Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, because of Bishop letting them know there was another timeline and that their timeline never should've happened. I forgot who went back in time to stop Legion from killing his father, Charles Xavier, in the first place. And Age of Apocalypse was basically another version of Days of Future Past.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

They didn't go back in time to stop Legion killing his father. They went back in time to stop him killing Magneto and he killed Xavier by accident instead. Age of Apocalypse was pretty different from Days of Future Past. It was a mutant-dominated setting, not a setting where mutants were all persecuted by humans and the Sentinels.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
They didn't go back in time to stop Legion killing his father. They went back in time to stop him killing Magneto and he killed Xavier by accident instead. Age of Apocalypse was pretty different from Days of Future Past. It was a mutant-dominated setting, not a setting where mutants were all persecuted by humans and the Sentinels.
Yeah, but that's what I mean. How did they stop Legion from accidentally killing Charles Xavier in the climax of Age of Apocalypse? I remember that entire alternate universe going boom as Magneto and Rogue just held each other and waited for their existence as they new it to end.

And I'm changing the title of the thread again, as there's a new episode airing tonight!
Old 10-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bishop goes back in time and fixes things.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ahh, thanks. I figured he was the one since he was already time displaced to begin with. And I think evil Hank and young Nathan were the only ones to make it out of that timeline into the 616 timeline.

Did anyone get to see last night's episode of The Gifted?
Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Apocalypse's son Holocaust also made it into the mainstream timeline, beat Exodus, killed Rusty Collins, etc. Fought the X-Man a lot.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, thanks for that, sum1. I only knew of X-Man and evil Beast.

I just saw The Gifted. I have to say this show is getting better. They devoted a lot more time to Jace Turner's storyline about the death of his daughter during the July 15th incident(which is beginning to resemble the Heroes: Reborn storyline). Not much with the Strucker family in this episode, other than Reed proving his worth to the Mutant Underground and Lauren using her power to assist her mother in surgery on the mutant that got shot in the last episode.

As for where the hell The Gifted exists as far as the X-Universe timeline goes, I have no fing clue. This is clearly not in the Logan timeline, which we must now assume is an alternate timeline similar to the Old Man Logan timeline, nor does it seem to fit in with the original X-Men trilogy. I have no idea if it aligns with the First Class trilogy or not, thanks to Days of Future Past and Apocalypse screwing things up.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

The X-Men timeline is all screwed up.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's because they chose to do that First Class stuff instead of biting the bullet and just rebooting after The Last Stand. But they didn't wanna let go of Hugh Jackman.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's more than that. There's all the confusion about where Logan, Deadpool and other things fit in.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
It's more than that. There's all the confusion about where Logan, Deadpool and other things fit in.
I think they've implied that Logan is part of the Old Man Logan continuity, and therefore exists outside the main continuity. And who knows about Deadpool? Even he said he wasn't sure where his movie fit in.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Fox X-Men franchise hasn't held close enough to the Marvel comics' continuity for us to be able to say with certainty that the Logan film is within Mavel's Old Man Logan continuity. The film certainly didn't make it clear where it fitted in, except that the X1 Statue of Liberty showdown had happened in its past. And Deadpool opens up a whole new area of questions.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, Logan did mention the Statue of Liberty, but Days of Future Past pretty much made that moot. So Logan is in a continuity where the future with the Sentinels never happened, but also where Logan never went back in time to change the past, either. It picks up seemingly where X-Men: The Last Stand ended, and is outside the First Class continuity. And Deadpool... yeah, I have no idea. It's obviously not in the Origins continuity. But where The Gifted fits in... yeah, this is confusing as f
Old 11-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think your deductions necessaarily follow. In Days of Future Past they introduced a theory that suggested some events will happen even if you change the past. With that, Logan could have changed the past and X1's Statue of Liberty showdown could still have happened. X3 got cancelled out, as seen in the end of Days of future Past, but not X1. And Logan in Logan probably remembers all the cancelled timeline stuff anyway, as per the end of Day of Future Past. I think Logan follows on from all the movies with Wolverine in them. That's the most obvious conclusion.

We already know that Days of Future Past doesn't cancel out X1, because Rogue has the white streak in her hair at the end of Days of Future Past, which she got in the Statue of Liberty incident. But at the same time, X3 is cancelled out, because Scott and Jean are still alive. And X2 is probably gone as well, because X3 follows directly on it.

Last edited by sum1; 11-04-2017 at 06:51 PM
Old 11-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I'll answer that later because all this continuity stuff is confusing.

Did anyone watch the new episode of The Gifted? I'll post my thoughts later after I watch it.