Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ Oh gosh! You should jump in!
I want to I'm just SO tired right now. I dont have the mind to comprehend all the profoundess you said

LMAO Aro and Bella a couple
Old 01-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally get it ... I'm pulling a late nighter myself right now.

at Aro and Bella. That would so make for an awesome parody, though. Do we have any creative people out there to write us a skit, give us a real good laugh?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowly fading (View Post)
I want to I'm just SO tired right now. I dont have the mind to comprehend all the profoundess you said

LMAO Aro and Bella a couple
I know how funny would that be Aro and Bella as a couple just my own little twist on things. I even crack up over it.

Aro: What a happy surprise! Bella is alive after all! I love happy endings, they are so rare.

I haven’t seen a prospective talent so promising since we found Jane and Alec. Can you imagine the possibilities when she is one of us?
Aro, New Moon, Chapter 21, p.477

Add me to the list I LOVE the Volturi!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aro wanted Bella for her powers!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
THAT, in my opinion, is not right and way too harsh. I mean, it's one thing to do it intentionally. If anything, they should have been either deducted a letter grade or made to do the entire assignment over after being corrected on the proper citation format. That sounds too much like a zero-tolerance policy and normally I'm completely opposed to those because everything in life is NOT black and white like those policies try to project.
I thought it was absurd for them to be ejected from the program. Not only to they lose the money paid on the semester, but it becomes increasingly difficult to get into any graduate program with a note of plagiarism on a transcript. It's equally frustrating that different professors use different source materials for citing. I had to buy a new APA manual because a professor of mine this semester wanted us to use 6th ed. instead of 5th, which my other professor uses. That's a $30-$40 book.

Seriously, if I were Bella, I'd have taken the offer of a free education and run with it.

Quote:
That whole suggestion with Marcus and Aro's sister sounds like an interesting substory within the Volturi story that I'd want to know more about.
It sounds strange, though, that Aro "became a vampire," however that might have happened, then waited to change his sister. I wonder how that all happened. I mean, did she know he was a vampire? Did he leave then come back for her? Did he changer out of an underlying need for allegiance or did he change her for some other reason, maybe the need to share that closeness with a sibling. I try to imagine his evolution during those thousands of years he has been alive, and the differences between his human version and the one we meet in the saga.

Quote:
I love the title being I always thought in some strange way that Aro had a thing for Bella and wanted her. I mean why else did he give her that huge diamond necklace and wanted her from the start. It was like he was seducing her in Italy when he met her.
He was strangely covetous of Bella, and it did seem there was a bit of subtext to what he was saying. He was the same way with Jane. I wonder if he just liked having a powerful, but still submissive, female....which I am sure someone has already noticed and turned into some particularly "interesting" (for lack of a better word) fan fiction.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Aro wanted Bella for her powers!
Definitely ... he's a power magnet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
I thought it was absurd for them to be ejected from the program. Not only to they lose the money paid on the semester, but it becomes increasingly difficult to get into any graduate program with a note of plagiarism on a transcript. It's equally frustrating that different professors use different source materials for citing. I had to buy a new APA manual because a professor of mine this semester wanted us to use 6th ed. instead of 5th, which my other professor uses. That's a $30-$40 book.

Seriously, if I were Bella, I'd have taken the offer of a free education and run with it.
Yeah, I even remember all that citing nonsense in my undergrad English classes. You're right, different professors require different format and when you get into another class some either want you to use an old edition, some an updated edition, and still others a completely new edition. And you're also right on about how the consequences follow you. It doesn't end there and that's completely unfair punishment for something that lacked malicious intent. It's much like someone getting arrested for some stupid/harmless misdemeanor (not that I'm advocating any crime, let me make that point clear LOL) - it follows you around anyway, people find it, and use it against you continously. Much in the same way for a felony crime.

Bella and free education is the way to go! I would if I could have. My loans are going to kill me!

Quote:
It sounds strange, though, that Aro "became a vampire," however that might have happened, then waited to change his sister. I wonder how that all happened. I mean, did she know he was a vampire? Did he leave then come back for her? Did he changer out of an underlying need for allegiance or did he change her for some other reason, maybe the need to share that closeness with a sibling. I try to imagine his evolution during those thousands of years he has been alive, and the differences between his human version and the one we meet in the saga.
Yeah, much like SM's description, Aro does scream "Ancient."

However, when talking about a beginning point in his vampire existence, it is quite a conundrum when trying to figure it all out and picture a scenario. In addition to what you've speculated, I'd be curious to know who turned Aro and why? Was it purely accidental in nature (an escaped attack) or did Aro actually consent to a 'change'? If the latter is true, I'd be interested in finding out why immortality as a vampire was an attractive solution for him. And it's definitely interesting about his sister. Is Marcus in anyway resentful towards Aro for killing off the sister? A lot of that hidden information feels like it would change the relationship dynamics going on with the Volturi.

As for human Aro vs. Vampire Aro - I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that perhaps he was power hungry even as a human being and being turned into a vampire only heightened that aspect to his personality? Kind of like what happens with the natural gifts - there is a predisposition for them but they magnify like tenfold in the immortal state? Maybe Aro held some type of powerful, notable position in his human life as well ... like a King, Prince, an Emperor in Europe somewhere?

Quote:
He was strangely covetous of Bella, and it did seem there was a bit of subtext to what he was saying. He was the same way with Jane. I wonder if he just liked having a powerful, but still submissive, female....which I am sure someone has already noticed and turned into some particularly "interesting" (for lack of a better word) fan fiction.
I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case - seeing as how Aro's existence definitely pre-dates the feminist movement, LOL. Actually, analyzing him deeper, perhaps he has some eccentric need/desire to be able to 'overpower' powerful women (indicative of how he related to powerful women ahead of their time during his human time) and it helps to validate his own prowness as a power hungry male (who could have very well held power in his human life as well)? Especially if he reasoned back in the day that becoming a vampire was supposed to provide him with the ultimate level of strength, power, and authority. I mean, Jane, deferring to him as 'Master'? I could be wrong but I don't recall any of the male members to his guard referring to him in such a manner.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 01-13-2010 at 07:05 PM
Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wonder if he just liked having a powerful, but still submissive, female....which I am sure someone has already noticed and turned into some particularly "interesting" (for lack of a better word) fan fiction.
now i wanna see if there is aro/jane or aro/bella fanfiction
Old 01-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
now i wanna see if there is aro/jane or aro/bella fanfiction
ME TOO!

Jen and I made Boarders post cast with Charlie aka Demitri from New Moon!

Borders: Twilight
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw this somewhere else of you awesome
Old 01-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
ME TOO!

Jen and I made Boarders post cast with Charlie aka Demitri from New Moon!

Borders: Twilight
Ooooo very nice
Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

So which one of the Volturi is your fav?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is tough to quantify any one of them as my favorite because the answer seems to change on a constant basis. I am going to think about it and get back to you on that one.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

I don't think I know enough about the Volturi really to make a decision. From what I know, I really like the complexity and sinisterness of Aro's character. Plus, Michael's portrayal of him in the movie made me like him even more.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I reallly enjoyed Michael's performance. He was by far my fav actor in the Volturi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread