Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeniable (View Post)
Of course. I'm not saying you should never be hurt or so on but both characters get hurt a lot in the books. I mean, I see how there is no way they can all end up happy since this is a triangle with only one girl and two boys but it still makes me sad.
It makes me sad, but not without hope. I have dealt with broken hearts myself, I'm sure the majority of us here have and we know that life does go on after a broken heart and it's possible to heal from it.

Icon by Periwinkles
froggiepopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just finished Eclipse a couple hours ago. WOW.
Uhm. Its amazing? It really is.
I got SO annyoed with Jacob in New Moon; && with Bella too, because I knew what would happen in Eclipse. But, I guess I was okay with what happened in Eclipse, Bella and Edward are getting married!! :]
xDaseyLoverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaseyLoverx (View Post)
I just finished Eclipse a couple hours ago. WOW.
Uhm. Its amazing? It really is.
I got SO annyoed with Jacob in New Moon; && with Bella too, because I knew what would happen in Eclipse. But, I guess I was okay with what happened in Eclipse, Bella and Edward are getting married!! :]
Isn't it wonderful?

I can't wait until their wedding in Breaking Dawn.

Then again I hate weddings so I hope Stephenie writes it well and it doesn't put me too sleep.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Very Wonderfullll. <3

YAY!!

Breaking Dawn!!!!!
xDaseyLoverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Supreme Fan

okay i finished eclipse!

so now is the time to make my final judgement on the bella/edward/jacob triangle.

and FINALLY i can fully enjoy the board and not be afraid of getting spoiled anymore

first of all!

WHY DOES NOBODY KEEP THE FIRST BOOK IN MIND! BELLA AND JAKE WOULD HAVE NEVER HAD THE STUPID FUTURE THEY TAKED ABOUT WHEN THERE WERENT MONSTERS. SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIFELESS AFTER THE VAN CRUSHED HER!!!!!!!!!! EDWARD INTERFEERED WITH HER FATE THAT WANTED HER DEATH WITH 17. HE IS THE REASON SHE IS ALIVE!!!! SHE IS HIS!!!!! DAMMIT!!

okay... now to the rest

well what can i say. could jacob be more pushy?? seriously i would have slapped that guy a lot more! how dare is he to kiss her against her will! . what would have been the next step?!?! forcing her to sex she doesnt want???

OMG! and that rude guy is supposed to be her soul mate? nice. now i know why fate wanted her dead before she met him again at 17. *shutter*

but well i admit that he had to try. even though i didnt like it at all! but in the end she was forced to choose and she chose against her so called 'soul mate' which is pretty cool cuz edward is then her true love

i never believed for one second that edward and bella were meant to be when i started reading the twilight series. that was what got me to fall in love with the pair. the pairing should have never happened because she was his prey and nothing else. yet they fell in love even though it wasnt meant to be. they had no help from the universe to find each other and love each other. they did all that by themselves. and that proves that there is something deep and pure in their love. something i love so much about the pair. they cant live without each other. the need is strong like they are one soul.

i loved the banter between edward and jake though . i laughed so hard. edward was always great and calm with his answers perfect!! and jake always the jackass in a way. mocking him. haha i enjoyed it soooo much!! i love them both here !!!!

i also loved that bella punched jake and how calm edward told him that he will break his jaw for her, hehe.

and the two bed scenes OMG!!!!! ... i WANT that next book!!! how can edard be that hot!!!

i really hope he changes her that exact night they try it she would remember that night then forever hehe plus is it just me or is it extremely HOT if he would bite her when they sleep together?

well that victoria was building an armee i guessed right from the start so it wasnt a surprise at all

all in all i HOPE jake stays MIA!!! he really got onto my nerves. i dont hate him or anything but i want to read about bella and edward. i dont really care at all what happens to jake. so well i was glad that he was out of the picture in the end.

god i hope he wont bother E/B again in the fourth book

haha.. well i guess thats it.

and as you see in my sig in the end i'm glad it all happened the way it did. because there is no love comparable with e/b. not even sam and emily have what they have because their love was imprinted. made for them. edward and bella made themselves to the true lovers and perfect persons they are for each other. against nature they built one of the strongest bonds possible.

PS: edward and bella getting married ... i LOVE it

Last edited by little_earthquake; 02-03-2008 at 06:43 AM
little_earthquake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

That was well said, Franzi.
I agree with most points.

What I didn't like about Eclipse was the epilogue. I mean, it's okay that Steph wanted to show how Jake deals with everything (does he? I didn't read the epilogue *cough*) but I didn't really like that she suddenly changed the point of view. I mean, we've been through everything from Bella's POV and now suddenly and without warning there's a new POV. That was strange for me.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:28 AM
Supreme Fan

yeah i hated that as well

but then maybe she wanted to give jake a chance to say goodbye. (hopefully). edward will have a whole book to tell his story . think of it that way

jake gets a lousy chapter.. heck just an epilogue. and our hero gets a whole book.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
WHY DOES NOBODY KEEP THE FIRST BOOK IN MIND! BELLA AND JAKE WOULD HAVE NEVER HAD THE STUPID FUTURE THEY TAKED ABOUT WHEN THERE WERENT MONSTERS. SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIFELESS AFTER THE VAN CRUSHED HER!!!!!!!!!! EDWARD INTERFEERED WITH HER FATE THAT WANTED HER DEATH WITH 17. HE IS THE REASON SHE IS ALIVE!!!! SHE IS HIS!!!!! DAMMIT!!
That's an excellent point.

Quote:
i never believed for one second that edward and bella were meant to be when i started reading the twilight series. that was what got me to fall in love with the pair. the pairing should have never happened because she was his prey and nothing else. yet they fell in love even though it wasnt meant to be. they had no help from the universe to find each other and love each other. they did all that by themselves. and that proves that there is something deep and pure in their love. something i love so much about the pair. they cant live without each other. the need is strong like they are one soul.
I think the universe did help them a little, at least to meet one another. When it does come to their love though, it wasn't forced and it was definitely a choice.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
That's an excellent point.
yeah i know. thing is, stephenie must have forgotten about that.

Quote:
I think the universe did help them a little, at least to meet one another. When it does come to their love though, it wasn't forced and it was definitely a choice.
exactly my point. they wanted it on their own. she wanted to take the risk because she fell in love with him. and not because fate told her so. because she just fell. and he couldnt let her go. he tortured himself to be close to her. he fell as well. they chose to be together because they couldnt go without each other. they took many risk to get what they wanted. each other.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty twin (View Post)
possessive? I mean I know you're J/B shipper but... Edward let Bella go, he let her chose. He was ready to let her go if she wanted Jacob
This has nothing ot do with being a JB shipper, really. It's just that, okay, later on he did let her go and see Jacob and everything, but at first he was being possessive at the point of getting his sister to praticaly kidnap the girl and make her stay at the Cullen's while he was away. That's being possessive, IMO

Quote:
well what can i say. could jacob be more pushy?? seriously i would have slapped that guy a lot more! how dare is he to kiss her against her will! . what would have been the next step?!?! forcing her to sex she doesnt want???
Again, let's remember that the kid is 17. I'm not saying what he did was right, or even that I liked it, he could have done i all different, but he had to try, he had to show her what he already knew was there. And, Bella may say what she want, she did love him too. She is in love with him too. She made her coice, yes, she chose Edward, but that doesn't mean Jacob wasn't right about them from the start.

Quote:
jake gets a lousy chapter.. heck just an epilogue. and our hero gets a whole book.
Let's remember that this is a general thread, please
Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
yeah i know. thing is, stephenie must have forgotten about that.
Yes I've learned the hard way that even the authors of stories have to go back and research their own stories.

Quote:
exactly my point. they wanted it on their own. she wanted to take the risk because she fell in love with him. and not because fate told her so. because she just fell. and he couldnt let her go. he tortured himself to be close to her. he fell as well. they chose to be together because they couldnt go without each other. they took many risk to get what they wanted. each other.
I still see them as fated, but then again I think it's possible for fate and free will to exist at the same time. I don't think fate is necessarily something that is set in stone, but it exists to pull you into the right direction. I definitely believe Edward and Bella are meant to be together, but if either one didn't pursue it then the course of "fate" would just change. Well I guess that really isn't fate then... is it?

I do think fate brought them together to be in each other's lives, but like I said before it was their choice to fall in love they could've just been friends. I also think Bella was brought into Edward's life to help strengthen his restraint since she is his singer, and there's the fact that he can't read her mind. I think she was brought to him to help humble him a little and so he would have to step out of his shell and get to know someone else. Still though, it could have just been for a friendship, but they decided to turn it into love.

I hope this makes sense I feel like I'm babbling now.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Again, let's remember that the kid is 17. I'm not saying what he did was right, or even that I liked it, he could have done i all different, but he had to try, he had to show her what he already knew was there. And, Bella may say what she want, she did love him too. She is in love with him too. She made her coice, yes, she chose Edward, but that doesn't mean Jacob wasn't right about them from the start.
yeah but seriously. she said no, she said she wanted to go. i get that he had to try and thats okay. but that was just plain disgusting. she wanted to get away from him and he forced her to kiss him. that was over the top if you ask me. and that hasnt to do at all with the age. either you have that temper inside of you or you play by the rules. he can have as much temper as he wants with edward. he can handle him but forcing a girl who doesnt want to kiss him to do is really sick. i seriously hated that part. i was surprised that edward didnt kill him. i really was with bella. i wanted it !!

Quote:
Let's remember that this is a general thread, please
oh come on. i wasnt rude or anything. we agreed to not have anti thread so prepare at least that not everyone will agree with everything.

Quote:
I still see them as fated, but then again I think it's possible for fate and free will to exist at the same time. I don't think fate is necessarily something that is set in stone, but it exists to pull you into the right direction. I definitely believe Edward and Bella are meant to be together, but if either one didn't pursue it then the course of "fate" would just change. Well I guess that really isn't fate then... is it?

I do think fate brought them together to be in each other's lives, but like I said before it was their choice to fall in love they could've just been friends. I also think Bella was brought into Edward's life to help strengthen his restraint since she is his singer, and there's the fact that he can't read her mind. I think she was brought to him to help humble him a little and so he would have to step out of his shell and get to know someone else. Still though, it could have just been for a friendship, but they decided to turn it into love.
haha dont worry, i get what you mean . i think you got me wrong . i dont say that edward and bella are random people who met and fell in love. NO WAY!!! there was fate.!!! their fate was it to be predator and prey. she had the blood that would get him hunt her and he was the attractive lion the stupid lamb followed. but they made the most impossible thing out of that fate. they turned it into something very special. they learned true love out of an impossible situation. they turned against nature and fell so hard that not even soul mates could have an effect anymore. their love is pure, because they chose to love. they chose to follow the desire they felt beside the physiacal need. he didnt kill her for her blood and she didnt ran away but trusted him.

all i wanted to say is that they werent meant to be together. they were meant to be predator and prey but chose to turn this fate into the strongest love possible. and it cant be broken anymore.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
haha dont worry, i get what you mean . i think you got me wrong . i dont say that edward and bella are random people who met and fell in love. NO WAY!!! there was fate.!!! their fate was it to be predator and prey. she had the blood that would get him hunt her and he was the attractive lion the stupid lamb followed. but they made the most impossible thing out of that fate. they turned it into something very special. they learned true love out of an impossible situation. they turned against nature and fell so hard that not even soul mates could have an effect anymore. their love is pure, because they chose to love. they chose to follow the desire they felt beside the physiacal need. he didnt kill her for her blood and she didnt ran away but trusted him.

all i wanted to say is that they werent meant to be together. they were meant to be predator and prey but chose to turn this fate into the strongest love possible. and it cant be broken anymore.
I understand now, thanks for explaining that to me.

Well that's the last thing I have to say for awhile in this thread, because I have a feeling things are going to get pretty heated. There are accusations in here that I feel that are slap in the face to me; since I've lived through both of them and I CAN tell the difference between what happened in Eclipse and how it goes in real life.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Supreme Fan

i think i found a little mistake in eclipse.

remember when jake tells bella how much he wished sam had taken a mental picture of bella when he found her in the woods and that he would have had so much fun thinking about that when edward was around?

later in the chapter when bella asks what he was thinking exactly about at school that tortured edward so much, he said he thought about how bella looked during the time edward was away. When she first came to La Push and looked not at all human, or when she was holding herself together, not able to breath when she remembered edward and he thought about the night when sam found her in the woods, cuz he had seen it in sams head.

so ... .. first he says he doesnt have a picture in his head of bella when she was found and then he said he did remember it while torturing edward with it.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This has nothing ot do with being a JB shipper, really. It's just that, okay, later on he did let her go and see Jacob and everything, but at first he was being possessive at the point of getting his sister to praticaly kidnap the girl and make her stay at the Cullen's while he was away. That's being possessive, IMO
no it's called being concerned, you have to remember that Edward sees the werewolves in a different way we do, he doesn't know how they really function he knows them from the stories and a bit from practice, the same way Jake sees vampires. they are BOTH narrow minded when it comes to seeing the other as something more than a monster. i totally get why Edward was trying at the beginning to keep Bella away from La Push as much as I get why Jake was throwing himself at Bella all the time, they BOTH love her and when you love someone you don't think straight