Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2006, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnie
But it's good to see that people are sensible and sensitive and respect their privacy.
Yes, it is! It is good that they can still enjoy moments like that with each other whilst out and about.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Agreed. Would love to have seen just one little, tiny, itty-bitty picture of the 'family moment'........LOL On the other hand, I'm glad they weren't bothered by anyone (now, a quick picture from afar wouldn't have bothered too much, would it? hehe. ). I try to picture what I would do, if I were in a store or something, and my all-time favorite celeb couple came in with my all time favorite new celeb baby........... hmmmm. My gosh, I would want SO MUCH to see that baby, and to take a picture, WITH them, not just OF them. I might be too chicken though, and would feel like a heel for bugging them!

On another note...... I was happy to hear about Matt Damon's new arrival as well! Another little girl. I think it is waaaaaaaay funny that these big, tough guys, who probably always pictured having sons that would play together (most men do assume they will father a son after all.............it's a manly thing............LOL My hubby assumed he would have boys, and we have two little girls that he loves dearly and isn't the least bit interested in trading them in ) now both have sweet little, baby girls that have them wrapped COMPLETELY around sweet, chubby fingers. Nothing sweeter than a strong daddy/daughter relationship....... and in our 'era' dads are so much more involved than they used to be, and it is so nice things have changed. My goodness...... I don't think my dad changed more than a diaper or two when I was young, and I was never close to him. In fact, I remember him talking about a time when I was a baby, and sick, and my mom left him alone with me to run to the store, and how he had no idea what to do with the huge volume of 'stuff' coming from both ends...........LOL Sooooooooooo glad times have changed, at least for most dads, K. Fed., Britney Spears' loser husband EXCLUDED of course! I do feel sorry for Britney, but only to a point. I would feel more empathy for her if she would take responsibility for her mistakes, and learn from them. Instead, she blames everyone else, and moves on to her next public 'oops'. I mean, REALLY, if she wanted to get out of the limelight a bit, and lay low, she could. Look at Ben and Jen......... and my goodness, Matt Damon is even more private. There are so many celeb couple these days that have welcomed new babies, and they manage just fine without the constant 'issues'. Yes, we all make mistakes......... and being a new parent is....... well, you learn on the job, so there are mistakes to be made. But, until Britney grows up a bit (and I don't mean her age, I mean her maturity level) and accepts responsibility for these constant issues....... the carseat is only the beginning, there is the high chair thing, and the tripping on pants that are too long with heels that are questionably high for a mother trying to tote her rather chubby baby on one hip and carry a drink in the other...... and let's not forget the driving with the child ON HER LAP, which trumps the car seat forward facing issue, big time. Blame the press? Come on. If she were that worried about the press causing harm to her son, she would have had the common sense to know that she placed him in greater danger, especially if the press were following her, and there was a chance of a car accident. Again, all these can be written off as new mom mistakes, made by a poor, young girl who can't seem to get out of the spot light. But, I just think she is going about it all wrong. You would think she would be on her best behavior when in public? Accept responsibility......... just say the words, I MADE A MISTAKE, and people will be a little more understanding. But, to pass the buck, over and over, blaming everyone else........ well, it is getting old. As I said, if she really wanted to get out of the media frenzy, she could..... many other very famous celebs manage, why not her? Oh, and her 'we're country' excuse for the driving on lap incident? Give me a break! What an insult to country folks who have common sense and use car seats. Sure, we all rode on our parents laps when we were young.......... HELLO, that was a generation ago, before parents were made aware (very aware) how many children are injured or die because they are not in car seats. We have the luxury of INFORMATION to help make decisions and keep our kids safe........ just takes a little common sense, that's all.

Okay, sorry for the rant........LOL And to think, I didn't even intend to comment on Britney Spears!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Addicted Fan

These 2 are so sweet together! Their one year anniversary's on the 29th, right?
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel

Last edited by sweetee; 06-25-2006 at 11:21 AM
Old 06-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I bet the Affleck family laughs a lot. Ben is known for a sense of humour, Jen as well. We need a tape of Ben going gaga over Violet--this big guy with a big head making faces at his little one.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

I would love that! Yeah, I was just thinking about this the other day, but both Ben and Jenn are so sweet and incredibly friendly and funny. When they're being interviewed you can just see that. They definitely have that homebody aspect, and seem perfect for each other. So cute!

Hrm, I hope we see a pic of them soon
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Posted by Amy at JF:

Quote:
"That's probably Jennifer texting me right now," says Victor Garber, as his phone buzzes. The London, Ont.-born actor is referring to Jennifer Garner, his former co-star on Alias and the only person for whom he's officiated a wedding (when she married Ben Affleck). "It's not like I'm ordained," says Garber, who was able to get the necessary papers over the Internet. "I put together some quotes that I thought were beautiful and I read a Shakespeare sonnet -- it was just us at a private island resort."
Source

Old 06-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Awwwwww that's so adorable that both Jen and Victor text each other. I can't help but think if them as father and daughter still.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, I love Jen and Victor. And aw at the wedding.

Thanks for posting.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Awww Victor is such a sweetie.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 06-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, that's so sweet. Thanks for that!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Victor isn't ordained wouldn't that make the marriage invalid?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think so. You only have to be licensed to perform a wedding ceremony. You do not have to be an ordained minister. Victor could have been licensed by the Church of the Mammals. Oops, sorry, could not resist that little gem.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:43 PM
New Fan

nice
Old 06-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
First came 'Good Will Hunting.' Next up could be 'Good Daughters Hunting.' BEN AFFLECK's daughter, VIOLET, and MATT DAMON's daughter, ISABELLA, are already becoming fast friends. I'm told a $1,000 gift basket from L.A. celebrity baby boutique, Petit Tr�sor, was recently delivered to Isabella. The card apparently read, "Dear Isabella -- Welcome to the planet. I can't wait for our first play date! Love, Violet." Included among the goodies were a cashmere wrap for mom LUCIANA, a pink cashmere baby outfit, a diaper bag, a stuffed animal, a photo album, a mobile and a pair of booties.
Hee.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Only the civil wedding at the townhall is valid. The religious or "religious" marriage doesn't make a marriage legal, it's a bonus.
Lovely message "from" Violet to Isabella.