Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved this movie! It was good but only problem was that they teased us about the "kiss" at the end. There better be a kiss in the sequel!

You know, the bathroom scene, I thought he was actually drowning her until everything stopped... then you knew she was in hell.

Keanu was sexy, of course.

"Cover your eyes"
"Why?"
[Looks at her for a minute] "Suit yourself."

It might not be the exact same line but I thought that was cool.

"Please don't tell me this is not about a girl."
"This is def not about a girl."

Haha.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Keanu is awesome , like in every movie!!!

I watched it with a friend, and we had an interesting talk about the hell, heaven, religion and so on....really interesting this movie!!!!
patricia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Keanu was SO good as Constantine. I enjoyed Rachel Weisz, too. I've liked her ever since 'The Mummy.'

So I rented Constantine this week, mostly because my brother is staying with me and I knew he wanted to see it. I wasn't expecting to like it myself nearly as much as I did! It was interesting and edgy, but not scary, and it really held my attention. I think I'll be buying the DVD soon.

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought he fit this role well. He delivered his lines with a very deadpan humor that suited the movie and the character very nicely. While I don't think he's a great actor, I thought he did a good job in this one.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
jthorton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty

I think one of the reasons is that this is the only film (to my knowledge) where the Devil actually helps save the day to some degree at the end (this isn't spoilerish, so don't be worried if you haven't seen the film yet, but plan to).

I think this aspect is very daring and probably a lot of people really felt uncomfortable with that and is why it didn't go over very well with all the Christian Fundamentlism going on in this country right now.
The Prophecy had the Devil (Viggo Mortensen) saving the day because of the the angel Gabriel (played by Christopher Walken) wanted to destroy the world and needed to find the 'dark soul' (he couldn't stand that God loved people more than angels). He was fighting for God's love but he was doing with arrogance which makes him fall from grace, much as Constantine's Gabriel falls. Only in The Prophecy Satan takes Gabriel to hell with and in Constantine Gabriel is made human.

Viggo saves the day because there can't be two hells. In here, he can't allow his son to rule because he wants to rule.

It's the exact same thing. Only that there was no Viggo, sadly.

This movie rocked. I'm a Christian and I believe in many things.. So the movie mad eerie sense and gets mighty close to being a blue print for many Christians that like me, are always supicious of the world.

Let me just say that the angels gave me chills. When they showed the angel kneeling down next to the priest's body. That was awesome. I do hope a sequel comes. For me this movie isn't just another movie. It's a realization that the world for some people goes beyond flesh and blood. That sometimes to go to heaven you have to go through hell, spiritually I mean.

I'm sure the movie makers didn't think of it that way but it's what I took personally from the movie. Which has nothing to do with the filmmaker's intent.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Total Fan

I watched Constantine last week and thought it was totally awesome. There were so many crazy scenes. And I was so shocked to see Gavin Rossdale in it. I had no clue he was into acting.

I need to watch the movie again though. I had a hard time following it and was somewhat confused on some parts.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with most. I thought Keanu and Rachel fitted perfectly. And damn! they should of kissed at the end!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Keanu Reeves. He's a phenomenal actor, despite that surfer voice he'll never get rid of even when he's eighty.

Gavin Rossdale, total hottie. He's a decent actor too. And I adore Shia Leboeouf. He's amazing.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

This one was fun to watch!!!I enjoyed it altought i think that they could have done so much better!!!!!
satine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

i really loved gavin in this.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

I absolutely love this movie so much! I've watched it several times and I still find new stuff.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Collider Is Hosting a “Constantine: 15th Anniversary Reunion” Comic-Con@Home Panel
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

it always trips me out that John had to go under water in order to descend into hell, water into hellfire...oh the irony of that. he is such a posterchild for smoking yourself into terminal lung cancer. yikes.

only a moron would inhale 600 carcinogens into the most porous spot in your body....your lungs. smh.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread