Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2021, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're looking great. I like the cotton candy pink wig.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love your pink wig!
Old 08-20-2021, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Sunny and Norman. It's one of my favourite wigs and I was so happy I got compliments about it yesterday, including one from a very handsome young man in Costa!

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 08-21-2021, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sure thing!
Old 08-21-2021, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

When you look that good, people are gonna notice, no matter how old or young.

I mean, I know you dress up to build yourself up. But, from the outside, all people see is that it takes guts to put on a pink wig, but it's worth it because you look so good.
Old 08-21-2021, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Aw thanks. I like how different wigs, clothes etc can make one feel different.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 08-22-2021, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've never worn a wig. I think, because of you, I'm gonna put that on the bucket list.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Wigs are awesome - I hope you get one or more. To make my wigs more comfortable, I attach velvet ribbon inside, all around the hairline, otherwise they annoy the heck out of me! I usually buy them from online shops like Hair Stop And Shop, Elevate Styles, Light In The Box etc. There have been times when I've received really naff, shiny wigs, which I've had to throw away, but that was mostly when I was new to them, and didn't know the best places to buy from.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 08-23-2021, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really appreciate the hint about a velvet ribbon, because I have an especially irritable scalp. I don't know how far it extends to my face, because I've never been able to wear makeup, but I know my scalp is really picky about what it will tolerate.

So I'll bear that in mind when I go shopping for a wig.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Glad I could help. My body constantly itches, and so I know what it's like having an itchy scalp too. As for make-up, I only wear it if I'm going for a coffee, meal, shopping etc, and I'm careful about the products I use due to my sensitive skin and eczema. I don't wear it at home or if I'm only going to the hospital or doctors. Even when I used to go to work I only wore a bit of concealer under my eyes. I had to get up at 5.15 am to commute so there was no way I wanted to put on a full face of make-up!

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 08-24-2021, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ack! 5.15 am in the morning! You're a better woman than am for having sustained that for any duration. Normally, I get up at 6.30-7.00 am and that is the absolute earliest that will ever get. Because I wasn't really functional at all, getting up that early.

Since the pandemic and working from home, I get up nearer to 8.00 and I'm still not super functional.

I don't have eczema. I've known enough people who had it to count my blessings on that front. But I do have dry skin, so it gets irritated quickly. And it's worse on my face/scalp. No idea why, but it's something I've noticed over the years.

I don't wear makeup in part because it gets complicated finding products (even sunscreen) that my face won't freak out over, but also because I have no hand-eye coordination to speak of. When I was 13-14, there was a school year where I gave it my all. Pencil around the eyes, concealer and lipstick being my all. And I look back on those pictures... yeesh. I look like a drunk clown.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Well I worked flexi-time, so I'd cycle to the station, get the train to Leeds and walk about 10 minutes to the office. I liked to get there early, so I could build up flexi hours, or take a long lunch or leave early at times.

Yeah, I've had eczema since I was a baby, and my skin is also quite pale and sensitive. I wish I had olive skin like my dad had, then the redness etc wouldn't show as much.

I always wear factor 50 on my face and neck all year round, under my make-up.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 08-25-2021, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some people are more functional in the mornings. I've known that for a while. Although, of course, anyone is more functional than me in the morning. It's a really low bar to clear.

I have my dad's skin. The super pale, dry skin, that's all him. My mum's paled a lot with age, but she started out marginally darker. She's able to tan, at least. My dad and I, we get red for a day or two and then we go back to no-pigment.

I wear factor 50 or higher when I go out, but I don't wear makeup, so it hardly makes a difference. I just look really pasty. All the time.
Old 08-31-2021, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

My half-brother and auntie both have the olive skin like my dad, and my mum was fairly pale, like me.

I've never been sunburnt in my life, and only go out in the sun when I absolutely have to. I wait until later to pick the blackberries in my front garden, and even if I get a lift to the doctors or something (I don't drive, so it's either my friend or a taxi), I put my factor 50 on.

Here are a couple of photos I took in my back garden a while ago.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me

Last edited by fluffybunny; 08-31-2021 at 03:12 PM
Old 08-31-2021, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've had sunburned. It's been long enough that I forget the specific circumstances, but I especially remember the one time it seemed like the entire skin on my nose kept peeling off. I was young enough that the thought crossed my mind that we might eventually reach the bone before it healed properly. But, of course, it was never going to be that way.

I mean, I'm fairly certain I burned some a couple of weeks ago when I spent a day at the zoo with my nephews. That was painful for a day or two. But no skin peeling or anything like what I exprienced before age made me somewhat wiser.

I do turn red a lot, but I don't consider that sunburn. It's just that I have no pigment to my skin. So turning red is just, like... evidence that I have been in sunlight. It doesn't hurt or anything.

For someone who was raised in the "wilderness," I remain incredibly ignorant of my wildlife sometimes. So I can't tell if the pictures you posted are of a duck or of a partridge. Either way, they're absolutely lovely.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread