Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jonah 2
Old 05-18-2016, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello lovelies
totally forgot about this thread! I'll try to drop by more often, used to love posting here
Old 05-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KindKennen* (View Post)
Yes, the 2nd chapter of Acts is a great chapter and a name of a Christian sing group from the 1970's and 1980's!!!
that's a cool fact
Old 05-29-2016, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Dave, Yes it is a cool fact.

In Bible study we studied Ephesians Chapter 6 verses 10-24.

Last edited by *KindKennen*; 05-29-2016 at 01:01 AM
Old 05-29-2016, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice

My late mom used to lead a Bible study after some years of participation
Old 05-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Nice

My late mom used to lead a Bible study after some years of participation
That is wonderful. How long has your mom been gone? Had she been ill for a while?
Old 05-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

@KindKaren

she passed away in May 2010... Cancer

Off and on the last couple years of her life
Old 05-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

Dave That must have been a rough couple of years for you. And still from time to time during holidays and Mother's Day especially. Her birthday, too.

Good she had her faith and belief in God to help her through emotionally and Spiritually. I am sure the prayers of friends and family from the church she had attended helped immensely, too. Even though it can be difficult to watch a parent go through the pain of cancer and end in what seems like a death too soon for us, God was ready for her to come to her new home in Heaven. My dad has been gone since the end of Dec 2002. He had prostrate cancer. Diagnosed in 1988. He has prostate cancer. had chemo, radiation and surgery. At one point had remission for 7 years!!! He appeared fine at our family reunion in July of 2002. He was the life of the party. Four months later, He had a brain bleed on the left side of his head and was operated on at the UCLA hospital. month later he has a brain bleed on the right side. this time they saw cancer throughout the brain, bones and lymph nodes. He was in and out of comas for weeks He was on oral ventilator to breath for him and tube feedings. On Christmas Day he was awake and alert!!! He snapped his fingers when he wanted the nurse's attention. He would write down what he wanted to say. He even wrote down a few jokes!!! The next day he was back in a deep coma. God gave us one more great day with him. After the first surgery, he came back to his home in Bakersfield. So, the hospital he was in was within walking distance from one of my mom's sister's house where we stayed. We put him on hospice and thought we would bring him to my aunt's house to die but God took him home before leaving the hospital on the 27th. That morning I thanked him for adopting me at birth. Also sang the two songs we sang as a duet at church service when I was 3 years old. They were my favourite ones!!! This was in 1960!!! After I finished my private time with dad, the feeding tube was stopped and ventilator stopped. Since I was a nurse and had been in the room during approx. 20 patients dying who were expected to die...kids-90 year olds, I knew about how the breathing can change at the very end. My brother was freaking out. This can last up to 4 hours. I prayed it would take less time. I had the few loved ones around dad's bed to say things they hadn't had a chance to...Thank you...I love you etc. As soon as everyone finished, my dad took a deep breath and died. His face was radiant. He had a slight smile. A very peaceful death and experience. Sorry for going on and writing a novel but being a retired nurse...One area I volunteer is with church friends and dying spouses. to see them when I can and pray for them and send cards. God gave me a Caring Heart and Compassion. If I was able to go back into nursing, it would be a hospice nurse. But that isn't a priority anymore because of all my physical limitations and 2 grown kids at home under the autism umbrella....Asperger's and severely autistic nonverbal but very vocal with some sign language. God has given me a ministry at home and amongst Women's Bible Study. God has also brought some women to me to mentor and not to judge their lifestyle choices. To remind them what the Bible has to say but not to judge. My grown kids are a blessing and a challenge. My husband and I will be celebrating 34 years of marriage!!! I love him more today than the day we got married!!! Hard for me to comprehend but that is trusting God in working out our problems and difficulties.....here I go again...writing another novel!!! I am actually writing books of our life. Some fiction and nonfiction for Toddlers through adults.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for sharing your story KindKaren :hug
Old 05-30-2016, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

You are welcome, Dave.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

this is a fun [my] family fiction Christian story to lighten the mood

I finally arrive in Heaven in, well, there are no years in Heaven.. and I get my mansion on the River View side of Heaven. Two people who look like my mom and dad...yes that's them all right, are Son Bathing [basking in the Glory of Jesus ] in the back yard and talking

Dad: is that Dave that just moved in next door to us
Mom: Yes it is
Both: Jesus, can you do us a favor....can someone else live by us....please, please, pretty please with a Crown on top!

so the next day, they hear a lot of noise next door....

Mom: Oh Heavens, what is all that noise next door

God: Oh yes, Chris Rock and Kevin Hart were kicked out of the Celebrity level of Heaven and they need good influences as neighbors; so I picked you two

Dad: Oh man, can we get Dave back as our neighbor or can we get my wife's sister to live by us

God: She loves living by the Horse Park and Dave moved by the basketball courts. You are stuck having Kevin Hart and Chris Rock as neighbors. NEXT time.... be happy with what you are first given!
Old 05-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Very cute.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks KindKaren
Old 05-31-2016, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

You are welcome Dave.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Faith is so much about knowing and I don't always feel it.
I know God is there, I know he takes care of me, but I haven't been feeling it for a few months.
Last night I went to a concert in church and I was just crying because his love just hit me

Just wanted to share
Closed Thread   Post New Thread