Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Addicted Fan

No, no, she wasn't calling Ian the friend. It's even better!! She was just casually referring to the both of them again with the 'we' and 'us.' I think it's a friend of theirs, because read the paragraph -- she refers to this friend telling "us" and "we" were making jokes on Twitter. And That's what Ian and Nina were doing, making those Trump jokes on Twitter.

Quote:
She continues, "A friend of mine actually has an alert on his cell phone -- a dead person alert -- so his cell phone told us. That's how we found out. We didn't think it was real and then they made the announcement. Twitter went crazy then we started making [Donald] Trump jokes."
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferH (View Post)
No, no, she wasn't calling Ian the friend. It's even better!! She was just casually referring to the both of them again with the 'we' and 'us.' I think it's a friend of theirs, because read the paragraph -- she refers to this friend telling "us" and "we" were making jokes on Twitter. And That's what Ian and Nina were doing, making those Trump jokes on Twitter.
I think she's referring to the cell phone as the other thing. The cell phone told them about the death b/c of the alerts set on it. As in ian's cell phone and then the 2 of them went on their funny twitter convo. But you could definitely read it either way.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasant (View Post)
I think she's referring to the cell phone as the other thing. The cell phone told them about the death b/c of the alerts set on it. As in ian's cell phone and then the 2 of them went on their funny twitter convo. But you could definitely read it either way.
Oh, I see. It could be that way too. I didn't see it that way, but that makes sense as well. I kinda prefer my way because then she isn't just calling Ian a friend -- even if it's just to keep their real relationship underwraps -- but both ways do work, yeah and it's probably the other. Ah well. Still cute.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:16 PM
New Fan

yeah, I prefer your way too. haha!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

either way works for me

so cute
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww thats a cute story from Nina. If Ian was just her friend she would have no problem mentioning that they were hanging out like she did when she mentioned casually hanging w/Paul & Torrey.

Last edited by tragedy; 05-05-2011 at 08:53 PM
Old 05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

I am waiting for an interview with Ian when he says, "I have this death alert on my phone..."
Old 05-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Funnily as soon as I read about the Osama news they received, I got the same idea as Jen. I do think the friend she was referring to is a friend because she continue later and talked about US and WE abot how they received the news and what they did with it. That WE n US I do feel is her and Ian. Now when she talked about anything and she includes Ian as part of her conversation. During her RS interview, Ian was mentioned a lot. Regarding the poster that was there. Peter was mentioning all three but she replied, look at him effortlessly looking good, about Ian. They are very much a couple in love. And obvious about it. Hehehehe.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Loyal Fan

It's funny how differently everyone can read the exact same text! well to me it sounds like she was with "a friend" who got the alert on his pho,e and the the 'we' and 'us' refer to her and her 'friend' (can't we just cut the "friend" and call him Ian right away? )

The thing is everybody knows she was in DC WITH IAN the day before so when she's saying she was still there the day after we will just ASSUME that they were still together (even though he stopped by NY for a while). Besides we all saw the tweets about Trump and she can only guess that whoever is following her might follow Ian as well.
But still she won't say that she was with Ian, her 'friend, co-star, big brother' whaterver term term both usually use for this historical moment...
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

Either interpretation works for me as well. I think this is another example of how much either of them talks about the other in their interviews. They just can't help it! Heh-heh!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the new tibid! I like both interpretations, the fact is that either way she was reffering to Ian including we and us, very couply. They had to joke about Trump because Obama was reffering to him at dinner the day before and it was fresh memories
Old 05-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone. Im new to this and I just want to say that I have been following your threads since day one, so now I have finally decided to register myself. Thank you so much for all of the information you have provided keep up the good work.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetvd40 (View Post)
After watching tonight's show and seeing the promo for next week its no wonder Ian and Nina haven't been apart. Doing emotional scenes together like that must have been gut wrenching. I think they needed this time together. i'm still amazed by tonights show.
that's what I was thinking while watching the episode. they have to pretend so many things with each other as their characters and the closer they are, the more surreal it must feel.

nice to see you post, Vik
Old 05-06-2011, 04:32 AM
NEP
Loyal Fan

A friend of mine was watching with me last night. She's not as "into" TVD as I am, and she really knows nothing of the Nian chatter.

Spoiler if you haven't watched yet-

The scene at the end with Damon and Elena.... My friend looked at me and said Ian had such real emotion on his face. She said, "They're really together, aren't they? It looks like he's watching his wife wake up from her deathbed or something."
Old 05-06-2011, 04:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
that's what I was thinking while watching the episode. they have to pretend so many things with each other as their characters and the closer they are, the more surreal it must feel.

nice to see you post, Vik
you guys are so funny! Nina and Paul have been shooting emotional scenes for 2 years now and they're not dating, Paul didn't break up with his gf to be with Nina. Yes, I agree, even Jane Austen wrote about the pretending on stage and what it can lead to but obviously it doesn't always lead to something. So these rationalizations after the fact really don't prove anything.