Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly, it'd be scarier to me if they don't find the cause of the problem with that Soyuz and re-launch anyway. They can say "in six months" all they want, but if they find the problem and it's a serious one, they won't relaunch until it's been fixed somehow. Six months can change. They can move that date. But if they don't find the problem and still relaunch? That's a recipe for disaster.

I don't think you can be faulted for trusting USA Today, Kim. It's normal to trust newspapers and news sources right up until they prove you wrong.

Italy's Matteo Salvini says 'little ethnic shops' should close by 9pm Because, you know, if they're run by "ethnies" then they're a meeting place for drug deals. That's his actual position. In the year 2018. It's like there isn't a low that's low enough for this guy. He always has to find the stupider and meaner position to take.

Pentagon reveals cyber breach of travel records So the F-35s are lemons, they can't protect the election results and now even secret travel records are up for grabs. But they sure can't let one migrant child stay with their parents, can they? Good to know taxpayer money is going to the right places in the world's most powerful country.

Princess Eugenie, James Brooksbank tie the knot at Windsor Castle I wish them the best, though I don't particularly care about the royals in general. What I did think was neat is that she chose a wedding dress that didn't even try to hide her scars from her scoliosis surgery as a child. As someone whose body has a lot of scars, I'm always thrilled when a young, popular fashionista doesn't hide those things. It gives the rest of us some hope, you know?

Trump administration plans crackdown on protests outside White House If you can't the heat... I mean, seriously, it's like you're the leader of a democracy or something, dude. Grow some thicker skin.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:05 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Did everyone catch the video of Kanye West at the White House this week? Wow. He not surprisingly used profanity on camera there. I didn't see the whole video. Let me know if you did.

On another note the Florida race to be Governor is interesting I think & in part because DeSantis has had negative ads airing during what is over in that part of North America hurricane season. Usually I think that's taboo, but time's have changed certainly. Just wish Election Day would get here already.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

for your consideration...White House Reality TV

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 10-13-2018, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to give credit where credit is due. This administration is really good at getting everyone up in arms about things that really don't matter. I mean, it can't be a surprise that Kanye West is off his rocker, can it? And, even if it was, what does it matter? How does it change anything for anyone in their daily lives?
Old 10-13-2018, 12:39 PM

Well I haven't been following Kanye West's career for a while, so didn't know much of him being ''off his rocker''. Remember he did have an agenda coming to the White House as 1 thing he talked about there was Stop & Frisk, which he is not in favor of while Trump is. I think in this case after West used profanity Trump should've just said to him ''We don't do that here''. He didn't though. He let Kanye West go on & on I think in astonishment of him. I guess it would've been best if the media didn't cover that meeting, but Kanye & Trump were going to have it most likely regardless. Also I think in Trump's mind hanging out & listening to what Kanye West tells him makes him think that he'll get better numbers or more support from African-Americans, though of course Kanye West doesn't speak for all African-Americans.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have never, at any point, ever, followed Kanye West's career. In fact, I don't even know if he still has a career. This could also be how he's sustaining one. I mean, his wife is famous for no good reason, so he has intimate knowledge that you don't need to do anything to be famous. Still, even I could tell you he's off his rocker.

In the last year alone, he said slavery was a choice. This is the guy who has said that the worst thing that's ever happened to him, and this a man whose mother died in a plastic surgery accident, is that he'll never be able to see himself perform. This is the guy who said that he is the new Picasso.

Seriously, this is not a well man.

Trump didn't remonstrate Kanye West on his use of profanity because (a) it probably didn't even register. I mean, can you imagine Bannon stopped himself from swearing like a sailor. This is a not a crowd that has any respect for the institution of government. Also, (b) Trump couldn't care less. All Trump cares about is fame. Kanye West is famous. Kanye West is probably the most famous person right now who gives Trump the time of day. So Trump is like a pig in horse manure right now.

Of course, the media were going to report on that meeting since that's what media does. Two famous people, who are guaranteed to give you ratings if you put them on TV separately, were in the same room and quite happy to do barrels in their horse manure for the pleasure of an audience.

You can't be shocked the media covered it when it obviously worked inasmuch as you're paying attention to it. And that's what the people around Trump who know what they're about are counting on. The whole world is behaving like a bunch of toddlers having seen a shiny thing while they're burning down Rome.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Crazy Kim Jong Fatboy has his Dennis Rodman bobble-head and now Crazy Orange-Face Trump has his Kanye West bobble-head. it's like two bad pirates with terrible parrots. lol.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 10-14-2018, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kanye was a distraction, and to stroke both their egos. They both have daddy issues.

DeSantis is horrible. Have you seen the ad he's running to get elected? He uses his kids, to one, build a toy wall...it's all about sucking up to Trump. Not one single word about Florida, or the people in it. Governor my Not much I can do from here-I'm deep in a Red state, but, we got the governor in.

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Not that the same thing is going to happen as 2016, but how I felt that next morning. Plus, all of the people who are not going to get out and vote. Those people could end the US as we know it. They have no idea what's happening in the country, much less how dangerous of a position we are in right now.

Italy is moving migrants out of a town where they are welcomed. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45852952

Portugal has suffered a lot of damage from Hurricane Leslie. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45853847 27 injured, so a number that low is a great thing. Just goes to show, they can hit anywhere, even if they don't get hit often.

Jared Kushner has paid little to no taxes from 2009 to 2016, when he could start making money off being in the WH. Criminals surround themselves with other criminals. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...new-york-times

It's pathetic that the US is so compromised, and so filled with chaos, that these kinds of crimes aren't covered in the news, but Kanye in the WH is. I could drop kick the press at this point.

Kim
Old 10-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I obviously don't know enough about Italy, because this really hard shift to the far-right has really caught me by surprise. I understand that there is tremendous, nasty racism all across Europe. I know that. And it's obviously my own bias speaking here, but I have a hard understanding how non-former-Soviet countries can behave in such heinous ways.

Europe has borne the brunt of more and more hurricanes and tornadoes. Again, global waming.

I'm not shocked to hear that POTUS's son-in-law is suspected of/guilty of tax fraud. I think that just means he really belongs in that family after all, because that seems to be their main business strategy. Well, that and fleecing investors and not paying workers or contractors. So it all amounts to the same thing, really. White-collar robbery. Like, if they were black and were doing the same thing, but on the streets instead of through banks, they'd all be dead by now.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:53 PM

Rodman is different than Kanye West I think & in Rodman's case he did state his mission was to bring peace between the U.S. & the D.P.R.K. I think on his most recent trip there. I'd guess that most people don't have great relationships with both Trump & Kim Jong-un, so wasn't opposed to Rodman doing what he could to help deescalate tensions between the 2 countries.

A D.C. ethics group is suing after Sarah Sanders tweeted a photo with Kanye West.

https://www.rt.com/usa/441138-watchd...-kanye-selfie/

Last edited by canflam; 10-15-2018 at 11:18 AM
Old 10-15-2018, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that, Matt.

Kellyanne Conway was charged with violating the Hatch Act, too. Doesn't matter. POTUS blew it off, and nothing came of it.

Prince Harry and Meghan are expecting. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nt-baby-spring It makes me happy. He reminds me very much of Diana, and I adore Meghan.

Kim
Old 10-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That news made me smile this morning too
This is gonna be one gorgeous kid!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 10-15-2018, 11:33 AM

Could be. Not too worried either way. Speaking of kids though, in an ad for Republican Knute Buehler who is running for Oregon Governor a teacher in it blamed Oregon's graduation rate on it's current governor Kate Brown. Now I don't have or particularly want kids, but do have a niece & nephews & if they drop out of school sometime or don't graduate high school for whatever reason, it would be difficult for me to blame our mayor or governor. It's like saying if your kids end up making dumb-ass decisions later on in life you have your governor to blame. Come on. There are actually decent school districts also in Oregon, though I know that the Portland School District gets a bad rap.

Trump unsure whether Mattis will leave, says he is 'sort of a Democrat'

I haven't seen this whole interview from ''60 Minutes'' yet, but apparently it was another 1 of Trump's rambling ones.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was weirdly relieved to hear that the royals are expecting. "Weirdly" because I wish them well, but I don't know them. But I did have a stray thought once or twice about how they would feel if they couldn't have children. Not really sure why I thought about that or why it worried me. But I did. Anyway, so I was thrilled for them. For some reason. Plus, you know, it's always good to have good news.

Senate aide pleads guilty to lying to FBI When people lie about serving subpeonas, it really makes you doubt whether we'll ever be able to get to the bottom of this. Like, seriously, dude? What the heck? What are you scared of that you can't do your job properly?

Australia considers moving embassy to Jerusalem I mean, if the United States does move its embassy to Jerusalem, it doesn't matter who follows suit after that. But I can't believe there is anyone willing to follow suit, that's all.

Pressure building on Vatican to give women vote at synod Honestly, I think it's past time to have women involved in the highest echelons of decision-making within the Catholic Church. Which probably means this won't pass. But it should.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:10 PM

Thanks for posting all this news. So do you think it's a bad move for Australia to move their embassy if they choose to?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread