Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2021, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Again, any news, dragonfire?
If there was any new news I would have already posted it.

Besides, seems DC/WB has been taking the attention.

A new Batman animated series from Reeves, Abrams, and Timm on HBO Max. Also a new Superman animated series on HBO Max.

Trailer for Batman: Long Halloween part 2 animated movie. Injustice animated movie.

Leaked images of The Batman movie. The Flash movie seemingly filming Batman stuff, and recently pictures of Miller's, Keaton's, and Affleck's set chairs was posted.

Batgirl movie has directors, seems Batgirl is Babs, and the movie will be on HBO Max.

Green Lantern HBO Max show casted Alan Scott. Black Adam, Black Adam's costume was teased by the Rock. Also the Rock is playing Krypto in DC Super Pets animated movie.

Aquaman 2 Momoa revealed he helped with the script. Titans S3 release date is August on HBO Max.

There's probably more I'm forgetting but you get the idea.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, dragonfire.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all that info, dragonfire. The Long Halloween is gonna be cool.

So far no X-Men news, huh? Okay, we'll settle for DC news.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for all that info, dragonfire. The Long Halloween is gonna be cool.

So far no X-Men news, huh? Okay, we'll settle for DC news.
No problem. Yep.

No. Thanks, and here's something I realized earlier.

While WB/DC is coming out with a new Batman animated series on HBO Max probably in 2022 which is the 30th anniversary of Batman: TAS.

Disney/Marvel is still not doing the same with a new X-Men animated series on Disney+ even though the creators of X-Men: TAS wants to do it.

Also with The Batman movie, probably the new Batman animated series on HBO Max, The Flash Movie with Keaton, and Affleck, Gotham Knights video game, etc. etc.

2022 looks to be like Batman's biggest year yet.

No problem Sum.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, dragonfire!

Ah, I see. OMG, do you know what I just realized? I remember when the original Batman: TAS first premiered on FOX in 1992.

I don't know if Disney is even planning on doing anything in animation for Marvel. It seems like DC still owns them in that area.

Let's see how it goes first, dragonfire. Just because either Disney/Marvel or WB/DC/HBO plans on something doesn't mean it's gonna be good.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't know if Disney is even planning on doing anything in animation for Marvel. It seems like DC still owns them in that area.
You obviously haven't been paying attention. They already have the Modok animated show and god knows what other stuff.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, but who cares? The DCAU has been far better than anything Marvel's come up with. The best show they had was Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and the stuff they've done since then has been crap, mostly due to the MCU.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Well, considering after they got the rights to the X-Men, and F4 they put Feige in charge of pretty much everything of Marvel, I expect Disney wants new animated shows on Disney+ especially X-Men.

Also since it seems the 90s stuff is making a comeback it wouldn't feel like a full comeback without a new X-Men animated series.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

90s stuff is making a comeback? Where did you hear this? We're still in the midst of 80s nostalgia.

Yeah, but Disney just acquired Fox, along with the X-Men and FF, so we'll see.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
90s stuff is making a comeback? Where did you hear this? We're still in the midst of 80s nostalgia.

Yeah, but Disney just acquired Fox, along with the X-Men and FF, so we'll see.
Well, the Animatics show returned, a new Batman animated series is coming which seems be like a spiritual successor to Batman: TAS, and Hasbro could be doing a reboot of MMPR.

There's a Fresh Prince of Bel Air reboot in the works for Peacock, and there's the Friends reunion thing on HBO Max.

The new Jurassic World movie reunites the three original leads from the original Jurassic Park movie. Hocus Pocus 2 is finally coming out. Keaton is returning as Batman which yes I know his Batman is from 1989 but I'm still counting it.

Sonic, and with Sonic Jim Carrey. Space Jam 2 is also finally coming out. Face/Off is getting a sequel. Disney live-action remakes of Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin, and the Loin King.

There was already a sequel/reboot of Boy Meets World, Full House, and Roseanne. There was the short-lived thing with BH 90120. Last year there was a Super Bowl commercial about Edgar Scissorhands the Son of Edward/Kim.

Ducktales, and Darkwing Duck had reboots.

There's probably more I'm forgetting about but basically 90s stuff are making a comeback, they been making a comeback, and sooner or later X-Men animated show will join that comeback.

Shoot in the comics 90s X-Men stuff are already making a comeback.

Ok.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, they're doing a lot of remakes and reboots? How lazy, boring, and unoriginal.

Yeah, I can see some 90s stuff making a comeback, but there's still too much 80s nostalgia hanging around as well.

90s X-Men comics coming back should make sum1 happy. The 1990s were the last great period in comic books.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wow, they're doing a lot of remakes and reboots? How lazy, boring, and unoriginal.

Yeah, I can see some 90s stuff making a comeback, but there's still too much 80s nostalgia hanging around as well.

90s X-Men comics coming back should make sum1 happy. The 1990s were the last great period in comic books.
This is why I won't be surprise if/when they reboot Casper, and maybe do a Casper 95 sequel on Peacock as well.

True.
'
I see.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, but who cares? The DCAU has been far better than anything Marvel's come up with. The best show they had was Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and the stuff they've done since then has been crap, mostly due to the MCU.
Who cares about animated shows anyway?
Old 05-26-2021, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What is up with you and Peacock, dragonfire? Who wants that? I think they're gonna want a new Casper movie, but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Who cares about animated shows anyway?
Normally I wouldn't care, sum1, but DC and WB's animated films have been so good, they've actually been better than most Hollywood live action superhero movies.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What is up with you and Peacock, dragonfire? Who wants that? I think they're gonna want a new Casper movie, but we'll see.

Well, since it's Comcast/Universal online streaming service that would be where they would release it. They already released Casper 95 on Peacock.

I said it before and I'll say it again. They can do both.