Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Cite Des Anges:
<STRONG>Btw, what's the official language in Singapore ?</STRONG>
english & mandarin? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

i'd [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] to visit singapore too! i have't been there. we're supposed to go this year (me & my co-workers) but due to budget constraints we've cancelled it. we're thinking of maybe HK or malaysia so its cheaper from manila.

hardlove: who's coming to town? i mean, what concert are you watching?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-28-2004, 04:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I love clean city [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] cuz in france it's sooo dirty sometimes as people let their pet's 'call of nature' on the pavement .... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Btw, what's the official language in Singapore ?</STRONG>
i think there are always inconsiderate people who let their pets crap all over the place. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] it's just that if you do it in Singapore, the government is so going to get you! maybe that's why it's cleaner lol.

Singapore's official language is Malay! it's weird cos no one speaks it except well, the Malays.

Quote:
Originally posted by L i N d $ @ y:
<STRONG>
hardlove: who's coming to town? i mean, what concert are you watching?</STRONG>
no, i meant that i was going to be in a concert - my school's spring concert. (i'm in choir.) wish i were gonna see a real concert though! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Moderator Manager

oh, i see. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] then you have a nice voice! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] how i wish i can sing too! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] have fun & good luck!

Old 04-28-2004, 07:06 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks Lindsay! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] but no, i don't have a nice voice! i just like being in choir. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Passionate Fan

hey Nicole, it's cool you know how to sing [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I second Lindsay, i wish i could sing too but i'm such a bad singer [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Btw Lindsay i forgot to say this on the Hp newbie thread, but you can call me Julie, it's way shorter than Cites Des Anges [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Old 04-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

hardlove - It's cool you join the choir, I've always been told to join one but I can't seem to sing either. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Umm maybe those of us who can't sing still have hope though with the quite successful*cough*William Hung*cough* around to remind us that we can maybe be another household name if we decide to go audition for our respective Idol shows. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] There's one here coming in Singapore soon, hmm should be interesting.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Yays! I'm on the list! Under my own little section! *Does happy dance*

Quote:
Originally posted by Colin James:
<STRONG>
Umm maybe those of us who can't sing still have hope though with the quite successful*cough*William Hung*cough* around to remind us that we can maybe be another household name if we decide to go audition for our respective Idol shows. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] There's one here coming in Singapore soon, hmm should be interesting.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] William Hung is my role model! Maybe someday I'll be so bad its good.

I figured Singapore was a little small. I had trouble mapping it, since the dot for the capital covered the country! Maybe I'll come visit some day...
Old 04-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
<STRONG>Btw Lindsay i forgot to say this on the Hp newbie thread, but you can call me Julie, it's way shorter than Cites Des Anges [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
okay, thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

hardlove: at least you're in the choir, at least that means you can sing. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

joanne: did you see william hung's video yet? ohgod.

Old 04-30-2004, 04:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by L i N d $ @ y:
<STRONG>
joanne: did you see william hung's video yet? ohgod.</STRONG>
My local TV staion did show it here this week but then I didn't bother to tune in to find out how it's like, cus I don't think I will miss much. He was trying to rip off Ricky Martin right as I saw in the previews, I can just imagine how ridiculous his video would look like. *shudders*
Old 04-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

i really wonder what the deal with William Hung is. i mean, i respect him and all, but does he know how truly awful he sounds? so why's he still doing this? does anyone know his reason?

btw Joanne, i shudder to think of Singapore Idol (or whatever it's called). [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Moderator Manager

i dunno who his manager is. i'm in the minority who thinks he's cool. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

linds: thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] the william hung vid did seem kinda a rip-off from ricky's video, but it was hilarious watching it coz it was kinda weird! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

joanne: i like your av! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

av
Old 05-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Extreme Fan

speaking of William Hung, someone told me that he used to go to my school! but i'm not sure about that. i suppose i should support him cos he's from HK like me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 05-01-2004: Message edited hardlove ]
Old 05-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

Hi everyone [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Erm nope Singapore's been all peachy on the political front (or maybe that's because I never read the politics section of the papers [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) yup heard of the Chen Shui-bian assination attempt though. My class was discussing it for GP. The guy who brought it up thinks that it was on purpose, and somehow I seem to agree. IMO only though. I know of the unrest in Thailand (and if I'm hopelessly wrong, please don't hit me. Haha...)

Singapore is nice in the fact that it's clean and you don't really have to worry about unrest in the country and it's safe. Stuff like that. It's alright to me since I was brought up in this country. It seems perfect? Hmm. I wouldn't really consider it perfect (the 'totalitarism' - which it isn't, actually - comes in here) but I'd say it's pretty cool [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Haven't seen William Hung, and I don't intend to. I don't see what the big deal is...like he can't sing at all. Yeah he was gracious and all but seriously I think people just miss those values [of humility and grace in failure, etc] so much that they overhype it (because he really doesn't deserve a place in American Idol at all. Why do people want him back on?! Why?) I shall never understand [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Jo Nicoll Highway was [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] when did you hear of it? I heard of it when I was entering the audi for my chem lecture at 5.30pm and my lecturer was like "oh Nicoll Highway collapsed" and at first none of us believed him, but I guess it was true after all. Oh, and the AYE thing too...I don't know what's happening at all. It's scary.

Take care, everyone, and nope I never thought of whether India was part of Asia or not. It should be, though [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2004, 06:28 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] cool new thread.
been busy.. how is everyone?

did I hear William Hung? OMG no..not here too.
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]