Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Loyal Fan

WoW! you guys had just clear my mind about JB! they are def perfect for each other and i love that vid JACOB!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
When we saw the whole imprint thing for the first time I told my friend "this is something ot make Jake imprint in someone and leave Bella to be with Edward and get him out of the way". I don't know if that was the intention, but it felt like that to me. I still think that the connection Bella and Jake have is way stronger than that... it's not only on the romantic level, it goes deeper than that, it's like they said it themselves, they're kindred spirts.
Exactly. It made it seem like an easy out possibly and I don't like that. I much prefer Jacob not to imprint.

I agree..........I still think the connection J/B has is stronger than that too.

Quote:
and goodness knows what she'll be like when she's a vampire. He mentioned something like this in the epilogue...that if only she'd stay human, he can handle the situation a lot better.
Exactly. That's why he tried so hard to get her to re-consider. It wasn't just about him being in love with her...........it was also about her choice to become a vampire and not being the same Bella any more.

Quote:
With Jacob/Bella, it seems so much more organic. So much more realistic. It's more personal with them. There is only one Bella and one Jacob, and they interact as only they can. They laugh together. They tease each other, like bickering playfully about who's oldest. Basically, they act their age and "kiss and make up" like normal couples.
I love the way you put that.

Quote:
I personally don't like who Bella becomes in the E/B relationship. It's not Edward I have problems with. Edward is great, I love him. But Bella becomes the epitome of an anti-feminist. She hates herself, hates being human, and still doesn't think herself worthy of Edward. What kind of message is that? Who cares that you're average? You're not a mythical creature for goodness sake! It just seems so superficial to me. Bella, honey, find and understand yourself first...co-dependent relationships are horrible for your self-esteem. It's like she needs to destroy her soul just so she feels equal with him and worthy to be in his presence. She needs to have more respect for herself than that. I don't blame Edward for this behavior...he's tried his hardest to save her from herself.
Once again I agree. That's why I fell in love with J/B. She seems to be the best version of herself when she's with him while that's not the case with Edward. And like you said.........I don't blame Edward for that..........it's just the way it is for Bella in that relationship which is why I don't think he's her best choice.

Quote:
SM has said that Bella tends to live for others, so all of this could just be part of her characterization....but the ironic thing about this is - she isn't like that when she's with Jacob. I know she said she didn't start living until Edward came into her life (no pun intended) but honestly, I didn't see her light up, be carefree, and not be afraid to be herself until Jacob came into her life. Jake was like a breath of fresh air and sunlight...even after Edward came back. Remember Bella trying to sneak off to be with him?
I agree. It's totally different with Jacob which is such a contrast.

Quote:
Jacob never once had to play "20 questions" with Bella. He knows her without asking, without her saying anything...he already knew she was in love with him before she even realized it. He understands her on a level that even she doesn't understand. That's why they'll be soulmates for life.

I love your long posts Fergie.

Love the video!

Quote:
Its kind of funny that Bella is not only choosing between two guys (or well, now that she has chosen Edward *grumbles; theres still hope*) but two lifestyles. As Hamlet said, "To be or not to be, that is the question." And ultimately Bella is asking herself that. Should I live or should I be forever NOTMYSELF but some beautifulsexyvampgirl
Yep, once again the contrast is so interesting.

Quote:
Someone on livejournal had pointed out the biblical names before, but I didn't figure it out on my own. I don't really know if it's supposed to be significant or not but it certainly is interesting.
It is interesting. I've seen that on LJ too.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good catch on the Bible names, I didn't even realize that! I wonder if there's any significance there...

These are parts of a SM quote that I found interesting...

Quote:
Bella does not fall in love with Jacob in Eclipse. Bella falls in love with Jacob in New Moon. I think it’s easy to understand why this fact doesn’t occur to her. Bella has only fallen in love one time, and it was a very sudden, dramatic, sweep-you-off-your-feet, change-your-world, magical, passionate, all-consuming thing (see: Twilight). Can you blame her for not recognizing a much more subtle kind of falling-in-love?
Ah but see, it's normally that second kind of love that is the most successful. The first kind of love, from the way she worded it, seems more like an intense infatuation. The "oh I'm love, because he's perfect and can do no wrong" dramatic feelings, from what I've witnessed, are fleeting - at least in the real world. But why not...E/B is more of a fairy tale anyway...

Quote:
Does this love devaluate her love for Edward? Not for me. For me, it makes that perfect true love stronger. Bella has another option. She has a really good one. An option that’s easier in many ways, that takes nothing—like her family, present or future—away from her. She would have love, and friendship, and family—an enviable human future. But she chooses Edward over all of this. This makes it real for me.
But how is that real? *is confused* I don't understand Meyer to tell you the truth. I mean I applaude her for the story she's shared with us, but still...I disagree. How is Bella giving up everything she is for a guy a realistic version of what true love is? You only get one life, just one...it's a precious gift. It's that Romeo&Juliet thing again...blah, how I hate that play.

Name's Sana
My LiveJournal
Thanks to luna_ann for the avi!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

hey! ive just started getting into twilight. i love the book so far.

im only on 7 but i just read about jacob/bella's first interaction.

Even tho i am a fan of Edward/Bella, I find j/b adorable. So please add me!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

Fergie, loved your posts! Aw, so frealking awsome and all so true.

Quote:
I was the exact same way. I loved E/B in Twilight but then we got Jacob and Bella and like you said, we got to see something real and so genuine and just on a totally different level from what made up the foundation of the E/B relationship. Jake and Bella had this firm foundation in a really great friendship. He was there for her when she needed him most and she was the best friend he had and everything evolved from there. Edward and Bella just started to seem like a fascination gone a little too far.
This is exactly how I felt

Quote:
Edward is great, I love him. But Bella becomes the epitome of an anti-feminist. She hates herself, hates being human, and still doesn't think herself worthy of Edward. What kind of message is that? Who cares that you're average? You're not a mythical creature for goodness sake! It just seems so superficial to me.
Yep. This is where SM just kill Bella for me. I mean, we can see her in whole book taking charge of her life (to some degree), taking chances, answering only to herself, and then, when Edward comes back, she goes back to being the girl who knows nothing, whom get trapped inside her own house because her boyfriend disconected her car wires and she still leaves the window open so he can come in at night.

Quote:
Ah but see, it's normally that second kind of love that is the most successful. The first kind of love, from the way she worded it, seems more like an intense infatuation. The "oh I'm love, because he's perfect and can do no wrong" dramatic feelings, from what I've witnessed, are fleeting - at least in the real world. But why not...E/B is more of a fairy tale anyway...
Let me just say it right here that I love you But yeah... only intense infatuation, like you put it, can't keep you grounded for the rest of your life, even if you're talking about forever. It won't challenge you to do better. It fades. Now, the other kind, that one that you have no idea where it came from but you just know you can't let it go away, you can't exactly say when it started you just know it's there... that's the kind that never leaves, it's the one you can live without that person if necessary, because even without them you still have the feelings. You just don't want to.

Quote:
But how is that real? *is confused* I don't understand Meyer to tell you the truth. I mean I applaude her for the story she's shared with us, but still...I disagree. How is Bella giving up everything she is for a guy a realistic version of what true love is? You only get one life, just one...it's a precious gift. It's that Romeo&Juliet thing again...blah, how I hate that play.
Yeah... I don't get it either... I stil don't understand her concept of true love... I really can't see it. I see what Jake and Bella have as real. The way they don't have to put up an act or pretend. The way they can just let go and be mad at each other. The way they can tease each other and be bitter and make up and say they're sorry. That's real to me.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Maybe she wrote this book because her life wasn't like that. Or maybe it is.

Writers do take from their lives (believe me, I wrote a 10 page short story based on a girl who runs cross country, has a therapist and doesn't really want to talk about her problems). So maybe she has a 'Jacob' type of husband but wanted to show others how her life would be with an Edward dude?

I have to say if Bella isn't back to her normal self in Breaking Dawn, I might not read Midnight Sun...
Brody♥Bilson
Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Writers do take from their lives (believe me, I wrote a 10 page short story based on a girl who runs cross country, has a therapist and doesn't really want to talk about her problems). So maybe she has a 'Jacob' type of husband but wanted to show others how her life would be with an Edward dude?
I know.... writers are hard to get. I should know

But, why aren't you going to read Midnight Sun? It has nothing to do with BD.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Because i hate edward?

anyway...
Brody♥Bilson
Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aw, I'm just too lazy to read all the post right now but I'm sure they are great and that I agree with what I've been said lol I will look at it later.

Just wanted to say to Dorkodancer147 that I'm going to add you now and welcome here If you already like J/B in Twilight I'm sure you just going to love them even more in New Moon and Eclipse

And someone mentioned a new reason, I will add it too

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fergie* (View Post)
I agree The first kind is the more "In Lust" kind. The overwhelming kind and cause of that you think it's more stronger somehow. But it's the gradual falling in love that sticks. I think it's the knowing that that is more reality and true than anything else that made me hop onto the Jacob bandwagon. Eclipse totally turned it around for me. The Jacob/Bella storyline was just so much more true than anything else in the book.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yep. This is where SM just kill Bella for me. I mean, we can see her in whole book taking charge of her life (to some degree), taking chances, answering only to herself, and then, when Edward comes back, she goes back to being the girl who knows nothing, whom get trapped inside her own house because her boyfriend disconected her car wires and she still leaves the window open so he can come in at night.
I agree, daritah. I find it hard to believe that just because you're in love with someone, you can never get truely mad at them or be afraid to put up a fight. Edward is not her parent, and she shouldn't have acted like a disobediant child. She should have put up a fight, stood up for herself.

Another thing, I don't like how Bella isolates herself from everything else just because Edward is back in her life...up until Charlie told her to find balance, she probably would have continued to shut herself off. This is my biggest pet peeve: her life, the sole purpose for her existance becomes Edward. I'm sorry but that makes me want to vomit, and it has nothing to do with liking J/B. When you're in love, yes, of course that person becomes a big part of your life. But you don't live for them! There has to be some level of independence there.

I just can't stand how weak Bella becomes. It gives me a headache and I get the urge to want to slap her silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jmarit_ (View Post)
The Jacob/Bella storyline was just so much more true than anything else in the book.
Wonderful way of putting it! Jacob/Bella, unlike E/B, can exist in a world with no magic and no monsters. Their relationship is raw, imperfect, and beautiful - kind of like life.

Name's Sana
My LiveJournal
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

^^ I agree, **Fergie**

BTW you post the best posts, Fergie.

ahhahaa now whenever I see your username I am gonna be like "fergalicious so delicious" lol
Brody♥Bilson
Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Cute Is She (View Post)
^^ I agree, **Fergie**

BTW you post the best posts, Fergie.

ahhahaa now whenever I see your username I am gonna be like "fergalicious so delicious" lol
Aw, thanks!

haha I love that song! I really like name Fergie....My real name is Sana, BTW. You guys can call me which ever name you want or remember. lol.

Name's Sana
My LiveJournal
Old 02-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Ahh, too many posts to catch up on! I'm sure I'll agree with you guys, like I always do

Quote:
Wonderful way of putting it! Jacob/Bella, unlike E/B, can exist in a world with no magic and no monsters. Their relationship is raw, imperfect, and beautiful - kind of like life.
Perfect way of putting it!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Welcome Dorkodancer147! I should know your name, but it slips my mind at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jmarit_ (View Post)
I agree The first kind is the more "In Lust" kind. The overwhelming kind and cause of that you think it's more stronger somehow. But it's the gradual falling in love that sticks. I think it's the knowing that that is more reality and true than anything else that made me hop onto the Jacob bandwagon. Eclipse totally turned it around for me. The Jacob/Bella storyline was just so much more true than anything else in the book.
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fergie* (View Post)
Another thing, I don't like how Bella isolates herself from everything else just because Edward is back in her life...up until Charlie told her to find balance, she probably would have continued to shut herself off. This is my biggest pet peeve: her life, the sole purpose for her existance becomes Edward.
It's not healthy to totally form her life around his.

More casting news today, but still nothing about Jacob.