Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still excited for it. Going to read it as soon as I have finish the one I'm reading now.

Yeah, there is alot of book subscription boxes, but it is hard to find something that suits everyone.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 11-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I really only want one that suits me.

But, so far, I'm only found ones that are either U.S.-only or Europe-only, so
Old 12-02-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well, I really only want one that suits me.
That was what I meant in my last post when I said "find something that suits everyone".

___

Wish I had more time to read more.

Me and my wild boy
Old 12-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm reading Warwick Davis's autobiography right now and it is awesome. He's a great storyteller.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have just read the last chapter of Furyborn and holy crap what a good book it was! Hands down one of the best if not the best book I have read this year. I couldn't stop reading it (or thinking about it when I couldn't read). Such a amazing story!! This was my reactions for the whole story!!

And now I have to wait until 2019 when the sequel comes out (seeing it was an arc I read and wasn't supposed to be out until May next year). How I am suppose to wait this long for the next book?!?!?

Me and my wild boy
Old 12-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess this is why my brother won't stop new series until the whole series has been written. He says he's been "bitten' too many times and he won't do it anymore.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that is smart thing to do, but also I love the feeling of getting the second or third book in your hand after been waiting a while. However I'm not used to wait for over one year for the sequel. Mostly it is one year inbetween books.

Me and my wild boy
Old 12-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess he's been bitten more than once.

Besides, there are so many books to keep us busy.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I guess this is why my brother won't stop new series until the whole series has been written. He says he's been "bitten' too many times and he won't do it anymore.
I'm the same way about book series. I want to get all of them before I read them.

morgonrodnad: Just put Furyborn in my cart on Amazon after reading the plot.

Now that I'm done with school. I'm going to try and catch up on my reading.
Reading Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 12-15-2017, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
morgonrodnad: Just put Furyborn in my cart on Amazon after reading the plot.
As an preorder, right? When you get it and read it. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Quote:
Now that I'm done with school. I'm going to try and catch up on my reading.
Reading Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.
That books is good. Not as good as Furyborn was, but it was good. How do you feel about it?

Me and my wild boy
Old 12-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished a book on Thursday. A lovely piece of dreaminess aboard the Orient Express.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Reading my 51 book of the year right now and I think that will be the last one I read before the new year. It is a record for me.

Me and my wild boy
Old 12-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow Jess! that is impressive. I think I've read 6 this year

I had started out wanting to read the fools gold series but only made 6 book in

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got a couple of books for Christmas so far. (We don't officially conclude Christmas until my mother's had "her" turn this weekend.)

I started reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F-word. There's some foul language in it, which I can't imagine comes as a surprise with that title, but I am finding it really insightful.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Wanted to read more history books, so I got these on Amazon:

The Silk Roads - Peter Frankopan
Quote:
Far more than a history of the Silk Roads, this book is truly a revelatory new history of the world, promising to destabilize notions of where we come from and where we are headed next. From the Middle East and its political instability to China and its economic rise, the vast region stretching eastward from the Balkans across the steppe and South Asia has been thrust into the global spotlight in recent years. Frankopan teaches us that to understand what is at stake for the cities and nations built on these intricate trade routes, we must first understand their astounding pasts.

Frankopan realigns our understanding of the world, pointing us eastward. It was on the Silk Roads that East and West first encountered each other through trade and conquest, leading to the spread of ideas, cultures and religions. From the rise and fall of empires to the spread of Buddhism and the advent of Christianity and Islam, right up to the great wars of the twentieth century—this book shows how the fate of the West has always been inextricably linked to the East.
Magna Carta - Dan Jones
Quote:
The Magna Carta is revered around the world as the founding document of Western liberty. Its principles—even its language—can be found in our Bill of Rights and in the Constitution. But what was this strange document and how did it gain such legendary status?

Dan Jones takes us back to the turbulent year of 1215, when, beset by foreign crises and cornered by a growing domestic rebellion, King John reluctantly agreed to fix his seal to a document that would change the course of history. At the time of its creation the Magna Carta was just a peace treaty drafted by a group of rebel barons who were tired of the king's high taxes, arbitrary justice, and endless foreign wars. The fragile peace it established would last only two months, but its principles have reverberated over the centuries.

Jones's riveting narrative follows the story of the Magna Carta's creation, its failure, and the war that subsequently engulfed England, and charts the high points in its unexpected afterlife. Reissued by King John's successors it protected the Church, banned unlawful imprisonment, and set limits to the exercise of royal power. It established the principle that taxation must be tied to representation and paved the way for the creation of Parliament.

In 1776 American patriots, inspired by that long-ago defiance, dared to pick up arms against another English king and to demand even more far-reaching rights. We think of the Declaration of Independence as our founding document but those who drafted it had their eye on the Magna Carta.
The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War for the Holy Land - Thomas Asbridge
Quote:
The Crusades is an authoritative, accessible single-volume history of the brutal struggle for the Holy Land in the Middle Ages. Thomas Asbridge—a renowned historian who writes with “maximum vividness” (Joan Acocella, The New Yorker)—covers the years 1095 to 1291 in this big, ambitious, readable account of one of the most fascinating periods in history. From Richard the Lionheart to the mighty Saladin, from the emperors of Byzantium to the Knights Templar, Asbridge’s book is a magnificent epic of Holy War between the Christian and Islamic worlds, full of adventure, intrigue, and sweeping grandeur.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Closed Thread   Post New Thread