Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw it this afternoon. I dozed off a couple of times, never a good sign in an action film.

My favorite actor was Tilda Swanson, as Gabriel. I hope they keep her for the sequel. I also liked Gavin Rossdale's character, but I don't imagine they'll bring him back from the dead. The guy who played Lucifer was pretty funny.
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Thought constantine was ermm.... okay... i'd give it a 2/5... wish it was more action-packed but here are some icons...

Old 02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Passionate Fan

i thought it was pretty decent. My friends didnt like it as much as i did but theyre not exactly reliable because they talked the whole time

The only major problem i had was the lack of backstory. I was pretty lost on some parts.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still have yet to see it! But tonight, hopefully, I will. *Cross my fingers*

By the way, the Constantine game for x-box is awesome! If the movie's anything like the game, then I already know I'll love it!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Back story was definitely mising. They over-explained the wrong things. With part 2 coming out, I hope its turns out like X-men 2, a billion times better than part one.

*Shetan* I cannot see the icons
Old 03-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

amazing movie i loved it! keanu reeves is so hot!
i feel like there will be constantine 2 or something
i ll buy its dvd the second i see it but im not going out so much these days..and the movie is better in cinema with the big screen and great voices..but i dont have a theatre room and i also need to watch it to see more details etc
pts.of.athrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedude
I saw it this afternoon. I dozed off a couple of times, never a good sign in an action film.
lol. the same thing happened to me. i love keanu reeves........he is so HOT. which is why i went to see the movie, but i hafta say that i really didnt care much for it. i found the movie very slow, maybe it was cuz it was the 11pm show, but i just cudnt keep my eyes open.

~kRiSg~
krisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

i went to the cineame in my best time,i was so comfortable,not sleepy,not hyper.allrightand keanu reves is SO SO SO HOT!! I'm falling in love with him!I just noticed that i was dreaming about him today..
Old 03-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedude
My favorite actor was Tilda Swanson, as Gabriel.

Gabriel - I smite thee, in his name!!!
*stops*
Lucifer - I'm afraid he doesn't have your back anymore

heh Best part of the movie.

I liked it, even better drunk when you could yell stuff out like "whoa" and "**** HER FOR ME NEO, FOR MEEEE!!!!" ha.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Angela Dodson: [Angela is about to transport into Hell via bathtub and has taken off her jacket] So, is this good or do I have to take off the rest of my clothes?
[pause]
Angela Dodson: John?
John Constantine: I'm thinking...

after this "im thinking" part he smiles naughtily and i just die
Old 03-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@uGHTy_GuRl_
Angela Dodson: [Angela is about to transport into Hell via bathtub and has taken off her jacket] So, is this good or do I have to take off the rest of my clothes?
[pause]
IMO, that is the best line of the entire film.

~kRiSg~
krisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

lol
i love him when he doesnt answer questions quite comfortably and i love him when he grins naughtily
eg
angela gets in the tub,asks sum stuff then he says "so ask if theres water in hell" ( i hope i heard it correct ) and she asks "so is there water in hell?" then he looks at her smiling naughtily...
Old 03-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hate to say this... But this is a medicore movie at best.

I'm not a fan of the graphic novels and don't claim to be. But the entire story is basically "been there, done that" to some degree.

The special and visual effects were good... But then again, do you really expect them *not* to be in a film like this?

It didn't do that well, overall, at the box office either. It's not even playing very many places and I am sure it'll be out on DVD by July (if not earlier).

I think one of the reasons is that this is the only film (to my knowledge) where the Devil actually helps save the day to some degree at the end (this isn't spoilerish, so don't be worried if you haven't seen the film yet, but plan to).

I think this aspect is very daring and probably a lot of people really felt uncomfortable with that and is why it didn't go over very well with all the Christian Fundamentlism going on in this country right now.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty

I think one of the reasons is that this is the only film (to my knowledge) where the Devil actually helps save the day to some degree at the end (this isn't spoilerish, so don't be worried if you haven't seen the film yet, but plan to).
I thought it was very clear he was only doing things for himself..in no way did he do it to help others.

I loved the spider and glass scene
Old 07-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Supreme Fan

I watched the movie this afternoon. 3 times actually. I'll watch it again in a minute or so I'm in love with this film. I know someone (more than someone) don't like it, but I totally loved it
I always liked Reachel Weisz, and I saw every movie Keanu made. Actually he's my favourite actor (and a beautiful man ). I so loved Constantine character, his 'I-deport-their-scaly-ass-right-back-to- Hell' attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@uGHTy_GuRl_
[pause]

after this "im thinking" part he smiles naughtily and i just die

My God that smile....
Johnnyboy is undenably sexy

PS: Do you know where I can find some music video about Constantine? (I don't have the time to do 'em by myself now)

"You're adorable" - Misha Collins 31/05/09
"Where were you when I was twenty?"- Jim Beaver 04/04/10
Swamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread