Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2020, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, sum1, but at the same time I'm worried about how the MCU would cast Logan. They're not interested in respecting the comics at all. The MCU might as well be called the Feige-verse.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a worry.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Now you know why I can't stand the bastard. He's a disgrace to Marvel and everything Stan Lee stood for.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think you attribute far too much to him alone. He answers to Disney and anyway, Marvel was going wrong before Disney took them over.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, I think I know the guy pretty well. The first Iron Man was excellent when it was done by Paramount alone, before Disney got involved. But Feige's the reason why one filmmaker after another began to jump ship, and it was Feige who ultimately decided to shoehorn Edgar Wright's Ant-Man into the MCU at the expense of storytelling logic or necessity, saying "you don't need Hank Pym to have Ultron." Feige is the one who decided to call them "Infinity Stones" instead of Gems, and Feige chose to cast Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One, saying that the casting "didn't matter." Feige is the one who decided that Thanos would be the main villain, yet didn't even bother to develop his storyline, and only now, after the story is over, is he developing The Eternals. Feige chose to keep Adam Warlock out of his own storyline, and he's the one who made the decision to omit Mar-Vell from Captain Marvel. He could've said no, and stuck with his original plan to have Mar-Vell in there, but no, he chose to get all "#metoo." And the First Class X-Men films and Logan were doing pretty well until Apocalypse. Oh, and need I remind you how superior Andrew Garfield is to Tom Holland? And now Feige has control over almost every aspect of Marvel. I swear, I have never despised anyone as much as I despise him. Marvel was so great before that jerk came along. Lauren Shuler-Donner should never have put him in charge of Marvel Productions.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

The first Iron Man film was absolute garbage and that was before Disney.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay. Most people feel the first Iron Man was the best, but we'll agree to disagree. The point is that Feige is running Marvel into the ground. He's not interested in telling stories or filmmaking, he's interested in franchising. He's just throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. Inhumans flopped so that got scrapped, and now he's going for The Eternals. Daredevil, The Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones all got axed. Cloak & Dagger came and went. And now he's gonna mess up Fantastic Four and X-Men.

But he's not telling the stories in any continuity or in any way that makes sense. They're all out of sequence like a puzzle put together the wrong way, and this is what I can't forgive him for. He's not adapting the Marvel Universe to the screen, he's creating his own Feige-verse, like a comic book geek who now has all of Marvel as a new toy. I've never seen anyone have this much power and control over Marvel, and it's not good. He'll oversaturate things and run it into the ground. Now he's gonna make Captain Marvel the focus of the MCU and have her lead two teams, the all-female A-Force and the Ultimates. WTF? The Ultimates is a totally separate universe that doesn't exist anymore. What is his problem? He's not a storyteller, a writer, a filmmaker, or an artist, he's just a studio executive who knows a lot about comics, but he's not artistically inclined. He's just throwing everything together in a pile to see what comes out.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

The only tolerable Iron Man film was number two. Iron Man 1 was boring. Iron Man 3 was atrocious.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well okay. I personally would've done Iron Man 2 differently, though. I would've used the Armor War storyline, and had Justin Hammer closer to his comics version, along with his Death Squad - Whiplash, Force, Shockwave, etc., along with Crimson Dynamo. But hey, that's just me.

I agree with you about Iron Man 3. I would've definitely told the Mandarin storyline better. The Extremis storyline wasn't handled properly.

Oh, remember my six volume idea for fixing the MCU? Upon further review, it would have to be seven. Volume V would've combined the Kree-Skrull War and The Korvac Saga, but I don't think I can squeeze both of them into one volume.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

With Black Widow and with Don Cheadle taking over as Rhodey, plus considerable Samuel L Jackson and also Mickey Rourke (he wasn't Russian, but he sure plays crazy well), the second film has to be the best.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know. I didn't like Don Cheadle as Rhodey. He doesn't look like Rhodey from the comics. I preferred. I liked Terrence Howard. I wasn't a fan of Mickey Rourke, though. His fake Russian accent was terrible, and he didn't even wear the Whiplash outfit. What was up with the dreadlocks? That's just not Whiplash from the comics. I would've preferred an actual Eastern European actress to play Black Widow.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Terrence Howard was dreadful as Rhodey. He generally annoys the crap out of me and this was no exception. Don Cheadle is a great actor and he added depth to Rhodey. Howard certainly doesn't look any more like Rhodey than Cheadle does. Who cares about Whiplash from the comics? Nothing, no-name villain. Scarlett Johansson is one of the best actors in the MCU. Her presence in the role elevated a character I was never interested in before.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay.

As for Whiplash, that's the reason why I would've done the Armor Wars storyline featuring Justin Hammer's Death Squad, including Whiplash, Force, Shockwave, and whomever else was on that thing. Also Ghost and Crimson Dynamo.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

That would have been interesting.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
That would have been interesting.
Thank you. Yes, I'd have made it quite interesting by following the comics and not assuming I can do better than the comic writers, unlike Feige. Oh, and my Captain America trilogy would have the Winter Soldier storyline in the third film, and the Serpent Society in the second film. Captain America: The Hydra Initiative, or Captain America: Super Soldier. I can't decide. I'd also have Jim Hammond/Human Torch in the story as well.

I loved the Armor Wars storyline when it came out in the 80s. One of the best storylines of that decade.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-05-2020 at 05:25 PM