Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Christian Films #1

Okay so I'm starting up a thread for all and any Christian movies.

The OP isn't much but hopefully with feedback we can get something going here.

Take Care.

-R2R
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this thread

Besides the general Christmas movies that pop out during this season, I'm interested to see what other Christian movies have caught people's eye
Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Ronnie Thanks for getting the thread started Yeah, we can decorate the opening post later Maybe list some of the movies

The first Christian movie I can think of off hand is Chronicles of Narnia The whole metaphor of Christ and the lion
Old 12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

I have never watched the first Narnia, but I want to watch Prince Caspian, so I guess I'll watch both movies soon.

Jamie from A Walk To Remember is one my favorite Christian characters in a movie.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definately agree with Chronicles of Narnia. And Jamie from AWTR is definately a great Christian character.

Some others I would recommend are the Love Comes Softly movies (if you're into sappy 1800s romances).

And of course the movies based on the Left Behind books.
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great thread. I love the Love Comes Softly series. I have the first 3 and I need to get the rest. Another good movie is Cowboys and Angels

There's a new movie, I seen today and it looks like a good one. It's called Aces of Hearts.

I'm hooked on the Hallmark Channel.
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
DefLeppardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the thread.

The most recent Christian movie I saw was Fireproof. It was really good!
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Oh, I love some of the suggestions y'all have made. I didn't know some were Christian movies
Old 12-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

I'm discovering some myself!

I'm definitely going to start looking for more Christian oriented movies and start cutting back on everything else.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One that's real good, though you can tell it's a very low budget film, is "Facing the Giants". It's about this terrible football team and their coach who has all but given up hope but then his faith is restored and God becomes the center of not only his life but the life of his football players. Very moving. And there's a lot of great Christian music.

One song in particular that stands out is 'Voice of Truth' by Casting Crowns which is played at the end of the film. That song can be related in so many ways but the part that goes, "But the giants' calling out my name and he laughs at me, reminding me of all the times I tried before and failed. The giant keeps on telling me time and time again, boy you'll never win, you'll never win..." just totally brings the film home given that the title is called "Facing the Giants".
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Love the thread! I never actually saw Facing the Giants, but I definitely went and saw Fireproof. They were put together by the same church, and Fireproof definitely took the cake. It was such a powerful film, and to know that Kirk Cameron didn't want to be paid a dime to be apart of it is really incredible. In an interview on the Today show, he talked about how all the proceeds he would receive were being donated to his charity that he and his wife run for terminally ill children.

But back to the movie...

It really was a great film despite the obviously low budget. I felt it did a good job of not laying on the "Christian cheese" as I like to put it, that a lot of Christian movies sometimes do. They focused more on telling a story that happened to have Christ in it.

So in case I haven't made it perfectly clear, the moral of the story is: Go.See.Fireproof!
For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest. Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.” -Jamie Fraser
Lyns
Jasonsgurl310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
One that's real good, though you can tell it's a very low budget film, is "Facing the Giants". It's about this terrible football team and their coach who has all but given up hope but then his faith is restored and God becomes the center of not only his life but the life of his football players. Very moving. And there's a lot of great Christian music.

One song in particular that stands out is 'Voice of Truth' by Casting Crowns which is played at the end of the film. That song can be related in so many ways but the part that goes, "But the giants' calling out my name and he laughs at me, reminding me of all the times I tried before and failed. The giant keeps on telling me time and time again, boy you'll never win, you'll never win..." just totally brings the film home given that the title is called "Facing the Giants".
Oh good! I've seen Facing the Giant being played on Starz. I'll definitely try to catch it! Ohhh, Voice of Truth is a beautiful, beautiful song! I can't wait! That part of the song gives me the chills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsgurl310 (View Post)
Love the thread! I never actually saw Facing the Giants, but I definitely went and saw Fireproof. They were put together by the same church, and Fireproof definitely took the cake. It was such a powerful film, and to know that Kirk Cameron didn't want to be paid a dime to be apart of it is really incredible. In an interview on the Today show, he talked about how all the proceeds he would receive were being donated to his charity that he and his wife run for terminally ill children.

But back to the movie...

It really was a great film despite the obviously low budget. I felt it did a good job of not laying on the "Christian cheese" as I like to put it, that a lot of Christian movies sometimes do. They focused more on telling a story that happened to have Christ in it.

So in case I haven't made it perfectly clear, the moral of the story is: Go.See.Fireproof!
Fireproof sounds really good. That's a great story about Kirk Cameron!

Hee. Fireproof didn't make its way over here, but I'll look for the DVD. I'm very interested in the story and how the characters relationship with God develops throughout.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I have heard of "Facing the Giants" but I haven't seen it. And y'all have spoken so highly of "Fireproof" I'll have to see if I can find it to rent somewhere
Old 12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

That's how I feel about Fireproof. I've heard it's so good that now I really want to see it. It did well at the Box Office too for a limited release.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

I was thinking that I had never heard of Fireproof, but when you mention Kirk Cameron it rings a bell. I'll have to look it up

Facing the Giants, too.

I'm really glad for this thread, I had no idea at all about some of this stuff.