Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2022, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Apparently, the Conservatives might bring back Boris. And, if so, we will all have confirmation (though none is needed) that they really think they are above the law. It's a continuation of the same elitist BS worlview the GOP peddles on this side of the ocean.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 10-22-2022, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've seen those before. They are funny.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:37 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva has been elected the next president of Brazil. Here's more on this:

Lula da Silva will return to Brazil’s presidency in stunning comeback

ao Paulo CNN —

Luiz Inácio “Lula” da Silva has been elected the next president of Brazil, in a stunning comeback following a tight run-off race on Sunday. His victory heralds a political about-face for Latin America’s largest country, after four years of Jair Bolsonaro’s far-right administration.

The 76-year-old politician’s win represents the return of the left into power in Brazil, and concludes a triumphant personal comeback for Lula da Silva, after a series of corruption allegations lead to his imprisonment for 580 days. The sentences were later annulled by the Supreme Court, clearing his path to run for reelection.

“They tried to bury me alive and I’m here,” he said in a jubilant speech to supporters and journalists on Sunday evening, describing the win as his political “resurrection.”

“Starting on January 1, 2023, I will govern for the 215 million Brazilians, not just the ones who voted for me. There are not two Brazils. We are one country, one people, one great nation,” Lula da Silva also said.

He will take the reins of a country plagued by gross inequality that is still struggling to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic. Approximately 9.6 million people fell under the poverty line between 2019 and 2021, and literacy and school attendance rates have fallen. He will also be faced with a deeply fractured nation and urgent environmental issues, including rampant deforestation in the Amazon.

This will be his third term, after previously governing Brazil for two consecutive terms between 2003 and 2010.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/30/ameri...ntl/index.html

In other news; David Eby is scheduled to be sworn in as British Columbia's premier on November 18th.

Also, the Liberal government in Ottawa has unveiled a plan to increase immigrants the number of immigrants entering Canada. Their goal is to have 500,000 people arrive each year by 2025.

Last edited by canflam; 11-02-2022 at 03:43 PM
Old 11-04-2022, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

It says something about Bolsenaro's ineptitude that we're all relieved Lula got re-elected.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

i would totally vote for Rick Roll

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 11-07-2022, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, so long as you vote. And you vote to ensure that everyone has the right to vote...
Old 11-08-2022, 07:47 PM

I'm just glad that political ads will be off the air I think for a while soon. They have largely been negative ads & on YouTube especially they are constant from what I've watched. That's what is partly frustrating about politics here. Besides the ridiculous amount of time between primaries & general elections. My guess is that it will not be much long after Republicans I Congress impeach Joe Biden after they win the House of Representatives again.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Impeach him for what??? lmao.

it wont be long until trump is indicted.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:12 PM

It could be because they blame him for inflation or the "border crisis". Maybe they do not like how many gaffes he has in public. The U.S. House of Representatives could I think impeach a U.S. president for whatever they decide or want to. Clinton lied about having an affair & in essence was impeached for it.

Last edited by canflam; 11-09-2022 at 12:46 PM
Old 11-09-2022, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Inflation is a world issue, not just a US issue, and its not Bidens fault either. Inflation comes and goes. And cooperation greed are responsible. Not to mention that republicans voted AGAINST price gouging, so what are they doing to help?

Republicans are the ones responsible for the border crisis as well, clogging things there because they are making legal means of getting into the country a lot harder for people. Thus, the cluster____ at the borders.

Clinton had an affair, so he got impeached for it. Stupid reason imo, but it happened. Biden has done nothing to be impeached for.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The youth really is the future of the country and the world. And Rs were really stupid to think trying to control women's reproductive rights wouldn't backfire on them. PA went Fetterman and the biggest reason was abortion rights. Part of me is actually, in a weird way, thankful to them for doing such a stupid thing. It really brought more people out to vote, which is great to see. If things keep looking up for Dems, Roe vs. Wade is closer to being officially codified than not.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-09-2022, 12:49 PM

Some races have yet to be decided, including our Governor's race here in Oregon. Fetterman appears to have held off Oz from winning. There's been some interesting results this week. After I get to a library I can post more of what happened yesterday. Typical Trump was taking credit for people he backed that have won their, but not ones which he backed & lost.
Old 11-09-2022, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Oregon went with a Dem gov, right? Think I saw that an hour or two ago.

The majority he backed lost... it's honestly a relief and nice to see. But then there are others who won and that bit sucks.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-09-2022, 04:58 PM

Yeah. So, here in Oregon our 3 main contestants for Governor are women. Betsy Johnson dropped out though of this race yesterday. There is a 4th women running in the Constitution Party, but has gotten less than 6,000 votes current counted for her. Christine Drazen is a Republican & has going against Tina Kotec. Tina Kotec is a progressive Democrat. whomever wins this race will be the 3rd woman Governor of Oregon & if it is Tina Kotek, she will be the second openly lesbian & 3th openly L.G.B.T. person to become Governor of a U.S. state joining our current Governor Kate Brown, along with Jared Polis of Colorardo, & Maura Healey of Massachusetts who reportedly won her election yesterday.

In other notable races I think up in Clark County, WA Republican Joe Kent who is running for a House of Representatives seat in the 3rd Congressional District & has vowed to investigate the 2020 elections is currently trailing Democrat Marie Gluesenkamp Perez by around 11,000 votes. This is the seat that Republican Jamie Herrera Beautler just had, but she voted to impeach Donal Trump, so Republicans voted for Joe Kent & it looks like that will not workout for them.

Also, in Georgia Hershel & walker & Raphael Warnock will have a runoff scheduled for December 6th next month.

Another person that seems to love conspiracy theoris is Kari Lake & she is in a close race for Governor of Arizona vs. Katie Hobbs. Hobbs has less than a 5,000 vote lead currently with 73% of the votes counted for that race.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread