director...
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

that was quite a shock, I thought Tom did a great job
Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

IKR?? The whole concept of the live singing came from him and his style was the same as in The King's Speech, even better IMO... Sometimes the Academy just sucks.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

the live singing was genius, lbr
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Seen it. Literally cannot put into words how fantastic that was. Utterly amazing. I just... I just can't atm- it was just too good for words!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'm not surprised this movie didn't get AS many Oscar noms as people think it should have. It's British and Oscars are geared towards Americans at times. Luckily, it's nominated for like every BAFTA which is the British Oscars. It'll clean up there and hopefully take home some Oscars
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebobsh (View Post)
I'm not surprised this movie didn't get AS many Oscar noms as people think it should have. It's British and Oscars are geared towards Americans at times. Luckily, it's nominated for like every BAFTA which is the British Oscars. It'll clean up there and hopefully take home some Oscars
Daniel Day Lewis is the favourite for Best Actor at the Oscars for Lincoln, but I think Hugh will get it, due to the fact that DDL has already won it twice, and I'd be surprised if they gave it to the same actor on three occasions. I'd think more likely they'd give it to someone who hasn't won it before...
Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Daniel Day Lewis is the favourite for Best Actor at the Oscars for Lincoln, but I think Hugh will get it, due to the fact that DDL has already won it twice, and I'd be surprised if they gave it to the same actor on three occasions. I'd think more likely they'd give it to someone who hasn't won it before...
I don't know, everyone is raving about DDL. I can see them giving it to him again.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
OMG I hope you're right, Timmo! Because I will go nuts! And I agree... no one's won it 3 times yet. Although I have to agree that DDL is just one in a million and he may very well get it. But I am really crossing my fingers for Hugh because he was just heartbreaking!

And I'm so glad that Anne, Hugh, and the movie won at GG!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will cry if Anne and Hugh both win Oscars
Reply   Post New Thread