Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Nah, I don't think so. Or at least I'm hoping that's not the case. I don't know. For some reason I have a feeling there's going to be a twist or a surprise and not just some happy E/B ending. But, maybe I'm being too optimistic.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

ha. I think you might be.

Dont get me wrong, I love the books, but they seem to be a bit cliche.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

Hello!

I have recently converted from an Edward/ Bella Fan to a jacob and bella fan...I just looooovve jacob hes so hot and amazing!

Can I be added to the list please.
I've been underwater, breathing out and in
I think I'm losing where you end and I begin icon:iris
Old 03-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know. I'm hoping SM will surprise us and let go of the cliche a little bit. I'm going to be really disappointed in the books in general if Breaking Dawn ends with Bella and Edward singing tra la la and skipping off into the sunset whilst Jacob is just... there. You know? There was so much set up in Eclipse that I'm actually going to be surprised if we don't get at least some Jacob/Bella. And I'd be the happiest fangirl in the world if Edward and Bella didn't end up together in the end. Even if Jacob and Bella don't either, at least the option is still there.

Welcome to the J/B thread and congratulations on converting. Jacob is definitely hot and amazing. Don't forget to visit the Jacob thread too.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

matchesgurl07 Welcome to the thread. I'll add you. So happy you're a convert. And you're a Chuck/Blair fan!

I'll be disappointed too. Like you said, there was alot set up, so I just have to bank that there's going to be more than some fluffy E/B ending.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Welcome here matchesgurl07 Great choice about converting lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer (View Post)
I'm going to be really disappointed in the books in eneral if Breaking Dawn ends with Bella and Edward singing tra la la and skipping off into the sunset whilst Jacob is just... there. You know? .
I know me too Even if the main love story is suppose to be all about E/B I just can't see the book ending with them being all happy and married (and vampire lol), it just can't work that way, I think there's still too much stuff there that could avoid them to end like everything is perfect, especially with everything that was going on on Bella's min in the last book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer (View Post)
There was so much set up in Eclipse that I'm actually going to be surprised if we don't get at least some Jacob/Bella. And I'd be the happiest fangirl in the world if Edward and Bella didn't end up together in the end. Even if Jacob and Bella don't either, at least the option is still there.
Oh we definitely need some Jake/Bella in BD It wouldn't make much sense otherwise, I know they got a "goodbye" scene but their feelings for each other are so strong he can't just end that way, we at least need to see Bella thinking about him and missing him or stuff like that.
And I agree about J/B not ending together even if she's not with Jacob either, I could see something like that happening and so we will still have a lot of hope for JB

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 03-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

^ Agreed w/everything black mamba said.

I am holding out for a Jacob/Bella ending although I am afraid it won't be like that. I'm afraid E/B riding into the dark (because their skin is too sparkly in the sun). UGHH. and I bet you Jake is gonna be dead or something to make most of the fangirls happy. cause thats what steph is - a major E/B fangirl.

I am SOO glad to be back. I haven't been here in 2 days. I missed you guys!!!
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww, we missed you too
Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I've discussed my stance on a Jacob/Bella ending with DreamWalker, but I don't think I've really put it out here.

I was thinking today that Jacob and Bella are sort of like Noah and Allie from The Notebook. The guy that Allie was engaged to wasn't a bad guy... she probably would've had a nice life with him... but Noah was who she was meant for. The first time I read the series, I thought it was cool that Bella had such a good friend in Jacob, but now it makes me angry that she opened herself up to Edward so easily after he abandoned her once. I know he had his reasons, but come on... Bella was in pieces and Jacob stood by her while she settled into a new routine.

Maybe Stephenie will write a BlackSwan ending... not because there's a huge base that wants it, but because in life (like in writing), the direction of things changes. I'm really hoping that Jacob has a significant part in Breaking Dawn. And I would LOVE if there were a book from Jacob's POV, although I doubt that will happen.

Could anyone make me an av that has a black background and simply says "BlackSwan" in white type please? I'd appreciate it.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

^I'd never thought of it that way. I keep hoping that SM will decide to go with a JB ending just because that's how she thinks it should end instead of following all the EB fans. I love the quote in your siggy, btw.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks ancientshadows!

I hadn't thought of the Allie/Noah connection either until a few days ago. I like Edward all right, but I'm just leaning more and more toward Jacob and Bella...
Old 03-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose (View Post)
I've discussed my stance on a Jacob/Bella ending with DreamWalker, but I don't think I've really put it out here.

I was thinking today that Jacob and Bella are sort of like Noah and Allie from The Notebook. The guy that Allie was engaged to wasn't a bad guy... she probably would've had a nice life with him... but Noah was who she was meant for. The first time I read the series, I thought it was cool that Bella had such a good friend in Jacob, but now it makes me angry that she opened herself up to Edward so easily after he abandoned her once. I know he had his reasons, but come on... Bella was in pieces and Jacob stood by her while she settled into a new routine.

Maybe Stephenie will write a BlackSwan ending... not because there's a huge base that wants it, but because in life (like in writing), the direction of things changes. I'm really hoping that Jacob has a significant part in Breaking Dawn. And I would LOVE if there were a book from Jacob's POV, although I doubt that will happen.

Could anyone make me an av that has a black background and simply says "BlackSwan" in white type please? I'd appreciate it.
Here's BlackSwan with white type for you
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Sorry to double post...but

Here's something interesting I found while looking for pictures of a black swan.
Apparently there is a black swan theory. Here it is:
"A black swan is a large-impact, hard-to-predict, and rare event beyond the realm of normal expectations.
Almost all consequential events in history come from the unexpected—while humans convince themselves that these events are explainable in hindsight."

Interesting, huh?
Brody♥Bilson
Old 03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Very interesting.

A friend of mine presented me with an interesting idea about EB shippers and JB shippers. She thinks EB shippers are the die-hard romantics and we are realists. Thoughts?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

We are def. realists.

I was thinking about this a lot because usually I fall for guys in books like Edward. Or so I thought...

My friends who are E/B shippers also ship Ron/Hermione. I find that interesting because to me, Ron & Jacob have similarities (not ALL, but some). For example. both of them at one point have longish hair and are called upon it (Ron at the wedding in book 7 with his aunt Muriel, Jacob with Bella in Eclipse). Both boys wear their hearts on their sleeves, and are impulsive. They are both sarcastic, and can be cocky and/or mean.

Anyway, I think that Edward is more of a romantic, unrealistic male lover. He is excellent at almost everything he does- piano playing, is patient (with sex and all), always say it is HIS fault whenever something happens. Not only that but he can read minds (maybe not Bella's, but still).

Bella & Edward's love is very fairy tale. It is also like the beginning of a relationship. They are equally attracted to each other physically. He to her singing blood, his to his well vampirism, and golden eyes, etc.

When Bella becomes a vampire (or is turned), will Edward feel the same way about her that he did before?

(Note- I am NOT saying she WILL be turned. That is just a very likely event that will happen in Breaking Dawn.)

Jacob&Bella on the other hand are more of a realistic later relationship. They trust each other. They know what each other is thinking without having to say it. They let each other be themselves. They do not (really) tell each other what to do. They are pretty much open with their feelings (minus Bella's denial). Also they have fun together and do normal human things. Together they are happy and sunshine and yaddablahblah.

WOW THIS IS THE BIGGEST POST I HAVE WRITTEN ON FF.
wow
Brody♥Bilson
Closed Thread   Post New Thread