Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Relationship/Friendship Advice & Support thread #7: "The best feeling is knowing you mean something to someone."

The Relationship/Friendship Advice & Support Group members:

1. Anna-wa(Anna)
2. Youmademeseeit
3. Emsnao(Nisha)
4. Hogglebee
5. DreadPirateRoberts(Rachel)
6. MissAndieWitter(Mal)
7. that's a bingo
8. - bad romance -
9. missy7280(Marissa)
10. *Fatima*(Fatima)
11. ~Khaleesi~
12. Electrapop
13. Tiffers(Tiffany)
14. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
15. Lisi20
16. Uh Blah(Louis)
17. throwawaythekey
18. MBfan19(Wendy)
19. Fer_92(Fer)
20. actualreality86
21. weena
22. dr.Corday
23. Avatar
24. *KindKennen*(Karen)
25. Ron_Cullen(Ron)
26. McSexie
27. vicious_boy
28. David'sgirl12(Krystal)
29. hann
30. Katriin
31. oywidapoodles
32. ~°~Dani~°~
33. Future husband of Kelly.
34. WeBuiltThePyramids(Nicole)
35. Mimmie
36. yashila(Dominique)
37. evielost(Evie)
38. Ella_Ocean(Ella)
39. xlennie(Heleen)
40. Age-a-licious(Adrienne)
41. Just Peachy
42. only dreaming(Mel)
43. ~Adema~(Andrea)
44. CosmicLove(Brooke)
45. jessec12(Jessica)
46. Primordial(Clint)
47. *Nette*(Anette)
48. worththeriskx(Sam)
49. bh11000(Barbara)
50. AAVaria(Nila)
51. Elena_1716(Mari)
52. BreanBamonFan(Quin)
53. Talkative One(Sarah)
54. lonely sidewalk(Nik)
55. ShineSoBright23(Clair)
56. Rolfi Cole(Rolfi)
57. Khleoswife
58. Sweet Embrace (Theresa)
59. sweetpeaches11
60. Elena_1716
61. Chrissy (Chrissy)
62. actualreality86(Mandie)
63. here comes the sun(Jenn)
64. richerthanyou
65. BreanBamonFan
66. He Is Mighty To Save (Mandie)
67. Elena_1716 (Mari)
68. quin611
70. ~Amarula~ (bridget)
71. Krysie
72. Red Diamonds
73. sourburst
74. holding my heart ( Candice)
75. IrishSouthernBelle

Quotes:
"Stop looking for a partner. Focus on yourself and rebuilding your life.
Eventually the right person will find you."
"Distance means nothing when someone means everything."

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."

Last edited by Sweet Embrace; 08-07-2015 at 04:18 AM
Old 08-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Tfnt.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Could you change my name on the list, please? It used to be Miss Chambers
Old 08-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, l am on a list. Usually l never get put on lists. Only been on one list ever at FF (except for now).
Old 08-06-2015, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've amended it, and spruced the OP a little

Old 08-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you Theresa How's everyone doing?
Old 08-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Theresa!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Teresa great job as always. Would you add me to the list though please.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added you! You're welcome, guys. Let me know if you want anything else in the OP

Old 08-07-2015, 05:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you
Old 08-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry for the long post, but I thought this was the right place to post it cause it involves my relationship with my boyfriend and with people in general, so...Do you guys have a flaw you just can't get rid of? I have three that really bother me. 1) I'm too loud. I was raised in a loud home, everyone here is like that, so I don't even realize I'm talking to loud unless someone points it out, and whenever they do, I always feel like digging a hole and burying myself in it, cause I get SO embarrassed. I KNOW how annoying it is to have someone talking too loud, I hate it too, so I hate myself when I do it without realizing it, yet I can't help myself, whenever I'm too excited or too angry about something, it happens

So, yesterday I was excited because we had to do a presentation at school, and I was also very angry at a very arrogant guy that is in my class, and I was telling Mateus about it, and at one point he stopped me and asked me to lower my voice. But I thought he sounded kinda rude, you know, like he was cutting me off cause he couldn't stand me going on about that story anymore, so I just stopped talking and moved on to taking my medicine and then preparing my food. Of course he pointed out I got too quiet, so I said well I was just drinking water, how would I talk while doing that? And he was super offended at that He said I was being snappy - I don't even know if that's a word, but that's the best I could think of for this. Which is flaw 2) I'm snappy. ALSO without realizing it. I alwyas think I'm simply answering a question or replying to what someone has just said to me, and somehow that comes out short, rude, snappy, and people (I mean all people, family, friends, boyfriend, strangers), ALL have pointed that out, and I NEVER know what I've done, or what to do not to let that happen again, because I seriously don't see it, and I feel like a terrible person for treating people badly without even realizing it. I've dealt with this my entire life, literally since I was a kid I've been accused of being snappy, it kept people away from me because they think I'm like that without even getting to know me, it got me complaints from students where I used to work (because when they asked me a question and I answered, while I thought I was just answering, they felt like I was saying DUH how don't you understand this). It has made me super self conscious of my behavior, what words I use, how I use them, I feel like I'm always walking on eggshells and STILL failing at not letting it happen, because it keeps happening whenever I feel like I'm comfortable enough with someone not to have to think ten times before saying something to them.

Anyway, he thought I was snappy because of the water comment, cause it was something obvious, so like my ex students, he thought I was giving him a "duh you're stupid" comment, rather than an honest answer.

And I explained all this to him in a long talk, which is flaw 3) my inability to move on from things. I feel suffocated by things that are bothering me unless I talk about them. This is not with everyone because I don't feel that close to that many people to have long talks like that, and I know 99,9% of people are bored by that, anyway. But Mateus and I always had this thing, we talk. So he's really the only person I torture with my need to work through feelings with words. And it's okay, it's good that we do that, but I wish I could just say "look, I'm sorry I offended you, but that was not my intention at all, okay?" and MOVE ON, like, not have to talk about it for two hours. I tried this yesterday, I said those words exactly, he said the same too, that he also didn't mean to be rude when he asked me to lower my voice, we both said we were sorry, and he tried to move on to another topic. But eventually, I got quiet again, cause what happened was STILL in my head, still bothering me, so we talked about it, and I cried about it, until eventually we worked it out and things were fine again. But you see what I mean? I couldn't just move on. Why can't I do it?? And this is a problem I have with everything in my life. Every time something doesn't go as planned, I relive that in my head, recreating all the possible scenarios in which it could've worked better. It's...draining, you know, it's tiring, to always be thinking what I could've done better. I need to quit doing this, and I try it and I fail constantly
Old 08-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey there First of all, I'm really sorry that you're sad and I understand how much these things can you eat up instead so I hope things improve for you. Second, I don't think that being loud is necessarily a flaw, especially not if you're loud when you're excited or emotional, that's just a part of who you are. My thing with "flaws" is that I feel like you have to embrace them, embrace the fact that you're loud and that's who you are and then if somebody points it out to you just laugh it off if you can like ... " I didn't realize, oops ". It's not a flaw to have, it's just a characteristic that you have and that's ok .
The other two flaws you mentioned are things I absolutely understand. I also have a tendency to just snap at people and it always makes me come across as rude and annoyed when that's not the case. It really is something to work on. As for the third flaw, you're lucky you have someone who is willing to discuss things with you and it's better to actually let it all out instead of letting it fester to be honest so don't worry about that. Learn to pick your battles but otherwise if something does bother you then talk about it and explain yourself and discuss it until it doesn't. What's important is that in the end all is better.
I hope everything improves for you and you feel better

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 08-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel much better now, thank you Sheida
Old 08-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I go to my first sonogram tomorrow! I'm excited.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
I go to my first sonogram tomorrow! I'm excited.
Congrats Tina
Closed Thread   Post New Thread