Old 09-21-2021, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Hey guys. I hope everyone is ok.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sarah! I hope you're feeling well.

Hi, sum1! I hope you got enough sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
No problem. Yep, and what's ironic Disney will forget all about that when it causes them to lose them money because just like every other company their main goal is making money.

The Wal-Mart I go to had Star Wars merchandise that would shelf-warm after TLJ but ever since The Madalorian had Luke's return merchandise have been sold out ever since.

The same thing happened with Hasbro with Transformers in the 80s.

I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.

Hi, dragonfire! I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too.

Yeah, those sequels will probably become irrelevant soon enough, and I doubt they'll stand the test of time like the originals. But Disney is really pissing me off now.

Shelf warm? What does that mean? I'm not surprised that stuff started selling out after The Mandalorian. I heard Kathleen Kennedy wasn't too pleased about Luke's return.

Goodnight, dragonfire!
Old 09-21-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Yeah, those sequels will probably become irrelevant soon enough, and I doubt they'll stand the test of time like the originals. But Disney is really pissing me off now.

Shelf warm? What does that mean? I'm not surprised that stuff started selling out after The Mandalorian. I heard Kathleen Kennedy wasn't too pleased about Luke's return.

Goodnight, dragonfire!
Hey Alex. Good, no problem. Thanks.

Yep. I know.

It means this.

Quote:
Shelfwarmer is the colloquial term for a toy or product that either fails to sell well or is over-produced, leaving residual quantities on store shelves for months or even years after its original release, conspicuously more than other toys from the same waves... or from from the same toyline as a whole... or even subsequent toylines.

he phenomenon is of course heavily regional and the evidence largely anecdotal, as toys can linger in one area but sell briskly in others, especially in different nations where case ratios can be radically different. But there are plenty of notable examples widespread enough that most fans and collectors can agree... that toy just didn't sell.

The related term pegwarmer refers to toys packaged on cards, lingering unwanted for years on pegs instead of shelves.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shelfwarmer

Same. If she wasn't then too bad because between an agenda or making the big money from merchandise Disney just like any other company will always choose the latter.

Thanks. I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Rainy day
Old 09-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tired.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
Rainy day
ha, it's raining cats and dogs where I am
Old 09-22-2021, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Sarah! I hope you're doing okay. Try to stay dry.

Hi, Marvelous Toons! Rainy where you are too, huh? It was sunny and warm here.

Hi, sum1! I hope you got some sleep.

Oh, "shelf warmer." I know what that means. You said "shelf warm."

Yes, that's totally true. But I think I mentioned before that Kathleen Kennedy seems like she's just standing on the shoulders of other men's accomplishments. She was there when Lucas and Spielberg were making cinematic history, but she only got involved with them because of her husband, Frank Marshall, who was Spielberg's producing partner on Raiders of the Lost Ark and Poltergeist. Kennedy worked on E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial with Spielberg, and afterwards, she, her husband, and Spielberg co-founded Amblin Entertainment. But again, there would be no Amblin without the genius that is Spielberg, just like there would be no Lucasfilm without George Lucas. I think Kennedy was always jealous and envious of what George and Steven were able to accomplish, and that's why she's trying to destroy everything that they created and put a feminist spin on everything... to compensate for her not being talented enough to create anything of her own. She's Salieri to Spielberg and Lucas' Mozart.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Oh, "shelf warmer." I know what that means. You said "shelf warm."

Yes, that's totally true. But I think I mentioned before that Kathleen Kennedy seems like she's just standing on the shoulders of other men's accomplishments. She was there when Lucas and Spielberg were making cinematic history, but she only got involved with them because of her husband, Frank Marshall, who was Spielberg's producing partner on Raiders of the Lost Ark and Poltergeist. Kennedy worked on E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial with Spielberg, and afterwards, she, her husband, and Spielberg co-founded Amblin Entertainment. But again, there would be no Amblin without the genius that is Spielberg, just like there would be no Lucasfilm without George Lucas. I think Kennedy was always jealous and envious of what George and Steven were able to accomplish, and that's why she's trying to destroy everything that they created and put a feminist spin on everything... to compensate for her not being talented enough to create anything of her own. She's Salieri to Spielberg and Lucas' Mozart.

Yep. Oh, ok. True.

I see.

I hope everyone is ok, and good day as well.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousToons (View Post)
ha, it's raining cats and dogs where I am
Yes it was pretty wet here
Old 09-23-2021, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a pretty harsh take on Kathleen Kennedy, Alex. I don't like her (she laughed at the idea of restoring the Star Wars Original Trilogy), but I don't know if I'd go that far. You make it very... gendered.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Morning
Old 09-23-2021, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good morning, Sarah! I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier, but I was doing a watch with Tia on the Legends board. Batman vs. Robin.

I hope you're feeling okay today. We got a thunderstorm here, so it was wet and soggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
That's a pretty harsh take on Kathleen Kennedy, Alex. I don't like her (she laughed at the idea of restoring the Star Wars Original Trilogy), but I don't know if I'd go that far. You make it very... gendered.

Well, I'm sorry if it looks that way, sum1, but let's not forget that Kennedy is the one who made it gendered. Did you not see what she had Johnson and Abrams do with Rey and Luke in the sequels? Do you not remember Laura Dern's character and what she said to Oscar Issac's character, Poe, when all he wanted was a situation report on what was going on and just wanted to know what he could to do help? She offered this snide, condescending remark about how guys like him, flyboys, hotshots, were no longer needed and caused more trouble than they solved, and then told him that he should just stand back and let her take care of everything. That was a direct shot against Han Solo, and it was one of the many things that made The Last Jedi so utterly annoying and insulting.

Everything about the new trilogy was a gendered attack, sum1. Kennedy is standing on the shoulders of giants, Lucas and Spielberg, and she wouldn't even have been involved with either of them if not for her husband, Frank Marshall. But now she's taking it upon herself to "feminize" Star Wars, destroying Luke and Han and propping up Rey as a Mary Sue wish fulfillment character who has no real character development and doesn't earn anything she does in the film. And of course, her minions, Abrams and Johnson, are these beta-male dweebs who go along with it because they grew up watching alpha male superheroes that they knew they could never be, so this is their "woke" revenge. And if the rumors about the next Indiana Jones movie are true, then Kennedy intends to desecrate Indiana Jones as well. And like you said, she laughed at the idea of restoring the original trilogy to the way Lucas had filmed it. She laughed.

So I'm sorry if my attack sounds gendered, but Kennedy is the one who made it gendered, since there's nothing about the new movies that isn't a gendered attack.

To quote John Rambo, "They drew first blood, not me... they drew first blood."

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 09-23-2021 at 05:55 PM
Old 09-23-2021, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Morning
Old 09-24-2021, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi, Sarah.
Quote:
Well, I'm sorry if it looks that way, sum1, but let's not forget that Kennedy is the one who made it gendered. Did you not see what she had Johnson and Abrams do with Rey and Luke in the sequels? Do you not remember Laura Dern's character and what she said to Oscar Issac's character, Poe, when all he wanted was a situation report on what was going on and just wanted to know what he could to do help? She offered this snide, condescending remark about how guys like him, flyboys, hotshots, were no longer needed and caused more trouble than they solved, and then told him that he should just stand back and let her take care of everything. That was a direct shot against Han Solo, and it was one of the many things that made The Last Jedi so utterly annoying and insulting.
I think that's Rian Johnson, not Kathleen Kennedy.